Salisbury Gig Postponed

gwentboy

Just got an email from See Tickets:

We're writing to inform you that MORRISSEY at Salisbury City Hall
on 25/05/2009 has been postponed. Once the new date is confirmed you will
be informed.

Tickets will remain valid for the new date or if you prefer, face value
refunds are available if the tickets are returned to us. Refunds can be
claimed up to a week before the rescheduled date.

We strongly recommend that you return your tickets to us by secure mail
to See Tickets, 4th Floor, Norfolk House, 47 Upper Parliament Street,
Nottingham NG1 2AB,
with a copy of this E-mail.

If your tickets haven't been despatched and you wish to claim a refund,
please contact us on 0871 2200260

I reckon he's done it to try and save the London shows and I don't think it will work. Can't see his fragile voice being able to do 3 nights in a row in Brixton, let alone another show in 2 nights at the Troxy. The schedule is crazy and unworkable, when oh when will he learn??

Why doesn't he just gargle on some listerine and get a grip.:crazy:

Why doesn't he just gargle on some listerine and get a grip.:crazy:

What can he do if he's ill though? I'm disappointed, it's my birthday next week and I was planning Troxy & Brixton (still am!) But what's he meant to do, come on and mime the new album?

At least I've got Yarmouth to cling to... or there's always Bruce Springsteen, right?

What can he do if he's ill though? I'm disappointed, it's my birthday next week and I was planning Troxy & Brixton (still am!) But what's he meant to do, come on and mime the new album?

At least I've got Yarmouth to cling to... or there's always Bruce Springsteen, right?

It's not normal to be ill that often.It really isn't.It's years since I've even had a cold.

He needs to start taking care of his old self.:lbf:

:lbf::lbf::lbf:

It's not normal to be ill that often.It really isn't.It's years since I've even had a cold.

Hah hah, my brother's that old, too.

Maybe this time it's not a cold. Didn't someone write that Moz said something about nodules? If that's his complaint, he still needs rest. But it doesn't hurt for him to tend to himself better.

Are you a singer who has been touring for 25 years? His voice is not trained, he is 50 years old. Whether you have a cold or not has nothing really to do with what he puts his body through on a tour.

i agree. nothing anyone can do about him being sick, besides recommending a good GP :D

remember, you can only have Moz or Bruce :rolleyes:

Are you a singer who has been touring for 25 years? His voice is not trained, he is 50 years old. Whether you have a cold or not has nothing really to do with what he puts his body through on a tour.

Yes that's why he should pace himself and have say four days between each gig.Everyone's a winner then.

Do other artists cancel as much as Moz? It does seem to be getting a bit farcical. Salisbury is just up the road from me, just relieved I couldn't get tickets. I feel really sorry for fans that travel long distances to see him.

.......I STARTED SOMETHING..... FORCED YOU TO A ZONE [...] TYPICAL ME......

Sorry, someone had to say it...i guess it was my turn.

Yes that's why he should pace himself and have say four days between each gig.Everyone's a winner then.

In order to do that and make the tour work financially he has to play venues twice as large. 3 gigs a week, rather than 5, will do the job. Problem is Moz is a law unto himself, he has no advisors and managers willing to stand up to him (that he's willing to listen to) and thus continually makes poor decisions. For such an intelligent man it's remarkably thick of him. Maybe it's stubbornness. It's maddening for us. We have to get tix for multiple shows because we know we won't see half of them! I feel sorry for regular people who only want one ticket. 3 work colleagues of mine have Troxy tix and are going with me tomorrow, I fear it'll get called off and it's their only show.

In order to do that and make the tour work financially he has to play venues twice as large. 3 gigs a week, rather than 5, will do the job. Problem is Moz is a law unto himself, he has no advisors and managers willing to stand up to him (that he's willing to listen to) and thus continually makes poor decisions. For such an intelligent man it's remarkably thick of him. Maybe it's stubbornness. It's maddening for us. We have to get tix for multiple shows because we know we won't see half of them! I feel sorry for regular people who only want one ticket. 3 work colleagues of mine have Troxy tix and are going with me tomorrow, I fear it'll get called off and it's their only show.

You can't underestimate how awful it is for people who travel such a long way and to be let down.It's not just "one of those things".If it was occasional then yes but it's all the time.There should be some kind of sorry or at least something laid on for the fans.

Do you think it'll be rescheduled for October then?

This is the only date I managed to get tickets for and the first time I've even managed to get Moz tickets at all!!

Back
Top Bottom