Seattle, WA - Moore Theatre (Mar. 6, 2013) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Irish Blood, English Heart / Speedway / Maladjusted / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Action Is My Middle Name / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / November Spawned A Monster / Still Ill / People Are The Same Everywhere / Meat Is Murder / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? // The Boy With The Thorn In His Side

set list provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by DubbalinGirl.

• Photo from @SrenKMagnusson via Twitter.

seattle1.jpg
  • I've Seen This Happen in Other People's Lives—Morrissey at the Moore Theatre - review by Jackson Hathorn - The Stranger. Link posted by Mozel tov.

Last edited:
Show was amazing!! 2nd row, got a handshake,a large section of the shirt he threw,he even handed me the mic for a second!! Great mix of Smiths and Moz songs. Will never forget.

I've seen Morrissey twice on this tour, and he was fantastic. If you think that his singing is "flagging badly", perhaps it is time to follow Bon Jovi.

So does that mean we agree that he's got the Susan Boyle syndrome and we can all have slow waltz at the old folks home tea dance with Gerry-st-clare on keyboard playing every day is like mon, tue, wed, thur, fri, sat, sunday ? I can smell it now !

Can anyone let me know if he had an opening act for the Seattle show? The Portland show starts at 9pm and I was planning to go later factoring in that there's an opening act and he won't be on until after 9:30pm...

Can anyone let me know if he had an opening act for the Seattle show? The Portland show starts at 9pm and I was planning to go later factoring in that there's an opening act and he won't be on until after 9:30pm...

There is an opening act, can't remember her name though. 9:30 should be perfect. It was for the LA shows.

Show was amazing!! 2nd row, got a handshake,a large section of the shirt he threw,he even handed me the mic for a second!! Great mix of Smiths and Moz songs. Will never forget.

SWEEEEET! I saw that the Moore Theatre is like 1400 seats+ -, so what a nice intimate venue. ;)

If you're just planning on strolling into the venue a minute before he goes on stage then you'll be missing out a decent chunk of the whole experience.

Cool pic of the Moore Theatre! Seattle is an awesome city!

There is an opening act, can't remember her name though. 9:30 should be perfect. It was for the LA shows.

The opening act is only thirty minutes long. The intro for Morrissey is usually interesting, so I would try to be at the theater for it. Moz makes up for everything.

Hi. I've been lurking on this site for years (mostly to find out about set lists), but this is my first post. I was at the Moore show last night, and thought I'd give my two cents, as a long time Moz fan. This was, by FAR, the best show of his that I've seen. He was in a great mood, his voice had such clarity and strength, and the band was completely dialed in. I was so happy that 'Shoplifters' returned to the setlist after a few nights off. Some highlights included a ROCKING 'Still Ill', and a lovely 'Alma Matters'. I have a total talent crush on the (new?) drummer. What a fantastic musician. Surprisingly, only one fan attempted to give Moz a hug, but he was thwarted by the huge security guard. The sound in the venue was absolutely perfect. My only complaint was the lack of songs from 'Your Arsenal' and 'Vauxhall and I'. I should also mention that the arrangement of 'Please please please' was stunning.

A perfect night of music.

well put for many of the lurkers! Seeing him in Davis after 4 prev shows in last 10 yrs- I thot he was re-vitalized and am envious of those who see him theron!

Thank you so much! I bet it is ridiculously difficult to find the key of one song with no assistance in the middle of singing another, Morrissey is a vocal control genius. :bow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the dirt on Morrissey's use of Nomi (of course die-hard fans know this already):
British pop icon Morrissey used the song Wayward Sisters as an introduction prior to appearing on stage to begin a concert for his Kill Uncle tour. He used the song After the Fall in the same way during his 2007 American tour. Morrissey included Nomi's song Death in his compilation of influential songs titled Under the Influence, after selecting it in 1984 as the last track for his appearance on the BBC radio show 'My Top 10'. Morrissey also chose Nomi's version of Schumann's "Der Nussbaum" ("The Walnut Tree") as one his selections on BBC Radio 4's "Desert Island Discs" in November 2009.

There was also a video clip of an old lady being interviewed -- anyone know who that is?

Here's the dirt on Morrissey's use of Nomi (of course die-hard fans know this already):
British pop icon Morrissey used the song Wayward Sisters as an introduction prior to appearing on stage to begin a concert for his Kill Uncle tour. He used the song After the Fall in the same way during his 2007 American tour. Morrissey included Nomi's song Death in his compilation of influential songs titled Under the Influence, after selecting it in 1984 as the last track for his appearance on the BBC radio show 'My Top 10'. Morrissey also chose Nomi's version of Schumann's "Der Nussbaum" ("The Walnut Tree") as one his selections on BBC Radio 4's "Desert Island Discs" in November 2009.

There was also a video clip of an old lady being interviewed -- anyone know who that is?

Tender Buttons, right?

Did anyone go and watch the show? Please? DavidT - Do you read this shit?

A friend and I came down to Seattle from Vancouver for the show with high expectations. However, sad to say they were not met. Morrissey just wasnt into it and seemed to be going through the motions of getting through one more gig, playing a the same old songs ( from this tour anyway). The band were tight but had no stage presence whatsoever.

The overall effect was a crowd trying to get into it but remained largley mild instead of getting wild. People around me looked bored and even some sat down ( I was near the stage)!

The whole shabby event was over in just over an hour, this included one ok encore. I left feeling totally ripped off.

Morrissey: These days much more interesting to read about than see live.

I too, drove down from Vancouver for the show & thought it was great. I originate from near Manchester & grew up in 'The Smiths' era but have never regarded myself a fan, I only went as my partner is a big fan of Moz so it was a treat for her really, & that just a day after flying back from Asia, all jet-lagged & stuff.
I don't even know the majority of stuff he plays but was, perhaps surprisingly, very much entertained, great band too!
Would've been a tad better if the ignorant, chubby lady in the balcony didn't keep standing up, blocking a small sections' proper view.
Sorry to hear the remaining tour is cancelled. I'm glad I made it but feel for those missing out. Hope he recovers well & returns sometime.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom