San Antonio, TX - Majestic Theatre (Nov. 14, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Scandinavia / Maladjusted / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / People Are The Same Everywhere / Alma Matters / All The Lazy Dykes / I Know It's Over / Everyday Is Like Sunday / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Meat Is Murder / Irish Blood, English Heart // Still Ill

set list provided by Ros Misery in the forums and also an anonymous person

Last edited:
Regarding Section A Part 3, do you think security will allow us to bring a tape measure?

What time did he come on stage and how long did he sing for??

I am a huge MOrrissey fan and only have been for 2 years. Although the show was A Plus, he could have played at least another hour. HE has too many songs in his bag and to only have a 1 hour and 15 minute show I feel was not nice. I'm also a HUGE Rush fan and Rush gives you a full 2 plus hour show. Unfortunately MOrrissey didn't. I still love him and his music.

There are lots of pictures of Morrissey and even of the merchandise on allyouneedismorrissey.com. You can get a good idea from the pictures there and also the videos on youtube about the crowd and other details. I wasn't there but I've found that site to be quite helpful. Hope this answers some of your questions and if not at least I tried :)

I don't know about you, but I find these "tweets" of concert reviews to be just that; for the birds.

I read some of these post and I sense that some interesting things happened (i.e. Malajusted on the setlist, a stage invasion of sorts) but to me, it's not clear to me how this tour will be any different and/or the same than the European tour.

As a gesture of good will to those going to shows on this tour, I would like to offer a suggested outline of topics that may help in creating a good, concise and informative post on the show you have just attended and/or any subsequent shows in the future. You can use it to “jog you memory” a bit and I hope it will prove to be helpful in answering what inquiring minds really want to know.

Basic Outline of a Morrissey Concert Post Review

A. Details of the Venue
• General capacity; was it full, empty, sold-out? Standing/sitting? Where did you stand/sit?
• How did the music sound?
• How high was the stage?
• How was security? Were you searched for meat? Were they being asshats?
• What were they selling at the souvenir stand? Any giveaways? Signed albums?

B. Pre-Gig:
•What was the backdrop? What was on the drum?
• What songs were included in the pre-gig music?
• Did he show a film? Who or what was in the film?
• Who was the opening act? Were they good or did they blow?

C. Morrissey and the Band:
• Wardrobe; what was Morrissey wearing? What did the band wear?
• Were there changes to the setlist; Did the order change? Were there songs added?
Were there any new songs debuted?
• Did you receive a setlist? Please list what was written on the setlist or provide a picture
• How many shirt changes did Morrissey have? Did he take his shirt off on stage? Did he play with his nipples?
• Did the band f*** up? Please explain how
• Did Morrissey seem sad or distant or was he feeling his cherrios?
• Did Morrissey say anything funny, weird, or profound? Please explain.
• Did he change the lyrics to any of his songs? What were those changes?
• Did Morrissey receive any gifts?
• Did Morrissey speak to anybody?
• Were there any stage invaders?
• Did anyone get any guitar pics, thrown shirts or drumsticks?

D. General Gossip:
• Who was cool? Who were acting like dorks? Who got their ass kicked?
• Did you see Moz and the band leave?
• Do you have any pictures, video or audio to share?

Now, go crazy. Feel free to add anything I may have overlooked.

I am a huge MOrrissey fan and only have been for 2 years. Although the show was A Plus, he could have played at least another hour. HE has too many songs in his bag and to only have a 1 hour and 15 minute show I feel was not nice. I'm also a HUGE Rush fan and Rush gives you a full 2 plus hour show. Unfortunately MOrrissey didn't. I still love him and his music.

what's the coincedence being into Rush and now 2 years Morrissey, I wonder...

the music from Rush is 80' rock, like Van Halen, a band where Bon Jovi got influenced a lot

care to elaborate?

[didn't know Rush was still playing or a band that's still active]

Well rush can play two hours because their songs are long. Morrissey played many songs with barely any gaps. It definitely didn't feel like an hour 15 minutes. Good thing about the venue is it was packed, the ushers let you move as long as you weren't in the aisles for safety reasons. Also since it's a theatre and made to have sound project the crowed sounded very loud. moz did remove his shirt. Started with jeans and v neck. White button up shirt to end which got thrown to the audience.

Va-va-voom: Morrissey's pre-concert music video selections gave insight into the singer's cool/camp/glam musical tastes, including screening clips by the late '60s Dutch pop band Shocking Blue, a couple of Scopitone film jukebox classics, Vince Taylor's “Whole Lotta Twistin'” and a French number by Brigitte Bardot, a blurry Fabian concert and the New York Dolls.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...rissey-still-has-it-2269534.php#ixzz1dtRXsPRY

Ihope our webmaster can snaek in the upcoming shows, only to improve nobody can control every show inside venue, it's easy to change yeself a bitanyway 70% the same as Europe/uk/ireland, 10 % songs he used also but varied, 20% new songs he did not early this year, I hope the setlist changes, and throwes some early solo work in, our Frank, sing your life, and skip fatty pleaseenjoy the next shows

I'm sure Morrissey has forgiven David t and will allow him back in with open arms as he has with the lovey Kristeen Young and Gary Day .

hey guys ! AMAZING MOZZ show in San Antonio ! I know its a little late saying .. but i do have a few AWESOME videos posted to my YouTube account that i would like to share INCLUDING Still Ill ( and when SA FANS ATTACK!! ) These videos were take from DIRECTLY IN FRONT OF THE STAGE !! and audio is pretty clean too .. as opposed to other videos out there !! hope you enjoy .. please feel free to post comments and like the videos AND SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL !! SAN ANTONIO LOVES THE MOZZ MAN !! Thanks ! -DJ FeLL Gino here is the link to view all the videos.. http://www.youtube.com/djfell13 and here is a taste !

Last edited by a moderator:
He played 'your the one for me fatty' for all the fat latinas there. very nice very nice very nice

yes there were, that is why he busted out that tune....for the ladies. it will be interesting if he plays it once he gets out of texas

I'm starting to think I imagined my stage invasion during Alma Matters. I can't find video or pictures of it anywhere and it's all a blur on my mind! Someone help!

Youtube?
Is it on your phone?
Send it to me? Pretty pleaasseeee!

Ok so my computer is super slow.... video quality was in HD so I have to reduce the quality... and I am slowly adding videos on youtube <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W-kwMf9lEfE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ok so I wasnt able to embed the video look up "Morrissey FOTG" in youtube.

<iframe width="720" height="518" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W-kwMf9lEfE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom