Serge Gainsbourg - No, no thanks, no

Art-Hound

Has anyone listened to 'No, no thanks, no' by Serge Gainsbourg? It really reminds me of a Morrissey song; however, I can't for the life of me put my finger on what song it is. Any help, please.

Thank you! Yes, it is strikingly similar to the album-version. I'd be interested to know if there was any influence. However, the Gainsbourg song is rather obscure and unknown.

Thank you! Yes, it is strikingly similar to the album-version. I'd be interested to know if there was any influence. However, the Gainsbourg song is rather obscure and unknown.

Nice find :thumb: Morrissey is a fan. Wonder if he showed Nevin the song to write something like it. Which wouldn’t be unusual for him to do.

Nice find :thumb: Morrissey is a fan. Wonder if he showed Nevin the song to write something like it. Which wouldn’t be unusual for him to do.
I knew Morrissey had played Gainsbourg-Bardot's 'Bonnie and Clyde' during the intermission of a couple of his tours - a truly fantastic song, which stands the test of time. So, I guess it's a possibility.

I should have asked Nevin when he was discussing Kill Uncle on twitter. Ah, some things are best kept a secret.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom