Santiago - Movistar Arena (Dec. 15, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

William, It Was Really Nothing / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Is It Really So Strange? / Back On The Chain Gang / Dial-a-Cliché / Jack The Ripper / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Break Up The Family / Spent The Day In Bed / How Soon Is Now? / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / Hold On To Your Friends / Let Me Kiss You // Everyday Is Like Sunday / First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by James Dean, order corrections from setlist.fm.

Last edited:
Let me Kiss You

by antonio zuniga on yt
:yum::flamethrow:

by rene arriagada on yt

with a wagging finger... and a handsome shirt!

by cristiano souza on yt
i love you, i love you, i love you - exit

Last edited by a moderator:

78333376ce736beb630a8cf4e59d5499.jpg

Set list remains elusive.
FWD.

There's a man clearly relishing his own voice.... but at the expense of the song? Sinatra used to do the same. Morrissey seems to sometimes feel he has to prove he can sing. We all know you can Morrissey, just give us the songs straight.

Nice to see some band interaction at the end of Kiss You. I'm impressed with Jesse's playing just lately. He seems to have changed his guitar settings.

There's a man clearly relishing his own voice.... but at the expense of the song? Sinatra used to do the same. Morrissey seems to sometimes feel he has to prove he can sing. We all know you can Morrissey, just give us the songs straight.
Interesting thought. Although isn't it also likely that he's just bored of singing the same old songs and is trying to keep himself interested?

Interesting thought. Although isn't it also likely that he's just bored of singing the same old songs and is trying to keep himself interested?
I think it's a uniquely 80s thing where no one expected singers to be able to actually sing. And when you found one that could, it was like a big revelation. I still hear the gasps of amazement when George Michael performed live aid. He can sing! Wow. Would you belive it?

I think it's a uniquely 80s thing where no one expected singers to be able to actually sing. And when you found one that could, it was like a big revelation. I still hear the gasps of amazement when George Michael performed live aid. He can sing! Wow. Would you belive it?
Yes, I think that first 'plastic age' of music (clearly we're in another one right now) brought other expectations, too. I remember working in a shop in London in my 20s and the dim teenage daughter of a colleague had been to see Wham! live. She said they were 'Fantastic - they sounded just like the record', and this was for her the highest accolade.

Yes, I think that first 'plastic age' of music (clearly we're in another one right now) brought other expectations, too. I remember working in a shop in London in my 20s and the dim teenage daughter of a colleague had been to see Wham! live. She said they were 'Fantastic - they sounded just like the record', and this was for her the highest accolade.
Yes. And at the other end it was awful that Reel Around The Fountain didn't sound like the record when played live. Haha. It seemed like endless torture to me! Quite pedestrian.

Yes. And at the other end it was awful that Reel Around The Fountain didn't sound like the record when played live. Haha. It seemed like endless torture to me! Quite pedestrian.
It's missing the keyboards but is this not still majestic? I don't like quite a lot of the very early stuff but I adore this live version.

It's missing the keyboards but is this not still majestic? I don't like quite a lot of the very early stuff but I adore this live version.

It's much better than a version I saw Pep. The one I watched was a dry performance without an audience, and that may be why it lacked spark.

It's much better than a version I saw Pep. The one I watched was a dry performance without an audience, and that may be why it lacked spark.
Without an audience? How so? Please don't tell me you had him there in your living room and let him slip through your fingers.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom