Saturday Houston show

ForgivemeJESUS

I am not BBC scum
No official word yet on any cancellation to the white oaks show, but I have plans and tickets to go and record the show and to see my favorite all time artist Morrissey. But inclement weather is jeopardizing the show

As I post this rain is slightly slowing and storm so slowly is moving east. With only 2 days left to go and 1 show in Austin before this event . I'm reporting on the conditions as of thursday the 18th ..school and business closing are normal and certain areas have a mandatory evacuation, parts of interstate are shut down, national guard are operable. So I've been anticipating this show since spring and to see this .....well to put it lightly bums me out. Not being negative just throwing the latest out there....keep fingers crossed

Emailed white oak and they replied, saying the only way they would cancel is if it rained Sat. Which forecast has storm moving out by then and and a 30% chance of precipitation So that's great news., if the water recedes which it should,having all day Friday and Saturday morning to do that.....now lets hope that Morrissey camp feels the same wsy

Thanks for your info. We are in Austin at the moment, tonight's show is set to go ahead no problem. Having travelled from the UK for these Texas shows we are desperate for the shows to go ahead but watching the weather channel n TV in the hotel this morning it's hard for me to see how the Houston show can go ahead? Whiteoak music hall cancelled a show Thursday night, they have another show tonight there, look to see if that goes ahead as an indicator for Saturday's show. Like I said I'm pessimistic about the Moz show on Saturday. I won't blame Moz for this cancellation. Thanks for the updates, keep them coming if you can.

Emailed white oak and they replied, saying the only way they would cancel is if it rained Sat. Which forecast has storm moving out by then and and a 30% chance of precipitation So that's great news., if the water recedes which it should,having all day Friday and Saturday morning to do that.....now lets hope that Morrissey camp feels the same wsy
That’s the venue policy....M might have a lower threshold!

71072946_10156445278071190_8881033125837144064_o.jpg

This after-party will happen regardless of what happens.

The last time it was postponed, I had an After-Party planned and at last minute, I turned it into a Morrissey/Smiths night and started it at 8pm.

This screenshot is from an aerial view that captured the venue Thursday evening...

20190919-233933.jpg

ZOOMED IN...

Stage and lawn can be seen.
Screenshot-20190919-234316-Gallery.jpg

This screenshot is from an aerial view that captured the venue Thursday evening...

20190919-233933.jpg

ZOOMED IN...

Stage and lawn can be seen.
Screenshot-20190919-234316-Gallery.jpg
This is terrific reporting.
Its friday morning and it's a light rain still coming down. Water is receding but only in certain area. I'm traveling from Beaumont and it got hit harder ,if you can even imagine that, the interstate is totally under water and if by some rare chance the event is still on I'll have to travel north ,and go around the flooding, a good 2 hours out of the way to get to Houston. Honestly I dont see how it will not be cancelled after seeing the flooding everywhere.. chalk it up as bad timing, super bummed, it's just a matter of time before we get the official news......unfortunately

This is terrific reporting.
Its friday morning and it's a light rain still coming down. Water is receding but only in certain area. I'm traveling from Beaumont and it got hit harder ,if you can even imagine that, the interstate is totally under water and if by some rare chance the event is still on I'll have to travel north ,and go around the flooding, a good 2 hours out of the way to get to Houston. Honestly I dont see how it will not be cancelled after seeing the flooding everywhere.. chalk it up as bad timing, super bummed, it's just a matter of time before we get the official news......unfortunately

ugh, this is in your way, too:

I-10 at San Jacinto River is shut down.

ugh, this is in your way, too:

I-10 at San Jacinto River is shut down.

Yeah I seen that. not good. Now let's point out most of the flooding and bad news is on the east side of Houston, i point that out because coming from Austin is on the west side of Houston which conditions are alot better ....alot.... and thats how Morrissey camp would be traveling .

But a major factor is in the pics above with white oak obvious under water. Now I've seen water recede fast but there truly isnt much time, considering Morrissey would be traveling to Houston right after the Austin show tonight.

Thanks for your info. We are in Austin at the moment, tonight's show is set to go ahead no problem. Having travelled from the UK for these Texas shows we are desperate for the shows to go ahead but watching the weather channel n TV in the hotel this morning it's hard for me to see how the Houston show can go ahead? Whiteoak music hall cancelled a show Thursday night, they have another show tonight there, look to see if that goes ahead as an indicator for Saturday's show. Like I said I'm pessimistic about the Moz show on Saturday. I won't blame Moz for this cancellation. Thanks for the updates, keep them coming if you can.
I hope you have fun tonight, I know Austin is a super fun city .....the bats I wish you could see the bats but the time they come out you will be entering the venue for the show tonight.....take some video so we can have audio for this particular show......pretty please

Don't fret just yet. It's been done before and might just turn into a concert you will remember forever:

457925609-Woodstock_hippie_sliding_in_mud_2.gif

Dress appropriately. :)
I have a high maintenance girlfriend.....I wont be able to participate in the slip and slide....dang it.......advantage and disadvantages of everything.....dang it

All underpasses that were filled to the top ,the water has receded and now are passable (if they have been reopened)just filled with mud. This is good news, it's a start....lol

I have a high maintenance girlfriend.....I wont be able to participate in the slip and slide....dang it.......advantage and disadvantages of everything.....dang it

Tell her the mud is good for her skin! Women in LA pay hundreds of dollars for mud masks and she can get one for free. I spent a night in Amarillo, TX driving across country and really enjoyed myself. Friendly people, and a very relaxed, laid back vibe.

Tell her the mud is good for her skin! Women in LA pay hundreds of dollars for mud masks and she can get one for free. I spent a night in Amarillo, TX driving across country and really enjoyed myself. Friendly people, and a very relaxed, laid back vibe.
Ok I will do that.....wish me luck...lol

71072946_10156445278071190_8881033125837144064_o.jpg

This after-party will happen regardless of what happens.

The last time it was postponed, I had an After-Party planned and at last minute, I turned it into a Morrissey/Smiths night and started it at 8pm.

You are in Houston, hows it looking as far as show going forward Saturday. What do you think

It's raining freaking again.....downpour .....yikes

It does seem a bit weird to get an email from the Houston venue that mentions the do's and not to do's about the venue and not mention the weather at all. Automated I guess. I tend to put stock in people who are actually there rather than PR from venues. Either way we are coming to H-Town tomorrow even if we sink on the way. Continued thanks for your input. I won't unfortunately be taping tonight's show in Austin. I'm not the type to reach for the phone whilst at a Moz show. You miss more by taping rather than living in the moment I feel. Good luck to you and everyone else attending tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom