SER: "A Larks' Tongue In April" - Morrissey interview - Morrissey Central (24 June, 2019)

The Interview. - Morrissey Central
June 24, 2019

A LARKS’ TONGUE IN APRIL.

conversation with Morrissey,

April 2019, by Sam Esty Rayner.

*we apologize for the delay in printing this interview.

Excerpt:

"sam:
You cancelled 6 shows in Italy because of the incident. People are beginning to think your middle name is Cancellation.

M:
I know. But, as far as I can see, many bands cancel and nothing is ever said about it. The song and dance made about my cancellations is usually from people who wouldn’t go to the concert in the first place.

sam:
But you will play the Canada dates?

M:
Yes.

sam:
Is your hand bad? Obviously it’s covered.

M:
The stitches are out now but if I had shaken anyone’s hand last week blood would have spurted. That’s not a nice greeting.

sam:
I don’t think anyone ever believes that you’re ill, or that you fell, or whatever.

M:
I know. Generally colds and flu are passed on to me, and there’s nothing you can do when your voice is your instrument. I go to abnormal lengths to avoid colds."

PastedGraphic-1.jpg

full

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/234417-the-interview

Covering a lot of recent (and old) topics.
Full transcript reproduced below in parts (due to word limits).
Regards,
FWD.

Media coverage:

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
All In all, embarrassing.
It’s time for Morrissey to just call public life a day now.
He’s to be pitied: that daft twat.

If you are going to make a dramatic - and pointless - statement like this, it might be an idea to have a basic grasp of Standard English, otherwise you end up looking like a total twat.

You total twat.

Anybody else think that Peter is currently wanking himself into a boz-eyed stupor?

'Look wife, I've made a funny...look, look, really, it's funny! All my special friends on the internet will think that I am super-smart and funny...please come back...I just need to get laid...please...please...whimper'

The twat.

The comments about white privilege aren’t too good. Apart from that, relatively gaffe free
Really? I thought it was quite spot-on...
He was an Irish boy growing up working class in England! White privilege, my bum. I believe he said he even had slurs hurled at him sometimes for being Irish. The White privilege comments from the Guardian ignore his background.
In contrast, I happen to be a middle-class black immigrant who grew up in Los Angeles. I've never been discriminated against and so many places have affirmative action policies that I'm almost a kid in a candy store.
Do you really believe that there's intrinsic privilege in being white?
I don't think there is, necessarily.

I dunno. At least he talks to his audience now and again. Pixies are woeful for not even saying hello or goodbye. I like Robert Smith. I think my top 5 fav bands of all time are: The Smiths/Moz, The Cure, Joy Division, New Order, Suede.
I quite enjoy any Bob Smith interviews and he doesn't come across as a badly informed twat like Moz does sometimes.

Not dissing the Cure. Saw them at Hyde Park last year and they were stupendous.

If you are going to make a dramatic - and pointless - statement like this, it might be an idea to have a basic grasp of Standard English, otherwise you end up looking like a total twat.

You total twat.

Aww. There, there

If borders are such terrible things then why did they ever exist in the first place?

Poses the question ...

If meat eating is such a terrible thing then why did it ever exist in the first place?

Because humans can be incredibly cruel and harm other beings with out ever actually needing to. Build 'em walls high Morrissey. Just be on the other side (the alt-right side ) from me when they are built.

You total twat.
Pot, meet kettle. The composition of your statement suggests that you bear the linguistic cognition of a 6 year old ESL student.

If borders are such terrible things then why did they ever exist in the first place?

Poses the question ...

If meat eating is such a terrible thing then why did it ever exist in the first place?

Because humans can be incredibly cruel and harm other beings with out ever actually needing to. Build 'em walls high Morrissey. Just be on the other side (the alt-right side ) from me when they are built.

Man wouldn't have survived without killing animals.

This is a disgrace. It's a puff piece masquerading as an interview. It boggle the mind as to who thought this was a good idea. Skinny has quickly highlighted that the 'interview' dated April has responses from this month. Silly. Really, really silly. If Morrissey is going to make shit up the least he could do is at least try to be clever about it. I'd agree it's a conversation but for what purpose? What next "Morrissey in intimate converation with his auntie Morbella?"

I genuinely believe this is the Morrissey camp's attempt at promotion of the album. Dreadful stuff.

Hi Peter. When/where is the next Plastic Letters gig? Ta.

If Rifke can interview herself, then SER can interview Morrissey! Troll!

Though at least this Sam interview is better than the Fiona one.

Well, can’t please the haters on this site, they won’t agree that an interview is good until Morrissey himself agrees with what they falsely accuse him of.

Anyway, new album to look forward to, and hearing some of the CS songs live will be really great also.

Though at least this Sam interview is better than the Fiona one.

Well, can’t please the haters on this site, they won’t agree that an interview is good until Morrissey himself agrees with what they falsely accuse him of.

Anyway, new album to look forward to, and hearing some of the CS songs live will be really great also.

It's a nice interview actually.
It is still a bit weird to release an Uncle/Nephew interview and I assume they know each other very well, so S.E.R. probably knew the answers to all the questions without even having to ask... so it's a bit like a parody, even if the interview is interesting.
(It still sounds a bit like Rifke interviewing herself to me, but both interviews were fine... by far better than my interview to Viva!).

Tags
california son info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom