San Francisco, CA - Bill Graham Civic Auditorium (Oct. 3, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Panic / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Suedehead / Satan Rejected My Soul / Home Is A Question Mark / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Wish You Lonely/ Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Back On The Chain Gang / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper // Everyday Is Like Sunday / How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
good to hear that folks had a great time last night singin along in harmony...

what's the diff?!

when my sister was little she had this boyfriend that used to write her these really bad poems that my mom and I would make fun of mercilessly. one of them went "I love you best in my best vest". how am I supposed to love Morrissey best in his best vest if you keep insisting that it's a waistcoat?!

LOL, sorry about trashing your 'poetry', but a vest (in the UK - where God Moz, & I, are from) is an item worn next to the skin, underneath a shirt. It's considered a bit of an old fashioned item of clothing, not worn by the majority these days.

A waistcoat on the other hand is not intended to be worn against the skin.
It generally forms part of a 3-piece suit of clothing (jacket, trousers, & waistcoat) traditionally worn as formal business wear, or even 'Sunday best' for those who attend church on a regular basis. It's worn over the shirt, but underneath the jacket. They come in/go out of fashion as dictated by the fashion industry.

"A waistcoat, like a vest, is also a garment that covers the upper body and is sleeveless.
It is similar in this as well as the look it gives when worn.
In fact, a waistcoat is referred to as a vest in American English.
However the two are not the same in their true sense."

Seems as if it's one of those things which have been Americanised, much like a water dispenser 'tap' in the UK, has became a 'faucet'...which I've never truly understood the origins of, but...whatever.

good to hear that folks had a great time last night singin along in harmony...

LMAO lanterns, that woman's voice!!!:lbf: Pleased she was enjoying herself so much at, what was obviously, a great show with a great vibe going on in the audience.

Seriously tho, great performance there by Moz of one of my favourite Smiths tracks - TJIFA - wow what a voice he has. Amazing guy.:thumb:

LOL, sorry about trashing your 'poetry', but a vest (in the UK - where God Moz, & I, are from) is an item worn next to the skin, underneath a shirt. It's considered a bit of an old fashioned item of clothing, not worn by the majority these days.

A waistcoat on the other hand is not intended to be worn against the skin.
It generally forms part of a 3-piece suit of clothing (jacket, trousers, & waistcoat) traditionally worn as formal business wear, or even 'Sunday best' for those who attend church on a regular basis. It's worn over the shirt, but underneath the jacket. They come in/go out of fashion as dictated by the fashion industry.

"A waistcoat, like a vest, is also a garment that covers the upper body and is sleeveless.
It is similar in this as well as the look it gives when worn.
In fact, a waistcoat is referred to as a vest in American English.
However the two are not the same in their true sense."

Seems as if it's one of those things which have been Americanised, much like a water dispenser 'tap' in the UK, has became a 'faucet'...which I've never truly understood the origins of, but...whatever.
ah, interesting! I have always known a vest to be a sleeveless garment worn over a shirt (although you can wear it sans shirt, too, if you're into that, but you would never wear it under a shirt). I always thought a waistcoat was just a formal vest (because vests can also be very informal), but still falling under the category of 'vest'.

as for the tap/faucet thing, we refer to it as either, although tap is probably more common. faucet is for when you're feeling fancy.

I love his voice more and more the older he gets! and look at that cute little vest he's wearing!!! awwwwwwwwwwww my baby bear :love:
I agree about the voice... I've been saying that for years... Brilliant isn't he???? ... Gets better with time .. What a hero!!!!!!!! Glad you enjoyed it

what would you call something like this then, if not a vest? surely not a waistcoat?
View attachment 52874

That would be classed as a waistcoat, big clue insofar as it has an open/split front. You put the waistcoat on in much the same way you would a jacket (left arm, right arm, fasten up). Waistcoats fronts are open/split, & generally have buttons (3) on the front, but appears not to be the case in your pic.

A vest has no such opening, it's a one piece thing, no arms, no opening, no buttons, & is pulled over the head in order to wear it, in much the same way you'd pull on a t-shirt.

In that pic, the waistcoat is being worn against the skin, which is not how they would normally be worn (that would be considered 'tramp-ish), but that looks like a foreign chap, slacker, or a travelling type of vagrant/musician who maybe doesn't possess a shirt, or has decided it's 'cool' to wear the waistcoat in that manner...I didn't know Skiddy had a guitar, btw!

You know athletes? What they wear on their upper body, we would call a vest, so a 'vest' is that type of thing.

Here endeth the lesson.

Dude wears rosaries as a fashion statement, can't be for any other reason when he is live across U.S. t.v. hating on Muslims. That's not cool.

Show was amazing! Can't believe he opened with panic. He was in very good spirits. Even ripped off his shirt a tossed it into the crowd. Sure he gained some weight, but ended it shirt less and looked great . His voice was definitely on point.

Putting on weight happens to us all, even our Moz...after all he's now 60, human & needs to be loved, just like everybody else does. Great performance, Moz.
Major success last night & a great set list!! :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Great encore, but one thing I've noticed watching these tour clips over a period of time, Boz never gets the guitar bit totally 'right'...I've just compared a Smiths live version with this, and Boz is always slightly 'off'...I mean the signature high pitched guitar bit before Moz starts singing 'I am the son, & the heir'...or is it just my ears?

This just gave me shivers & hairs stood up on my arms & legs;

Timeless classic (HSIN - The Smiths (2011) remaster [6:48]):

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom