San Diego, CA - Pechanga Arena (Oct. 6, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Irish Blood, English Heart / Suedehead / Hairdresser On Fire / Spent The Day In Bed / I Am Hated For Loving / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I Wish You Lonely / Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore / I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / Hold On To Your Friends / Speedway // What She Said

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Karina via FB.

Last edited:
I was there with my sister last night. We thought it was an amazing set list and had an awesome time. Morrissey was in great spirits and put on an excellent show. I was so happy to be there last night. We had a really great time. The highlights for me were That Joke Isn`t Funny Anymore and Seasick Yet Still Docked and What She Said though I loved every minute of the show. I have an awesome family that made it all possible.

Another great, genuine, review...thanks. So pleased you & everyone else enjoyed it.
Well done Moz!
Rockin' & Smokin'

The flashing lights and images desperately cover up that Morrissey has absolutely nothing that really matters in life. Absolutely nothing.
I can bet my past and present life Morrissey’s fans are his life. I won’t bet my next life. I’m saving it. The Chameleons on repeat is my lifesaver. Yeah!

The flashing lights and images desperately cover up that Morrissey has absolutely nothing that really matters in life. Absolutely nothing.

The evil, nasty, malicious posts fully expose the fact that Skinny's life is meaningless. Absolutely meaningless.

Morrissey and Interpol has turned out to be the tour of the year.

This is fact. Incredible success by Moz and Interpol. Rare to see such success but Moz pulled it out.

Meanwhile the dumb :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: mini gig tour was forgotten before it was over.:clapping:
Going broke in the process and putting the Dramatic one into a depresses state.:lbf:

Great set list, looks to have been a great show, HUGE CROWD, great success for Moz.
Well done San Diego, well done Moz! :thumb:
Bit concerned though about the nature of the 'I luvs you' bit...'whatever happens, good or bad'...was he saying 'goodbye', or 'goodbye' in a wider sense like, I'll not be coming back as this will be my last time?

I didn’t take it that way... just Morrissey being Morrissey. We know he has a finished album set for next year. So I don’t think we’ve seen the last of him. He is 60 now and I do wonder how that will change how he tours moving forward. Maybe the broadway shows are a template of what’s to come? Less locations and more dates in larger cities - almost a residency style tour. One thing about Morrissey, he never does the predictable.

Last edited:
I didn’t take it that way... just Morrissey being Morrissey. We know he has a finished album set for next year. So I don’t we’ve seen the last of him. He is 60 now and I do wonder how that will change how he tours moving forward. Maybe the broadway shows are a template of what’s to come? Less locations and more dates in larger cities - almost a residency style tour. One thing about Morrissey, he never does the predictable.

That would make sense to me if the numbers worked for everyone. He’s almost there now. He hits ny and dc la San Francisco maybe somewhere in Texas etc plus Canada for a few short residency style shows all he would need to do is cut out the scattered stops in between. Hell he’d save some money just cutting out some travel costs and of course he’d have some time off to rest up for the shows

"The flashing lights and images." ? Well then, you must have missed the Morrissey wardrobe selection for the encore ! Yes, Morrissey came out wearing a black and white large flannel looking checkered style hunting coat from L.L. Beane or the Bass Catologue of Maine. Or was it an Eddie Bauer there Morrissey? Being an oldster as well, it gets cold at night and warmth for the circulation needed.
Next up was that inspiration for living video closing out the show. A repeating video of some poor bloke blowing his brains out that ran for how many times Morrissey ? 66 ? Just long enough to keep all there ...there. ..then lights came on.
Lastly, there was a real-life ,"There is a light that never goes out moment", outside leaving the old Sports Arena. A SUV van type vehicle crashed and flipped upside down, smoking and Jeep Cherokee had rear ended the smoking SUV. Sirens blazing and cars leaving this scene as fast as able to avoid any explosion and fire. Hope all OK in that one......
Yes, ofcorse the show itself was a triple A+++ & Morrissey ...well dear boy, you sounded brand new...not 1 note off key ! Bummer ! Strong clear voice and continues successes old man. And Jessie, with that jingle jangle Johnny Marr style of playing on a few tunes ...excellent. Boz always excellent, Gustavo as well. And you Mr Walker ...step forwards ......Past excellent you were.
After that, the Hollywood Bowl show went from a maybe to, definitely going ! Thank you kindly ...you too Morrissey !

just getting home and thought I’d leave a little review of the show tonight. Interpol was okay although i am a fan and like their music it felt like one long song midway through the set. And Paul Banks is a pretty boring front man.
now Morrissey. The first time i saw Morrissey was in Oct 1999 when he played at Coachella. So twenty years later I’m still on the floor getting in between the drunks and screaming girls/guys and singing along tears in my eyes at times. I loved the set although i could do without Arms around Paris. But overall it was fantastic. Opening with Irish Blood was a surprise. Highlights for me were Why Don’t You Find Out, Hated for Loving, Seasick, Some Say I Got Devil, Hairdresser and What She Said. Morrissey sang beautifully, the band was solid. It really makes me happy to see Morrissey still performing after all these years despite all the criticism.
I’m 36 years old feeing like I’m 16 again seeing Morrissey for the first time. It was a great night. Now My Heart Is Full. Goodnight

Very nice review. But contemplating Paul Banks seems very far from boring to me :)

Great set list, looks to have been a great show, HUGE CROWD, great success for Moz.
Well done San Diego, well done Moz! :thumb:
Bit concerned though about the nature of the 'I luvs you' bit...'whatever happens, good or bad'...was he saying 'goodbye', or 'goodbye' in a wider sense like, I'll not be coming back as this will be my last time?

He seems to be in excellent shape, great voice, great band, and people love him.

I didn’t take it that way... just Morrissey being Morrissey. We know he has a finished album set for next year. So I don’t we’ve seen the last of him. He is 60 now and I do wonder how that will change how he tours moving forward. Maybe the broadway shows are a template of what’s to come? Less locations and more dates in larger cities - almost a residency style tour. One thing about Morrissey, he never does the predictable.

I think we'd all love him to go on forever, but sadly that's not going to be possible.

As you point out, he's 60 & future big tours will be tiring for him as he steps over the 60+ threshold, & I think some ppl forget this. He needs to stay in good health for all our sakes.

Hope you're right about smaller tours/residencies, that might be his plan.

We need to treasure everything he gives us. I know we all do anyway but maybe even more so these days.

Stay fit & healthy Moz.

grow up Skinny stop acting like a spoiled toddler.

No, you got a misfire there PP, this wasn't Skinny, m8...I was having an 'exuberant' moment...gotta allow me some fun if a gig was that successful.

Looks like it was a fantastic night. I wish he would leave the waistcoat in the bottom drawer though, where it belongs...

burstin' with strength

by f tw on yt

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom