San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; rescheduled for May 1

UPDATE 3:05PM PT:

An anonymous person posted the rescheduled date (May 1) from The Regency Ballroom / Twitter:

@RegencyBallroom
tonight's show with Morrissey has been RESCHEDULED for May 1st. hold on to your tickets as they will be honored for the new date.

UPDATE 5:00 PM PT:

Posted on the Official Morrissey Facebook page:

Due to Morrissey's medical condition, tonight's engagement at the Regency Ballroom in San Francisco will need to be rescheduled and will now take place on May 1. All tickets previously purchased for the Regency Ballroom show will be honored on the new date.

Press release
- true-to-you.net

San Francisco Regency Ballroom (tonight, Saturday) will not take place due to Morrissey's ongoing medical condition. The show in Mexico City (next week) remains scheduled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; resched

The loan sharks are out for blood......

Re: Article: San Francisco (tonight - Mar. 9) is cancelled - true-to-you.net; resched

Time to retire from performing, or maybe play one show a week. This joke isn't funny anymore.

CANCEL IS MY MIDDLE NAME !

This illness has really worked out well for Morrissey, and heres why.

He can now cancel a gig at the drop of a hat for any old reason (poor sales, flesh smell,colour of his nail-varnish, weather) and not have to think of a tall-tale like he
has done in the past i.e. Mums not well, Bass player spinal injury which mended VERY quickly, Morrissey has had to cancel due to band illness he wishes THEM a speedy recovery !!!

Brilliant is'nt it ? No more crap excuses just cancel and he still gets sympathy from "the blind ones"

"Oh am I still ill ?" Now this is a burning question is'nt it who would have thought this old song would become so relevant ! Lets hope he's using his down time well to
pen some decent lyrics instead of things like "Its a shame its a shame all my songs now sound the same, yeh yeh yehhhh"

On a lighter note I'd like to mention that Kate Middleton has shaken her illness with ease and is now back on royal duties. The Queen has had a really bad case of the shits but is now raring to go ! "The show must go on" is their motto it seems, what a pitty Morrissey can't take a leaf out of their book.

So the scores on the doors are !!!!!!!! Royals 3 Morrissey 0 points.

we'll let you know

I was at the show in Portland. First, I've been to other concerts and feel Morrissey gave it his all and was great vocally. Second, I noticed that he at times would turn around and grab a Kleenex or handkerchief from his bsck pocket and would blow his nose or do something that indicated he was sick. So. .. for me, I wasn't surprised at the cancellation. Fellow fans. .. try to go to his concert. I came from Vancouver, Canada to see him in Portland and I was not truly disappointed! Look up a YouTube clip of him doing a slow version of Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want to show what I mean. Lastly, after hearing the first 2 songs, my first thought was why didn't I see him in Seattle two nights before!

Morrissey is fantastic in concert. I wonder if half of the ones who post here have ever seen him perform or know much about his music.

He added the gig @ Hollywood High on the date that he was originally scheduled to play in Sparks Nevada.
Screw you Sparks, I'm playing @ Hollywood High! If I held tickets to the Sparks gig, I'd be pissed.

He added the gig @ Hollywood High on the date that he was originally scheduled to play in Sparks Nevada.
Screw you Sparks, I'm playing @ Hollywood High! If I held tickets to the Sparks gig, I'd be pissed.

i wish you had, just to annoy you

you know if Moz keeps cancelling and rescheduling in the US, then the rest of his worldwide fans are really gonna hate america for keeping him from touring elsewhere. Morrissey 2013 tour....only in the USA

Your all a bunch of fickle twats pretending to like him at your convenience
You forget he doesn't pander to your schedule and set lists
If he's ill he's ill
And?
You'll probably berate me for posting this but why the hell post comments in a so called fan site if your not a fan
He's cancelled gigs I've paid for but bare a grudge ?
No
As I class myself as someone who likes him
And that uncle skinny fellow just lowers the tone and acts like a bully to those who don't agree to his thought process then slates them like a school bully. I used to (past tense) quite like it here but you all highlight why moz wants this shut down

cant argue with that.
oh hang on.........

I was at the show in Portland. First, I've been to other concerts and feel Morrissey gave it his all and was great vocally. Second, I noticed that he at times would turn around and grab a Kleenex or handkerchief from his bsck pocket and would blow his nose or do something that indicated he was sick. So. .. for me, I wasn't surprised at the cancellation. Fellow fans. .. try to go to his concert. I came from Vancouver, Canada to see him in Portland and I was not truly disappointed! Look up a YouTube clip of him doing a slow version of Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want to show what I mean. Lastly, after hearing the first 2 songs, my first thought was why didn't I see him in Seattle two nights before!

I'm worried about Morrissey. Do you mean that you think this cancellation is largely due to more of a cold like sickness rather than the ongoing illness that he's been going through? I just hope it isn't complications from the ulcer (bleeding again) or trouble coming from the condition of his esophagus. :(

Last edited:

CANCEL IS MY MIDDLE NAME !

This illness has really worked out well for Morrissey, and heres why.

He can now cancel a gig at the drop of a hat for any old reason (poor sales, flesh smell,colour of his nail-varnish, weather) and not have to think of a tall-tale like he
has done in the past i.e. Mums not well, Bass player spinal injury which mended VERY quickly, Morrissey has had to cancel due to band illness he wishes THEM a speedy recovery !!!

Brilliant is'nt it ? No more crap excuses just cancel and he still gets sympathy from "the blind ones"

"Oh am I still ill ?" Now this is a burning question is'nt it who would have thought this old song would become so relevant ! Lets hope he's using his down time well to
pen some decent lyrics instead of things like "Its a shame its a shame all my songs now sound the same, yeh yeh yehhhh"

On a lighter note I'd like to mention that Kate Middleton has shaken her illness with ease and is now back on royal duties. The Queen has had a really bad case of the shits but is now raring to go ! "The show must go on" is their motto it seems, what a pitty Morrissey can't take a leaf out of their book.

So the scores on the doors are !!!!!!!! Royals 3 Morrissey 0 points.

we'll let you know
Your paranoia is worthy of a Tea Party operative.

For those who shell out the big bucks to travel to see Moz, this sucks.

I'm awaiting the third Flint date. If it's cancelled of course I'll be disappointed but that pales in comparison to ANYONE'S health. I saw Morrissey in Pittsburgh and Columbus right before all this went down and he put on a great show. I think he's much more of a trooper than anyone gives him credit for. A bleeding ulcer doesn't leave you anemic in just one day.

Why would he do that when he cannot even pen any worthwhile music? And by the way, take your silly garbage of Morrissey blogs and go to your whacked leader, TRB. And, take those stupid ass blue roses with you.

I wish I knew what you were rabbiting on about. The blog comment was not meant to be taken serious.The Nashville show on the 29th (HOPEFULLY) will be first EVER Morrissey concert. I've waited 28 years to see him. If it's a go, I'll be so freakin' chuffed no one will be able to speak to me for a week. If he cancels, I will TRY, TRYto be humble about it. Cheers. ;)

Thank you, Bengali. Like I said in a previous post, in several of the videos uploaded on You Tube, you can clearly see him turn away from the audience and at times crouch down. Can't be any kind of fun if your whole solar plexus is on fire. Someone posted that the Queen had a case of the Travelling Trots and she's back up and running. They make Immodium for that! I'd NEVER get to work if not for Immodium. But ravaged, burning stomach...I've had that too and "two peas in a bucket" you don't want to go anywhere. Maybe our man has some gall bladder issues as well...that will make for some erratic illness. And it comes on without warning and puts you on your backside for a while. GET WELL SOON, MOZ!

Morrissey is fantastic in concert. I wonder if half of the ones who post here have ever seen him perform or know much about his music.

I meet Morrissey Wednesday afternoon in Seattle, they were delayed arriving due to road conditions in Oregon. Morrissey was in a great mood and commented how much he likes the city of Seattle. He appeared to be in good health although his recent health concerns were not discussed, It was a very rainy and damp day in Seattle so there is a good possiblity he caught the flu bug.

I saw him at Staples. HHigh, and Davis. However, after the Davis show, in fact early Tuesday in the AM (3) I woke up with my throat so sore and a bad cough. Bottom line, I picked up a nasty bug (bacterial throat infection) from someone over the 3 day tour weekend. I rarely get ill, so I was surprised, had to get on a Z-Pac med, it knocked it out pretty well, but boy did that little bug kick my arse from about 3 days. This not a "bug" the flu shot would have prevented.

My point, look at how many people Moz is exposed to at a show, shaking hands, heavy breathing, stage invaders. I remember awhile back where he mentioned that the doc's asked him to not interact with the crowd so much for risk of catching so many nasty bugs (viruses). Now put on top of the interaction, the man recovering from all his health related situations over the last 2mths and the fact that he probably has a low immune system right now (aneminc?) and it;s no wonder SF got canceled, it really could have been anywhere, but it just happend to be SF.

I feel sorry for the SF fans, 3 times really hurts. One thing I rarely, maybe have never seen, is an exact date for the reschedule announced the day of the cancelation, so that is encouraging. I've spent many a dollar travelling to see the man and have had mulitple shows canceled on me and dollars lost, or spent rather, without the show going on.

I'm not an apologist, I've often wondered why he does some of the things he does and questioned some of his decisions, but as he states in Alma Matter "who asked you anyway, it's my life to ruin my own way."

This time, he's sick, I got sick from one of the shows, I'm sure many others here did as well but are just not saying anything.

Honestly, he looked in fit fighting shape at all 3 shows, voice is stronger than ever, he's doing "very well." I just think he needs to shake this bug, there's a good break before Mex and then a good break after Mex and get on with it for the rest of the US leg. Hopefully he take a little break after SF in late March/early April and schedule some more shows in SO Cal before heading off to Europe.

Get well Moz, lot's of lemon tea and rest, we love ya~

Did anyone remember that he is NOTORIOUS for cancelling gigs. God you're all a bunch of impatient Whiny f***s. This is what makes morrissey fans look bad. Be happy that he's still playing shows and tours so often... Sure Dave played with cancer but he also tours what? Once every 3 years?

I saw him at Staples. HHigh, and Davis. However, after the Davis show, in fact early Tuesday in the AM (3) I woke up with my throat so sore and a bad cough. Bottom line, I picked up a nasty bug (bacterial throat infection) from someone over the 3 day tour weekend. I rarely get ill, so I was surprised, had to get on a Z-Pac med, it knocked it out pretty well, but boy did that little bug kick my arse from about 3 days. This not a "bug" the flu shot would have prevented.

My point, look at how many people Moz is exposed to at a show, shaking hands, heavy breathing, stage invaders. I remember awhile back where he mentioned that the doc's asked him to not interact with the crowd so much for risk of catching so many nasty bugs (viruses). Now put on top of the interaction, the man recovering from all his health related situations over the last 2mths and the fact that he probably has a low immune system right now (aneminc?) and it;s no wonder SF got canceled, it really could have been anywhere, but it just happend to be SF.

I feel sorry for the SF fans, 3 times really hurts. One thing I rarely, maybe have never seen, is an exact date for the reschedule announced the day of the cancelation, so that is encouraging. I've spent many a dollar travelling to see the man and have had mulitple shows canceled on me and dollars lost, or spent rather, without the show going on.

I'm not an apologist, I've often wondered why he does some of the things he does and questioned some of his decisions, but as he states in Alma Matter "who asked you anyway, it's my life to ruin my own way."

This time, he's sick, I got sick from one of the shows, I'm sure many others here did as well but are just not saying anything.

Honestly, he looked in fit fighting shape at all 3 shows, voice is stronger than ever, he's doing "very well." I just think he needs to shake this bug, there's a good break before Mex and then a good break after Mex and get on with it for the rest of the US leg. Hopefully he take a little break after SF in late March/early April and schedule some more shows in SO Cal before heading off to Europe.

Get well Moz, lot's of lemon tea and rest, we love ya~

Thanks, Beewee - that was uplifting :)

Oddly, I agree with all sides to this. Yes, if he is sick get well soon. But, let's be Frank...he's not THAT sick. Going to other shows, being out at night? We have all gotten a cold and this would not be possible.

PLUS, let's be fair...it's two hours of work. Most of us have worked long, hard days sick. After three previous cancels in the Bay Area most musicians would suck it up and play...as we would all go to work if needed.

Past not caring much about fans, which we know to be true, it's just bad business to keep canceling, etc. Just stop playing live. Or do one show a year in LA and those who really care will travel. Make it easier on us and yourself...and for god sake your poor band.

Oddly, I agree with all sides to this. Yes, if he is sick get well soon. But, let's be Frank...he's not THAT sick. Going to other shows, being out at night? We have all gotten a cold and this would not be possible.

PLUS, let's be fair...it's two hours of work. Most of us have worked long, hard days sick. After three previous cancels in the Bay Area most musicians would suck it up and play...as we would all go to work if needed.

Past not caring much about fans, which we know to be true, it's just bad business to keep canceling, etc. Just stop playing live. Or do one show a year in LA and those who really care will travel. Make it easier on us and yourself...and for god sake your poor band.

I agree the band is piss poor

pony-the-tony

It sounds easy, three hours of work, not even a part time shift. But I don't think it's that simple. I imagine he goes into a type of state to go on stage, it's like a huge mental exercise, not just singing karaoke for an hour and a half.

I realize this sounds completely lame but I used to host these American Girl Tea Party events once a month when I worked at Barnes & Noble. There'd be 60 girls staring doe-eyed at me wanting me to read them a story and walk them through a craft while they were dressed as their dolls...60 girls x 2 parents each and their siblings standing behind them, it was a huge crowd for a storytime. It was EXHAUSTING preparing to be on stage for them once a month, I can't imagine doing it every other night. And if I was feeling blue or down, even more difficult. Cut him some slack, he's also pooping blood most likely.

It sounds easy, three hours of work, not even a part time shift. But I don't think it's that simple. I imagine he goes into a type of state to go on stage, it's like a huge mental exercise, not just singing karaoke for an hour and a half.

I realize this sounds completely lame but I used to host these American Girl Tea Party events once a month when I worked at Barnes & Noble. There'd be 60 girls staring doe-eyed at me wanting me to read them a story and walk them through a craft while they were dressed as their dolls...60 girls x 2 parents each and their siblings standing behind them, it was a huge crowd for a storytime. It was EXHAUSTING preparing to be on stage for them once a month, I can't imagine doing it every other night. And if I was feeling blue or down, even more difficult. Cut him some slack, he's also pooping blood most likely.

It does take a lot of mental and physical energy. I see where you're coming from. I'm getting ready to perform tonight (I know Morrissey hates the word) for three to four hours straight. I did it last night and I was completely exhausted by the end. It's not just a matter of hopping up there, singing some songs, and then off to take a shower and then bed. It's very intense.

I hope he's feeling better soon.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom