San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; rescheduled for May 1

UPDATE 3:05PM PT:

An anonymous person posted the rescheduled date (May 1) from The Regency Ballroom / Twitter:

@RegencyBallroom
tonight's show with Morrissey has been RESCHEDULED for May 1st. hold on to your tickets as they will be honored for the new date.

UPDATE 5:00 PM PT:

Posted on the Official Morrissey Facebook page:

Due to Morrissey's medical condition, tonight's engagement at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco will need to be rescheduled and will now take place on May 1. All tickets previously purchased for the Regency Ballroom show will be honored on the new date.

Press release
- true-to-you.net

San Francisco Regency Ballroom (tonight, Saturday) will not take place due to Morrissey's ongoing medical condition. The show in Mexico City (next week) remains scheduled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; resched

People who travel to see him must be beneficiaries of the one-percenters and have no responsibilities. Must be nice. But then, all you are doing is seeing Moz again.
This is completely untrue. I have seen him six times this year, and I am far from the 1%. In fact, most of the people who travel to see him are typically working class; they are people that find a way to juggle work and scrimp and save to pay for tickets and travel. They do this because it brings great joy to see Morrissey in person; in fact, it helps to make the mundane everyday, la la la la la... more tolerable. As a rule, I only travel to places that seem interesting to visit, just in case he cancels; then, I still have an enjoyable experience. Traveling to see him has allowed me to explore towns and cities that I probably never would have considered, and it has given me a chance to meet others who share my love for this great artist. Again, we choose to do this; I do not understand why our devotion makes some people so angry.

Re: Article: San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; resched

Your paranoia is worthy of a Tea Party operative.

For those who shell out the big bucks to travel to see Moz, this sucks.

I'm awaiting the third Flint date. If it's cancelled of course I'll be disappointed but that pales in comparison to ANYONE'S health. I saw Morrissey in Pittsburgh and Columbus right before all this went down and he put on a great show. I think he's much more of a trooper than anyone gives him credit for. A bleeding ulcer doesn't leave you anemic in just one day.

I too patiently await the third Flint date. Funny thing is, I will continue to purchase a ticket...hold my breath...curse at the cancellation....get a refund.....await the reschedule....buy ticket again....repeat if necessary......Moz/Smiths one of my favs of all time and I will continue to support his music/concerts because I've yet to find a performer that can replicate the feeling I get each and every time I hear his music. Hang in there everyone...

The problem strictly is that this is his, I believe 6th or 7th time IN A ROW that he has cancelled in SF/OAK. I don't think most of the people on this forum realize that.
Let me repeat his 6th or 7th time. I think the last time he played here was 2007 maybe?
In all honesty, its like the boy who cried wolf, and many Morrissey/Smiths fans I know in SF just don't even want to bother with buying tickets. The good news is scalpers don't buy Morrissey tickets anymore, because most people that buy these scalped tickets on CL or whatever, will loose money if he doesn't show (scalpers don't refund). Also, people that travel from other states/cities suffer as well. We fans are a committed lot and WILL travel to see this guy, because his shows are awesome.

I am not sure what type of contract he is tied into, but he should really step away and heal completely.

I have seen him many times over in different cities...close to the bay area. Is it some SF curse, or is it maybe some scorned lover that he is trying to shield himself from? It is starting to get into conspiracy territory now! ;)

-S

Your all a bunch of fickle twats pretending to like him at your convenience
You forget he doesn't pander to your schedule and set lists
If he's ill he's ill
And?
You'll probably berate me for posting this but why the hell post comments in a so called fan site if your not a fan
He's cancelled gigs I've paid for but bare a grudge ?
No
As I class myself as someone who likes him
And that uncle skinny fellow just lowers the tone and acts like a bully to those who don't agree to his thought process then slates them like a school bully. I used to (past tense) quite like it here but you all highlight why moz wants this shut down

Let him shut it down... maybe if he ate some meat he wouldn't be so sick and weak and look like a pale ghost of a human being all the time?! Maybe a little blood sugar would help with his asshole judgements of everyone but himself? Just a though.

Hey! I'm more of a cure fan anyways!
Don't be c***y with us!
Fair enough,you're a cure fan,condolences... But he's completely on the ball.

Let him shut it down... maybe if he ate some meat he wouldn't be so sick and weak and look like a pale ghost of a human being all the time?! Maybe a little blood sugar would help with his asshole judgements of everyone but himself? Just a though.
He's always looked fairly healthy imo,looks great for 53... BTW WTF has blood sugar got to do with pneumonia? You complete backwards red-neck... Its post like this that have put me right off here.Maybe you'll get 5 stars from the management here though...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom