SatNight10/27 pre and post show parties

Morrissey - going to 4 shows but Sat night going all out!
Pre party at Stout which is a block from the venue - check out the beer selection - http://www.stoutnyc.com/menu.html - very reasonable prices for NYC - 133 West 33rd street - couple of minutes walk to Hammerstein
post party at BB Kings (10 minute walk) http://www.bbkingblues.com/schedule/moreinfo.cgi?id=4174
very respectable cover band going on at midnight only a buck - all Smiths covers
I will be wearing my Smiths shirt (probably not the only one) so hope to welcome everyone to NY and have an amazing night.
Probably get there about 7 as Moz will go on about 9.
I am Neil and wil be there with Adam - cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please let us know if you want to meet up and share stories
this will be approximately my 20th show
cheers!

last time we did this we got on just before midnight and ended up playing about 2 hrs with encores, ending around 1:45 or 2...
if the crowd thins out a little around 1:30, we'll know why!

mmmmmm Fullers London Pride please.

last time we did this we got on just before midnight and ended up playing about 2 hrs with encores, ending around 1:45 or 2...
if the crowd thins out a little around 1:30, we'll know why!

I'm sure that we won't cause a mass exodus. But if the show goes that long, I don't really want to skip out before it's over. Should we even contemplate driving in & parking, rather than taking the train? The last time I drove into Manhattan, it wasn't too bad, and we'll be arriving at about the same time (early Saturday afternoon) as last time. How late are parking garages (especially the B.B. King's one) open?

I bought my ticket for the post-show yesterday off Ticketbastard. When it was all said and done I paid about $6 in fees (but only $1 for the ticket). That's still not a bad price, but I paid more in fees than I did for the ticket.

See you all at the show! :)

I'm sure that we won't cause a mass exodus. But if the show goes that long, I don't really want to skip out before it's over. Should we even contemplate driving in & parking, rather than taking the train? The last time I drove into Manhattan, it wasn't too bad, and we'll be arriving at about the same time (early Saturday afternoon) as last time. How late are parking garages (especially the B.B. King's one) open?

I think most garages in manhattan are open all night on a saturday. I took a cab out to hoboken (where i live) after the last show it was pretty easy getting through the lincoln tunnel at that time.

I suppose these are 21+ and I will have to find someplace for me to go.

So it goes.

don't worry as mister marr said b.b kings is all ages.

i'm 20 and i've been there at the last aftershow party in june and i even got alcoholic drinks without asking.

Great shows Monday - Tuesday and Friday

Ready for a big night out Saturday - shows have been getting out at 10:45

post show party at BB KINGS 42nd street between 7th and 8th (about a 10 minute walk) pretty strong Smiths cover band only a buck

Thanks mod! Crowd made the night a ton of fun for us, despite the fact I cut myself and bled all over my guitar. We had nixed London from the set since it was being played every night but luckily we were tipped off that it wasn't played Saturday... nice way to end the night. We'll have some clips on youtube soon.

Thanks to everyone who sang along with us!
mistermarr

Thanks mod! Crowd made the night a ton of fun for us, despite the fact I cut myself and bled all over my guitar. We had nixed London from the set since it was being played every night but luckily we were tipped off that it wasn't played Saturday... nice way to end the night. We'll have some clips on youtube soon.

mistermarr

You guys were great! Your "Barbarism" was dead on. Buzzetta & I had wondered whether you guys would get your very own stage invaders, and, lo and behold, that was answered in the affirmative! Do come down to DC some time.

Buzzetta & I had wondered whether you guys would get your very own stage invaders, and, lo and behold, that was answered in the affirmative! Do come down to DC some time.

Yeah, the stage invasions made our night! Here's a pic that does a good job of capturing the chaos on stage:

SandH_BBsOct_StageInvasions.jpg

mistermarr

my friend pointed out that you bled on your pick guard and kept playing, that was awesome. my friends and i had a great time so please play again soon!!

dont mean to sound pathetic but the sons and heirs made my f***ing day! my birthday was october 28 and i couldnt go see morrissey again on saturday. i was sooooooo sad but decided to go through with the "afterparty" as me and my friends intended. the bus from new jersey decided to take 45 minutes and after cursing god and running from port authority to bb kings i caught the last few songs. the moment there is a light that never goes out started playing i went crazy and i even got on stage and sang into the mic with ronnissey!
thank you very much for cheering me up and be certain that i along with others will be at your next show.:)

Back
Top Bottom