San Francisco, CA - Masonic Auditorium (Nov. 4, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by CaffeineBloodstream

Last edited:
Don’t get me wrong. I like Noel Gallagher the bloke.

I just think he should wear a Highwayman’s mask when he goes out in public, the thieving Manc git.

7629097D-A5E7-4AB2-B70C-5AC6BB1E55B8.jpeg

If you took video of San Fran and Portland please post them on you tube not much out there right now ...glamglue, jacky,I'd love,etc definitely new tracks

Paso Robles just got cancelled ;(
So glad the date I bought tickets to, isn't back to back with the previous date :D

just watched the first periscope clip(21mins) very good start to the show,Ms voice very good.looks like everyone had a good time,glamourus glue very good.
I was just thinking the set list could've used some glue.

San Francisco was my first Moz gig. I was lucky enough to be in the area for work and to get tickets to both that and this evening's gig at Paso Robles - but he's just pulled that one due to 'faulty heating on stage' (it was a bit brisk out there to be fair). Amazing - now I feel like I've had the full Morrissey experience!

Being my first time I can't really compare but he seemed to be on top form. Watching recent telly appearances beforehand had made me anxious that he'd be a bit reserved but it was a great performance full of character and little wittisisms between songs with Moz dancing about the place.

Absolutely great selection of songs including quite a few Smiths numbers which the crowd went mad for (it was fantastic to hear them - real emotional bucket list moment for me - but I felt a bit bad that they were stealing the limelight and made sure I gave an extra whoop for the new stuff).

I was at the right of the stage and the people around were quite lively - I actually thought the crowd was quite excitable. At one point, there was even a stage invasion during which Moz helped a very glittery woman up on stage and then proceeded to sing for help from Jesse. XD

I've got a few snippets of video that I'll upload. Sorry there's not more but I don't really do video taking at gigs (as I'd much rather be watching).

In standard format, there were a few tweaks to the Portland and Seattle set:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

With random notes and some banter paraphrased:

On 9:05pm

"It's Saturday Night Live!"

01. You'll Be Gone

"Enchanté!" (or some other exclamation that sounds like that)

02. I Started Something I Couldn't Finish
03. Glamorous Glue (nice surprise!)
04. I Wish You Lonely

"In the interest of human science, we are about to release a new album, CD, cassette and... (title of next song)"

05. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage
06. Kiss Me A Lot
07. When You Open Your Legs

"When you open your legs..."

08. How Soon Is Now? (drum and gong outro)
09. Spent The Day In Bed

"If you find yourself on holiday, vacation -- call it what you like -- in Spain and you meet a lovely couple -- couple of what -- ... and you sit down ... this would be a great icebreaker.

10. The Bullfighter Dies
11. Jack The Ripper (with tons of smoke)

"The backdrop you about to see ... is Dublin in 1946. I dedicate this song to my grandfather."

12. Home Is A Question Mark (Watch Moz's facial expressions during this song. Of all the new songs, he seemed to dig the deepest for this one and be the most emotionally connected with it.)

(band introductions, where he pretends to forget Boz's name and needed to be reminded by a piece of paper from his pocket, "and I... I am dirt!")

13. My Love, I'd Do Anything For You
14. I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris

"I would like to make a special dedication to a very good friend of mine. She lives in Akron, Ohio, and she's extremely overweight. (audible gasps from crowd) She doesn't ever really leave the house. Her name is Chrissie, and here is her high school picture (on the backdrop) from 1922."

15. Back On The Chain Gang

"I can always plead insanity. It never fails."

16. All The Young People Must Fall In Love
17. Speedway (Gustavo vocal and band swap outro)

"So my point being that I think this planet is in a really bad neighborhood."

18. World Peace Is None Of Your Business
19. Meat Is Murder
20. Everyday Is Like Sunday (There was successful stage invasion by woman in dress and heels. I ran into after the show at a bar and she said it was a huge highlight after following Moz for 32 years back to the Smiths era.)

(encore break)

"I'll miss you."

21. Suedehead
22. Shoplifters Of The World Unite (sung as "Trumpshifters", with shirt toss)

Off 10:45pm

Other notes and thoughts:
  • His voice sounded great.
  • Band shirts read "Return of the Black Panthers".
  • Definitely you could sense the crowd more engaged during HSIN? and EILS, but otherwise it was pretty static, even by SF standards. Here's hoping LA gets more into it as expected.
  • There were several other stage invasion attempts though, and most at least got handshakes from the trench.
  • Personally I'm still not the biggest fan of his band's current instrumentation. I think it works for some songs like turning the jangly "This Charming Man" into something more muscular. I can appreciate Gustavo getting some spotlight, but it cuts into the power of "Speedway" with Boz's lighter drumming too. However, for Smiths or early solo material, I just find the songs become a slower, plodding version. I suppose it's personal taste.
  • We've all come to expect "uncle during the holidays" comments from Moz. Even if he was being ironic with the Chrissie Hynde comment, well, I wouldn't mind seeing the shock value directed at someone else.
I'm interested if anyone there felt differently.
Thanks so much for this.

San Francisco was my first Moz gig. I was lucky enough to be in the area for work and to get tickets to both that and this evening's gig at Paso Robles - but he's just pulled that one due to 'faulty heating on stage' (it was a bit brisk out there to be fair). Amazing - now I feel like I've had the full Morrissey experience!.

That is the Morrissey experience in a nutshell. You just got it much faster than most!

#spentthedayinbedandspentthemoneyonspaceheaters

Far too many songs from the last two albums for me and, visibly, most of the crowd, some of whom (twenty or so) gave halfhearted fist pumps during Bullfighter and so on which only added to the sense of dread. For a so-called "crowd pleaser" the man could manage to play more than a handful of favorites. Opening with with an Elvis cover? Please.

I'm just glad he bothered to show up. My first Moz show was '92 Sacramento, and this was likely my last. My wife ugly-cried during Meat Is Murder. Bravo, Moz. I'll always stay true to you in my own sick way.

I've read the review from The Mercury News. Thanks for sharing the link.

Well, ELVIS PRESLEY (yes, that one) might very well be totally overjoyed Morrissey sings an exceptionally great cover version of one of his songs. Not for the first time. Or the last. And this may have been a totally FANTASTIC show AGAIN.......

However, this does NOT mean Morrissey has the approval of "Benny-The-Butcher".... and others here on Morrissey-SoLow.Com >> Still, you can't please EVERYONE......hee hee.

Viva Morrissey and the band,

Hazard
x

Is the backdrop picture for Glamorous Glue a picture of a young Dean Martin ? He was the coolest of the Rat Pack !
As for the comment that the crowd perked up with the playing of "How Soon is Now " well that was the most popular song of The Smiths here in the USA . With MTV just getting started that song was one of the few of The Smiths recordings that had a video to it , causing this great song to get heavy air play . I loved the somewhat strange video of smoke stacks puffing filth, cute girl and of course Moz and Marr dancing together on stage .

Glamorous Glue - amazing. ^

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom