Morrissey Central & SER YT: "You Don't Need Their Approval" - Morrissey 'Lost Demo' (October 31, 2021)

Here is new demo from Moz :D

Description:

lyrics Morrissey / music Jesse Tobias

Smile and wave and always be friendly
but you don't need their approval
for anything you want to sing about

Smile and wave and always be gentle

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

oh you don't need their approval
for anything you wanna sing about

Smile and wave and always be cordial

"but there are things that must be said
should I stay in bed and wait for someone else to say them instead?"
OH NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

for anything you wanna sing about

for anything you wanna SAY.

unnamed-3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It's human nature to compare to previous. But if you compare this latest 'demo' to demos from The Cure (for example as seen on their deluxe version of Disintegration) you quickly see that Moz's demo isn't a demo. It's a badly formed half baked idea he came up with while emptying the bins. It should have been forgotten by the time he got back inside the house. He should have fired whicever 'musician' gave him the music/random notes.

:rolleyes:
its human nature to compare Moz to that Cure cuck?:crazy:
an Irish psycho babble?

:hammer:

It's human nature to compare to previous.
Human nature of course, yet we have minds to investigate why we do it, what are the benefits if any? And in doing so make corrections in how we perceive. How automatically comparing judging actually gets in the way of listening and hearing the music, we do this with most things in life, not hearing, seeing what is actually there. This part of our human nature may be good as a survival tool in some cases where we rely
on instinct, but it gets in the way of experiencing clearly.
But if you compare this latest 'demo' to demos from The Cure (for example as seen on their deluxe version of Disintegration) you quickly see that Moz's demo isn't a demo.
Yeah, I never said it was a demo.
It's a badly formed half baked idea he came up with while emptying the bins.
I’m sure Robert Smiths bin was carefully selected from, what he wanted you to hear and not hear.
It should have been forgotten by the time he got back inside the house.
Maybe he did.
He should have fired whicever 'musician' gave him the music/random notes.

I guess his opinion of them and why he continues to work with them is different than yours.

Is Jesse playing one of these old street organes here? To me, it just sounds like the background music from a very old movie, it even has the sound of a cranky old record. It makes me wonder if this was ever really considered for inclusion on the album, or just Morrissey and Jesse jamming around. I think it is the latter really.
Jesse's playing the organ alright. Gotta keep the boss happy.

Human nature of course, yet we have minds to investigate why we do it, what are the benefits if any? And in doing so make corrections in how we perceive. How automatically comparing judging actually gets in the way of listening and hearing the music, we do this with most things in life, not hearing, seeing what is actually there. This part of our human nature may be good as a survival tool in some cases where we rely
on instinct, but it gets in the way of experiencing clearly.

Yeah, I never said it was a demo.

I’m sure Robert Smiths bin was carefully selected from, what he wanted you to hear and not hear.

Maybe he did.

I guess his opinion of them and why he continues to work with them is different than yours.
It’s listed as a “lost demo”.

Get back in your hole.

That Cure cuck :lbf:

Don’t be sad Verso. Life could improve for you, just hang in there.

:thumb:

It’s funny how you give every one a red down thumb all the time.
I only see hatred coming from you.
Your and idiot...
If your not suited, then sod off.
“Your and idiot”…Hmm, think I know what a luminary like yourself is trying to say.👍

I would comment on the idea that these are somehow 'rough' in some Smiths demo, C60, handheld mic sort of sense.
Some parts of these tracks are using effects and sounds that aren't band members playing - i.e. digital.
1 of the 3 is cited to be from the studio by the person doing the 'final mix'.
A demo isn't an everyone sat around a tape recorder affair anymore.
All these tracks would have been recorded through mics and digital inputs (probably even more so during Covid).
For them to then turn up on YT with blown out volume, clipping and distortion is a total shame (a uniform trait throughout all 3 = all processed to be like that before sharing = not present at time of recording IMHO).
One of the overriding comments in the last few years has been the strength of his voice and adding gurgle/overly loud artefacts to those tracks is detracting from said.
Glad that approach wasn't taken with BDE.
Regards,
FWD.
The audio distortion artefacts are deliberate so that these tracks can be polished and sold for profit if there's a positive response from the 'clueless consuners' who constitute his dwindling fan base

It sounds like a demo, perhaps it's the initial sketch and has developed.

BB

There is a very good reason why these songs were abandoned, and I’m not so sure that anyone is any the better off for having listened to them.
Best left forgotten and unheard.

A lo-fi album would be interesting, as a departure from the Corporate sheen productions of yore. Morrissey only introduced 'exotic' elements of so-called 'world music' when it had become entirely an uncontroversial industry standard gimmick. The same applies to the vocal collaboration with Thelma and the forthcoming dalliance with A$AP. He's never taken risks as a solo artist, always seeking to gain mainstream acceptance by using mainstream production soundscapes with a banal veneer of a rebel Outsider persona. He's no such thing.

BB
Inverness
Alba

Yeah it’s strange how most need to compare to his earlier work.
Think there may be some pleasure in judging an artist ( an idea father figure?) now that we don’t need him in the same way as we once did.
Compare to his superior work, timescale is an irrelevance.

This song is also a sack of crap compared to Once I Saw The River Clean, for example.

It's actually a sack of crap compared to anything, including sacks of crap.

Not everything is hate here, those who hate or supposedly hate I know who they are, they know and those who love or supposedly love I also know who they are, then there are the people who admire Moz a lot and that if he has to criticize he does, I include myself in this group, so I honestly did not like this song, as Moz sings I always like but in the latter the music is very loose, with all respect

I am not in the group of people who hate or love for other interests. I am a real admirer of Moz so if he deserves a review I do it to him

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom