SER denies driving car, names officer in FB comments; Morrissey quoted in Metro.co.uk article

Update: Sam has just written in his facebook page (comment in the photo post) it was not him driving the car and he was not in italy at the moment. What the hell?

This is getting more and more ridiculous.

Links posted anonymously:

Sam Esty Rayner Photography Facebook comment (July 7):
The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.

Also earlier:

Sam Esty Rayner Photography Facebook comment (July 5):
The police officer who attacked Morrissey at 7.45 pm on July 4th in Rome, Italy, is named Barone Raffaele.

40322_ser_fb_comments.jpg

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey claims he was ‘terrorised by police officer who drew his gun’ - Metro.co.uk

Excerpt:

The state police website claimed Morrissey had an attitude from the outset and was astonished he had not been recognised.

It added police were eventually able to identify him after making further inquiries.

Morrissey told Metro.co.uk: ‘Yes, I had an attitude – of someone being provoked. I do not expect anyone anywhere to know who I am. If this is all the police can say in their defence, then you must draw your own conclusions.

‘If this can happen to me on a busy, daylight street in Roma, then Italy places itself right up there with Syria in terms of moral stability.

‘With armed psychopaths free on the streets of Roma, then incoming migrants will soon be storming Italian borders to get back to Libya.

‘Italy’s ranking as 126th most dangerous country in the world has now shifted to number 1.’

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam Esty Rayner Photography:

"The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.
"

via Facebook on Friday, 7th July 2017, 9:39 am CEST

"The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

"

via Facebook on Friday, 7th July 2017, 9:39 am CEST

Why does Sam write about himself in third person on his own facebook page?

"

For the sake of truth there was no mention of Sam on the quoted verbale of the polizia, just in the article. It was just la Repubblica screwing up as they often do.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/07/morri...-police-officer-who-drew-his-gun-6760423/amp/

Morrissey told Metro.co.uk: ‘Yes, I had an attitude – of someone being provoked. I do not expect anyone anywhere to know who I am. If this is all the police can say in their defence, then you must draw your own conclusions.

‘If this can happen to me on a busy, daylight street in Roma, then Italy places itself right up there with Syria in terms of moral stability.

‘With armed psychopaths free on the streets of Roma, then incoming migrants will soon be storming Italian borders to get back to Libya.

‘Italy’s ranking as 126th most dangerous country in the world has now shifted to number 1.'

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/07/morri...-police-officer-who-drew-his-gun-6760423/amp/

‘Italy’s ranking as 126th most dangerous country in the world has now shifted to number 1.'

SYRIA? Oh do f*** off Moz, you self-regarding twat. You really are not THAT important.

One more thing - this article states that he WAS there with Sammy. So someone's lying.

MORRISSEY : THE DRAMA QUEEN'S DRAMA QUEEN

What we really need is for the hundred or so strong crowd that gathered around the incident to post the footage they took on their pocket smart gadgets.

If anyone out there has any information or film footage/dash cam footage I'm appealing for them to come forward and post it here on SOLO, ( you can post it anonymously if you so wish )
We really need to stop this pillock and his cronies with their cock and nonsense attitude.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

All of Sam's posts and communications leading up to this 'incident' indicated that he was still 'working' in the UK. So it was beyond surprising to see his name appear in god-awful google translated articles.
Something's not right, but getting to the bottom of it isn't really going to happen with current disclosure levels.
Moz could have been doing any number of things with a 'mystery' man in a car in Rome. Using your nephew's name could cover a multitude of sins if necessary...
Who knows? One thing for sure: we probably won't ever know ourselves.
Regards,
FWD.
(just to add to the confusion: SER photography (not his personal FB) marked his location on July 5th as Via Del Corso, Rome - the day after the incident).

Last edited:
This is all very unseemly.
Can't be arsed to go through all previous comments by Moz/SER/Police however my recollection is that in the initial statement Moz mentioned a crowd witnessing/ recording the incident.
If so can't believe nobody has posted some footage at least.
If I'm wrong in this assumption then apologies

Last thing I write is that it the worst thing happened...Morrissey being held by a traffic cop holding a loaded gun for 35 minutes and was verbal agressive, a dangerous situation.

Puzzles me how his nephew Sam seems to be till this newsitem was with him, and indeed it could be Damon.

Wishing everyone a safe calm weekend

Do Italian police really just wear polo shirts with arm badges that almost look like they're peeling off?

This is all very unseemly.
Can't be arsed to go through all previous comments by Moz/SER/Police however my recollection is that in the initial statement Moz mentioned a crowd witnessing/ recording the incident.
If so can't believe nobody has posted some footage at least.
If I'm wrong in this assumption then apologies

Apparently it's illegal to post videos of officers so that's I imagine why no video has been posted. If a ticket was issued someone's I'd was checked and I can't imagine they had a fake one saying Sam rayner so I'm of the mind to think the paper was just wrong and because of his Facebook post about the incident assumed he was the driver. I can't imagine morrissey being the driver. As to the uniform, after a google check, I saw that yeah some do but some also wear other uniforms that look much more like what I think a police officer would wear

They are lying! I knew Sam wasn't in Italy. They should have done a bit of research before they picked a fight with Morrissey.

Alright, I'm thoroughly confused now ... and maybe that's the point. So, then Morrissey was driving the car? The original FB comment by SER did not even mention a car - it sounded more along the lines of Morrissey being accosted whilst innocently walking on the street.

If Sam was not in Italy during this event, how does he have the photo of the police officer to post on his FB page? Yes, I know it could have been sent to him ... but who took it then, Morrissey?

Last edited:
I stopped listening to the solo stuff long ago. But now I'm on the verge of never putting on a Smiths-record again too. That is quiet something, coming from me. It's become unbearable, these cheap attempts to generate some media attraction and the suggestion that they're all after him. My god.

Who outside of the Moz bubble really even know who SER is? I think if he's gonna make a statement about where he was in the world then he ought to back this up with a bit of evidence. Or have people naturally assumed Sam was driving.

I dunno. I lost certain faith when things failed to be all about the music.

So, a photographer by "trade" posts a pic/still to his Instagram/Facebook page but says he wasn't there so he couldn't have taken it? Makes perfect sense to me.

Who outside of the Moz bubble really even know who SER is? I think if he's gonna make a statement about where he was in the world then he ought to back this up with a bit of evidence. Or have people naturally assumed Sam was driving.

I dunno. I lost certain faith when things failed to be all about the music.

Agreed - remember the good ol' days when Morrissey released a steady stream of singles and albums? Some great, some OK, and some even sub-par ... but a lot more discussion worthy than this nonsense.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom