Russell Mael 'disillusioned’ by Morrissey’s recent comments

Sparks singer ‘disillusioned’ by Morrissey comments - BT
The former Smiths singer is a long-time admirer of Russell and Ron Mael’s music.

Excerpt:

Sparks singer Russell Mael has described comments Morrissey made in April about politics and race and last year in response to the Manchester terror attack as “ill-conceived and wrong”.

Mael, whose pop-rock band is famously beloved by the former Smiths singer and who is a fan of Morrissey himself, added that he “does not understand” the remarks.

Morrissey recently made comments where he suggested people should give far-right political party For Britain a chance and that halal meat production required “certification that can only be given by supporters of Isis”.

Following the bombing at an Ariana Grande concert in the Manchester Arena in May 2017, the singer implied in a statement that politicians were scared to call the attacker an Islamist extremist.

Asked for his thoughts on the singer’s comments, Mael told the Press Association: “I’m totally in agreement with anybody being disillusioned because I am as well.

“It seemed so inconsistent, all these perspectives that he has on those various issues, just stupid, dumb kind of things.

“I obviously don’t agree with any of these things. They’re just so ill-conceived and wrong.”

He added: “It’s just a pity. When you’re a fan of somebody you want to be a fan in all sorts of ways.

“You may be like ‘I still really like the music, but the person, I can’t agree with their stance’.

“I’m like all the people that don’t understand what is in his mind. I don’t understand.”

sparks-singer-disillusioned-by-morrissey-comments-136427349287640701-180522143012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would WE know? Why, do you prance around like a bunny rabbit?

How would "WE" know?:crazy:
Who is a "WE" you and your fellow Skinny fake minions like the Halal Butcher?? Please put up a group photo of you and
the fake minions ASAP.:crazy:

No need to post a photo of myself as I don't bounce around the threads dissing people for having dyed hair, a moustache, a tattoo, what they are wearing, or any of the other bodyshaming comments like you have made about J Marr or the Mael brothers.
Neither do I call people gay for no reason, do you have a problem with people who are gay as you seem to like saying people are, even though you have no proof?

WTF? Nobody ordered Sparks to prance onstage wearing knee length blue britches. They came up with the notion themselves. If they dont want commentary about it, wear other type of clothes, normal wear like Moz does. Same thing goes for the bunny hopping. Dont do it if you dont want anyone to observe.:crazy:

Ok
Im not 5 foot 2
I dont have brown hair ear flaps
I dont have:handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
For sure I dont wear little blue knee length britches
I dont bunny hop on or off stage
Never have had any tats at any age.
Dont pray to a comet
Never dressed up like a bride
Never have had a mustache, much less one of those Hitler type mustaches
Never had a 'mystical guitar'
Dont have a froggy in my throat

:babyangel:

However, you enjoy body shaming others while being anonymous yourself. Face facts son, you have no life, no friends and the only way you can get the attention you crave is to troll this site

However, you enjoy body shaming others while being anonymous yourself. Face facts son, you have no life, no friends and the only way you can get the attention you crave is to troll this site

:rolleyes:
Are you slow on the uptake? Friends like Skinny or Halal Butcher who dis and shame Moz 24/7? (actually the one self LOL)
You cant possibly be a real person, you MUST be a bizarre Skinny creation.

:crazy:

No need to post a photo of myself as I don't bounce around the threads dissing people for having dyed hair, a moustache, a tattoo, what they are wearing, or any of the other bodyshaming comments like you have made about J Marr or the Mael brothers.
Neither do I call people gay for no reason, do you have a problem with people who are gay as you seem to like saying people are, even though you have no proof?

I dont see that as a legitimate reason why not to put a photo up. If you want others to do something you should do so yourself. Bouncing around or not is not an excuse.
Bouncing around?:crazy:

Im not dissing them, Im offering them as glaring contrasts to Moz dignified pose. They can bunny hop
all day long but if they are going to be doing it in public there will be commentary.

:rolleyes:
Are you slow on the uptake? Friends like Skinny or Halal Butcher who dis and shame Moz 24/7? (actually the one self LOL)
You cant possibly be a real person, you MUST be a bizarre Skinny creation.

Really - I don't see either taking the piss out of his hair, his voice - only his views. So no I'm not slow on the uptake. What I do know is that you are a body shaming coward who wont register and wont show us a picture of yourself.

The funny thing is that Vegan.Tit is obviously hoping Morrissey spots his musings and thinks I'd like to know that cool guy and make him my firend. Unfortunately, like the rest of us he'll just know he's a happless f***wit. It is fun to watch such an epic public failure though.

Yeah just what we need. Our very own kristallnacht. *rolleyes*
Let's just say it would be more of a naturally human response rather than the frankly weird peace-and-love-and-do-nothing charade of the moment. Assad has chemical weapons! - quick, get in there with the warships and blast the crap out of the place. A bomb that intentionally kills and maims children in Manchester - say nothing, do nothing and humbly love thy neighbour. Double standards.

Did the wahabi Muslims join in too? The ones who would have been celebrating the Manc attack behind closed doors, seeing it as revenge for Iraq etc? Did they get token pats on the head too?

No idea, what I do know is that hundreds of Muslims in Manchester turned out in support of the victims of the attack .

Well, let's just say that in London there is a certain type of person who does enjoy going round stabbing others - and to deny that would be denying a statistical fact.
Yes dickheads just like the pricks who choose to blow themselves up or decide to go and shoot a load of school kids.

Really - I don't see either taking the piss out of his hair, his voice - only his views. So no I'm not slow on the uptake. What I do know is that you are a body shaming coward who wont register and wont show us a picture of yourself.

O LOL. I see. Calling Moz a racist nazi c*** is OK but making fun of that gay dude bunny suit from Sparks,thats way out of line. Your boyfriend Halal Butcher must be talking political views when he called Moz a fat bald Ponce with huge letters.:crazy:
LOL
Now I know YOU ARE SKINNY>:straightface:

The funny thing is that Vegan.Tit is obviously hoping Morrissey spots his musings and thinks I'd like to know that cool guy and make him my firend. Unfortunately, like the rest of us he'll just know he's a happless f***wit. It is fun to watch such an epic public failure though.
Coming from a man who spends his days on a Morrissey fan site but who actually hates Moz and everything he's about! Did he fail to touch your hand when you imploringly held it out once at a concert? Was that the moment when your adoration turned to hate - when you decided to devote your every waking hour to basically trolling the man?

Last edited:

I want Moz to contact me via comet?:crazy:
Make me his 'firend'.:straightface:

W
T
F

WTF? I thought you never ever read my posts. :crazy:
Dork Surface also never reads them:laughing:

I want Moz to make me his 'friend'.:kissingclosed:

Well I suppose that makes 2 out of the hundreds of members there are on the site. Looks like your sad attempt at body shaming, your constant trolling and your pathetic use of emojis, isn't delivering the attention you so desperately crave. Face facts son, just like in your real life you have very few friends on here either.

Anyway off to play football for an hour with my mates - think of some more smart arse nonsensical comments while I'm away, i may choose to read them there again, I may not.

Well I suppose that makes 2 out of the hundreds of members there are on the site. Looks like your sad attempt at body shaming, your constant trolling and your pathetic use of emojis, isn't delivering the attention you so desperately crave. Face facts son, just like in your real life you have very few friends on here either.

Anyway off to play football for an hour with my mates - think of some more smart arse nonsensical comments while I'm away, i may choose to read them there again, I may not.

Ok Skinny, when you get back maybe try looking for work.:crazy:
(LOL 65 year old with the huge pupic playing football for an hour, I dont think so.Hump the ball maybe.:laughing:)

Morrissey will just ignore it. He's fine with his music idols until their behaviour falls foul of his expectations (pot, kettle..)...just look at his attitude to Bowie.

Morrissey will just ignore it. He's fine with his music idols until their behaviour falls foul of his expectations (pot, kettle..)...just look at his attitude to Bowie.

My recollection is it was Bowie who caused their falling out. Then some of you thought you could order Morrissey to still love him. If you have a falling out with someone, do you want strangers to tell you you're not allowed to decide for yourself if you still love them?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom