"Satellite Of Love" reaches #124 in the UK singles chart

I'm surprised it got as high as that, to be honest.
No doubt Morrissey is firing off angry emails bemoaning the lack of 50 foot high billboards and non-stop radio play at this very moment.

Honestly, it's hard to think of anything less appealing than this new release.
'Morrissey and his clumsy band play an uninspired live cover version of someone else's song'.
Who are the idiots that actually bought it?

There were no CD releases of it right? Just basically collector's edition vinyl releases and a download? Would anything chart under those circumstances? Sincere question.

There were no CD releases of it right? Just basically collector's edition vinyl releases and a download? Would anything chart under those circumstances? Sincere question.

The CD single market has pretty much collapsed in recent years. Collectors may buy expensive vinyl, but the days of CD being the 'main' format for singles is - sadly - dead. These days most people are more likely to download a single - legally or illegally. It would have been nice if it was available on CD as well, and it may have added a few chart positions/sales to it....but not many.

I downloaded it on the day of the release just to see if it would affect the local "daily download" charts and no, it didn't. Those charts are clearly rigged up between the major labels and commercial radio stations. I already had a free download version, but since I win a lot of free download credits, it didn't cost me anything.

Funnily enough it equals Morrissey's worst ever UK Singles chart position (excluding imports, remixes and reissues) as 'Hand In Glove' got to the exact same number!

Anyone surprised? This is the first Morrissey release I can remember where I only bought one format (the download one). Can't be bothered with the other ones. Mozzas clumsy band making a poorly rehearsed (live) version of "Satellite of love"? Bafled it reached as high as 124, to be honest.

Where did the 'original' release get, ie the 1 track download that came out on the 2nd Dec ? That's the only version I bought, I usually get the lot but without a cd version and seeing the b sides I just couldn't be arsed.

Anyone know if the initial digital single track release charted in December ? That's the only one I bothered getting with there being no CD version.

Waldo

Where did the 'original' release get, ie the 1 track download that came out on the 2nd Dec ? That's the only version I bought, I usually get the lot but without a cd version and seeing the b sides I just couldn't be arsed.

It was outside the top 200.

It didn't reach the top 200.

In that case was that his first non charting release ? Or did the Suedehead Mael Mix release (mp3 + vinyl only, no CD) not make it either ?

Waldo.

Yes Suedehead Mael mix didn't reach the top 200 either.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom