Santiago - Movistar Arena (Dec. 15, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Is It Really So Strange? / Back On The Chain Gang / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Break Up The Family / Spent The Day In Bed / How Soon Is Now? / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Let Me Kiss You // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by James Dean, order corrections from setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Awwwww!
Bless his wool and cashmere socks :brows:
All these save the animal t-shirts :laughing: he must be itching to perform the gimmick song :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

It’s great to see Morrissey playing to such large audiences (how many people were at this gig?) of people who clearly love him & his music & aren’t side-tracked by his politics or statements.

Also, his voice just seems to get better with age; quite the opposite of most singers.

These recent set-lists are a vast improvement compared to his insistence on bludgeoning us into submission with World Peace & Low in High School tracks in recent years. I understand his desire to play his newer material but he seems to have remembered that he has one of the richest back-catalogues in modern music & it’s wonderful to hear him dusting off gems from his past; even better that they’re mostly deep cuts & not obvious ‘hits’.

I hope he will play similar set-lists the next time he plays in the u.k, & preferably in theatres rather than arenas.

Without an audience? How so? Please don't tell me you had him there in your living room and let him slip through your fingers.
Oh Pep. I was tempted not to respond and leave you guessing! No. I think it was on a music show along the lines of The Whistle Test.

I love Morrissey. He is one of the few who have true balls in this miserable world. I'll never forgive the Pope for not protecting our fellow catholic southamerican brothers and sisters from Venezuela. f***, f***, f*** world's politics. Millions of people are suffering without any reasonable cause. They are literally standing in a fortune of oil and even so they are starving. Who the hell thinks about people? What can be more important than people's welfare to a person with good feelings?
I'm so very sickened of this shit.

Last edited:
It was a GREAT show, with a devoted crowd who sang all the songs. Perfect in my mind. The " ̶M̶o̶v̶i̶s̶t̶a̶r̶ Morrissey Arena" was on fire. Morrissey took and played with my flag during "Everyday Is Like Sunday". He also signed a lot of vinyls and books during the concert and received, cordially with hugs, two women on the stage.

(Sorry. My english is not very good looking)

I don´t remember if this is the correct order (*) but these are the songs:

1 - William, It Was Really Nothing
2- Alma Matters
3 - I Whish You Lonely
4 - Hairdresser On Fire
5 - I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
6 - Is It Really So Strange
7 - Jack The Ripper
8 - Dial-A-Cliché
9 - Back On The Chain Gang *
10 - If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
11 - Munich Air Disaster 1958
12 - Break Up the Family
13 - Spent The Day In Bed
14 - How Soon Is Now?
15 - The Bullfighter Dies
16 - Hold On To Your Friends*
17 - Life Is a Pigsty
18 - Who Will Protect Us From the Police?
19 - Let Me Kiss You
20 - Everyday Is Like Sunday
21 - First of the Gang to Die

Regards.

by antonio zuniga on yt
:yum::flamethrow:

by rene arriagada on yt

with a wagging finger... and a handsome shirt!

by cristiano souza on yt
i love you, i love you, i love you - exit

Dear Moz,

You seem to support the "gilets jaunes" yellow vests in English. Great.Formidable!!!
Can you give a bit of your time and support the cause by doing a show on a roundabout in the middle of nowhere in France? (Flowery shirts wouldn't be on list , December here is wet and cold)
The nearest roundabout for me would be in Nogent le Rotrou/Margon (28400) France.( I promise to ban meat for the occasion, you know these Gauls..)
If so , I'll clearly stop to criticize your last CD , its cover , your group(I swear to cheer at their names) and other subjects of disagreement.

Regards.
Yellow Fox

It’s great to see Morrissey playing to such large audiences (how many people were at this gig?) of people who clearly love him & his music & aren’t side-tracked by his politics or statements.

Also, his voice just seems to get better with age; quite the opposite of most singers.

These recent set-lists are a vast improvement compared to his insistence on bludgeoning us into submission with World Peace & Low in High School tracks in recent years. I understand his desire to play his newer material but he seems to have remembered that he has one of the richest back-catalogues in modern music & it’s wonderful to hear him dusting off gems from his past; even better that they’re mostly deep cuts & not obvious ‘hits’.

I hope he will play similar set-lists the next time he plays in the u.k, & preferably in theatres rather than arenas.

yes agree totally . the set lists were becoming ludicrous with as you say an over abundance of songs from last two albums and whatever older songs he played were generally the same year after year with two or three exceptions . How long was Ganglord, Paris , MIM in the set for ? it was crazy . These sets are a massive breath of fresh air , just a shame he didn't pepper the last UK tour with a few of these.

Agree on the theatre shout as well , Morrissey is way better suited as a live experience in town halls and theatres rather than arenas. Will be interesting to see if he actually tours to support the covers album , my instinct says probably not as he probably exhausted ticket sales for at least a year or so unless of course he goes down the theatre route but definitely no scope for another arena tour in the UK for at least a couple of years i think .

Anyway for all the scandals and silliness that has surrounded Low In High School I for one am still immensely grateful he is still around and playing shows and putting out new music because to this day for me nobody still comes close to him .

He looks pretty good for a 60 year old man from this woman's point of view. He always had nice legs.

Mando ditches the glasses?

He looks pretty good for a 60 year old man from this woman's point of view. He always had nice legs.

hey...he's not 60 yet !!
Sorry. I'm turning 50 next month, but not there just yet.
I'm 49, and sexy Mozzer is still 59

yes agree totally . the set lists were becoming ludicrous with as you say an over abundance of songs from last two albums and whatever older songs he played were generally the same year after year with two or three exceptions . How long was Ganglord, Paris , MIM in the set for ? it was crazy . These sets are a massive breath of fresh air , just a shame he didn't pepper the last UK tour with a few of these.

Agree on the theatre shout as well , Morrissey is way better suited as a live experience in town halls and theatres rather than arenas. Will be interesting to see if he actually tours to support the covers album , my instinct says probably not as he probably exhausted ticket sales for at least a year or so unless of course he goes down the theatre route but definitely no scope for another arena tour in the UK for at least a couple of years i think .

Anyway for all the scandals and silliness that has surrounded Low In High School I for one am still immensely grateful he is still around and playing shows and putting out new music because to this day for me nobody still comes close to him .

I agree about the set lists. 2016 should have not been WPINOYB heavy 2 years on. But this years’ UK tour had to be loaded with LIHS tracks as it had only just been released. But, across those 11 uk/Ireland gigs, there were 30 songs that got at least one airing. That said, the recent sets have been refreshing but it is time for another shuffle. The re-emergence of Paris is not a good thing, and Sunday (despite its greatness) has been solid since 2011. Also, Munich and If You Don’t Like me need to go, and sadly Ripper (again, despite it’s brilliance)
Throw in a good few that haven’t been done since the 90’s.

‘Anyway for all the scandals and silliness that has surrounded Low In High School I for one am still immensely grateful he is still around and playing shows and putting out new music because to this day for me nobody still comes close to him .’

TRUTH :thumb:

It was a GREAT show, with a devoted crowd who sang all the songs. Perfect in my mind. The " ̶M̶o̶v̶i̶s̶t̶a̶r̶ Morrissey Arena" was on fire. Morrissey took and played with my flag during "Everyday Is Like Sunday". He also signed a lot of vinyls and books during the concert and received, cordially with hugs, two women on the stage.

(Sorry. My english is not very good looking)

I don´t remember if this is the correct order (*) but these are the songs:

1 - William, It Was Really Nothing
2- Alma Matters
3 - I Whish You Lonely
4 - Hairdresser On Fire
5 - I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
6 - Is It Really So Strange
7 - Jack The Ripper
8 - Dial-A-Cliché
9 - Back On The Chain Gang *
10 - If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
11 - Munich Air Disaster 1958
12 - Break Up the Family
13 - Spent The Day In Bed
14 - How Soon Is Now?
15 - The Bullfighter Dies
16 - Hold On To Your Friends*
17 - Life Is a Pigsty
18 - Who Will Protect Us From the Police?
19 - Let Me Kiss You
20 - Everyday Is Like Sunday
21 - First of the Gang to Die

Regards.

Thank you - if from memory, you did well with just a couple out of sequence.

From setlist.fm:
William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Is It Really So Strange? / Back On The Chain Gang / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Break Up The Family / Spent The Day In Bed / How Soon Is Now? / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Who Will Protect Us From the Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Let Me Kiss You // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Regards,
FWD.

On his last birthday he finished his 59th year of life. Now he is in his 60th year.

hey...he's not 60 yet !!
Sorry. I'm turning 50 next month, but not there just yet.
I'm 49, and sexy Mozzer is still 59

On his last birthday he finished his 59th year of life. Now he is in his 60th year.
No, he finished his 58th year of life last year. He's 59. A quick google search will tell you that! He won't be 60 until May!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom