Selling my rare French 7" 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'

Hi I'm selling my 7" 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out'

Cat No.: Rough Trade ‎– 90299, Virgin.

Released Jan 1987 in France

CONDITION: VG+

People interested please send me sensible offers via PM.

CoverA.jpg CoverB.jpg

VinylA-Label.jpg VinylB-Label.jpg

VinylA.jpg

Last edited:
beautiful item, but there is no way this item is mint/near mint with the discoloration, ringwear and bends/creases. i am sure you will still sell it for a good amount of $.
GLWS

Hi mate! I think it means "Come With" Half a Person

hope it helps!

Thanks Marc! After seeing your reply I decided to Google it (which I should have done to begin with, I guess!) and found that it can also mean coupled with or combined with. Moz always does cool stuff. Good luck with your offer.

I also noticed that on the back of this single it says "layout by Slim Smith" which is funny because as we all know Caryn Gough always handled this in those days, but (and I'm just guessing here) since this was a one off France only release done on short notice I bet Moz did the layout himself and used one of his silly monikers instead. Kinda like Ann Coates, which is on the album this single comes from, obviously. He was slim and a Smith after all!

Last edited:
It worries me that this is listed as "mint" when clearly it is not. "Mint" would be perfect. Rarely does such a thing exist.

I would probably say it is in VG condition. The ring ware definitely makes it VG and not EX.
It is hard to see the vinyl. Are there and minor scratches or surface ware?

Hi Darby! I was only allowed to attach 5 pictures. If you are interested to have all in HR, including the vinyl b-side please send me a message with your email and I will send it to you.
Thank you!!
I would probably say it is in VG condition. The ring ware definitely makes it VG and not EX.
It is hard to see the vinyl. Are there and minor scratches or surface ware?

It worries me that this is listed as "mint" when clearly it is not. "Mint" would be perfect. Rarely does such a thing exist.

Don't be worried Beau just don't buy it. I think "Quite nice really" is a more apt description. I think I'll write to Record collector and get them to make QNR an official grading.

Tags
light rare smiths the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom