Setlist - how difficult will Castlefield Bowl tickets be?

SweetnTenderYorkshireman

Hoping to grab two tickets for Saturday in the morning, wondering what the general consensus is on difficulty in obtaining them?
The Feb tour tickets were easy, gotvthem through Amazon pre-sale, but with it being a smaller venue, in Manchester, I’m a little anxious it will sell out too quickly.
However, seen as his public persona has fallen somewhat since then, perhaps it wont be so bad.

Also, I won’t be attending both days (at £71 and for the third gig this year he’s done alright out of me!) so I’m really hoping for the two days setlists to be a decent, similar quality. I attended the Palladium show and felt that had a great mix of new, old favourites and rare tracks.

Thoughts? Anyone trying for tickets in the morning? What songs do you hope to hear?

It was much easier than usual! Probably the price.

Well I've just purchased two tickets, booked a lengthy train journey and a hotel. Cost me nearly £400. I'm so excited!

12 months ago these tickets would have been gone quicker than you could say something quick.
His arena shows in February were very well attended, but I think his most recent comments have bitten him in the arse.
The ticket price doesn't help and I'm sure if it all goes ahead you'd get a decent chance of getting one cheap close to the show.
Prediction :
Due to a virulent flu virus within the touring party the shows at Manchester this weekend have been postponed. Ticket holders can get refunds at the place of purchase.
Morrissey hopes not to put his foot in his mouth again.
PS. It woz the Guardian that ruined it.

Still on sale, probably the price but also the amount of people who have said they will not give him another penny.

I was surprised at how easy it was to get tickets, especially for a home city gig, I remember when I got the Leeds tickets back in November they were gone in 5 mins. I don't think the price has affected this, as I believe Morrissey fans would pay anything to see him, but I believe his recent comments may have put people off but anyway, roll on 7th of July, I have waited years to see Morrissey live and now I am about to see him twice in the space of 6 months, Viva La Moz!!

his first political interviews were before February.they will sellout.

The "For Britain" endorsement was the straw that broke the camels back for many. I don't think there's much coming back from that.
It was for me. I attended multiple gigs last tour but just can’t bring myself to do it anymore.

I went to both Ally Pally and Glasgow gigs - the For Britain endorsement will personally stop me going to this gig in Manchester. Does anyone who has bought tickets know who the special guests are?

I called it here first, The Cure playing Hyde Park on Saturday night, Morrissey will be worried that show will overshadow his. Morrissey brings out Marr and Rouke and reforms The Smiths for 1 night only, Robert Smith cries himself to sleep, once again being overshadowed by Morrissey. Morrissey grabs all the headlines and is knighted by the Queen the next day.

Actually, for me, it IS about the price. I only live 30 minutes away and the tickets are piss easy to get hold of, and I'm still not biting because 75 quid is obscene for any artist, let alone one who clogs the setlist with obscurities that THEY want to play and forcefeeds us their 'new' material (actually 8/9 months old now).

He could, feasibly, turn these shows into a triumphant homecoming, play all the good stuff the fans want and recover something of the past glories, winning back the naysayers (like myself, I hear you say!) but instead you'll get 75 quids-worth of police brutality footage and one or two dirgy smiths 'covers'.

I'm still not biting because 75 quid is obscene for any artist, let alone one who clogs the setlist with obscurities that THEY want to play and forcefeeds us their 'new' material (actually 8/9 months old n'covers.
Or

There are many fans who are very happy that Morrissey plays "new" songs, or songs from recent years. It shows that he still enjoys being creative, he believes in his new work and doesn't want to get stuck in the past.

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing worse than major artists who cling to past hits as if they're only interested in recapturing old glory days. I'm relieved he is not afraid to mix up setlists and enjoy new creations.

Don't be surprised if the stage heating or coolers break down right at the last minute. Or he performs the minimal 4 songs and 4ks off into the night with yer hard earned wonga £ £ £.
He knows all the tricks in the book, I'd be sweating if I'd purchased.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Or

There are many fans who are very happy that Morrissey plays "new" songs, or songs from recent years. It shows that he still enjoys being creative, he believes in his new work and doesn't want to get stuck in the past.

As far as I'm concerned there's nothing worse than major artists who cling to past hits as if they're only interested in recapturing old glory days. I'm relieved he is not afraid to mix up setlists and enjoy new creations.

Well a few more need to get their hand in their pockets and buy tickets for the Manchester gigs then.

Maybe 2 nights was pushing it a bit, James and New Order sold the place out in a couple of hours, that said neither of them have voiced their support for Britain first or whatever they are called.

I’m another in the ‘can’t support anyone who endorses For Britain’ camp... for me, the Morrissey brand, and legacy, is tarnished forever! (And this saddens me greatly!)

Back in the day, I'd go with a bunch of regulars to every show in the North of England, we'd do all, Liverpool, Blackpool to Hull and all points in-between, I mean all, we did the 4 dates in Manchester in the one week, as well as the rest of the dates on that tour up north, but in recent years I've noticed a drop off in "the call" the are we going? where we going? can you try and get me one? calls, in fact this is the first time I can remember when I've not had to say, you'll have to make other arrangements I'm up to the limit of ticket numbers already. I find they are more choosey about dates, one date a tour more likely, and that's sensible if sad, just a different kind of sad from doing half a dozen dates in one tour.LOL. This will be only the second time in nearly 20 years that Morrissey will play Manchester and I won't be there (I couldn't get a 50th birthday ticket at the Apollo for love nor money, although the Sunday night was still memorable), I got tickets for Saturday but I'm not going Sunday it's a shame his greed has altered the event that was the Morrissey tour. Ticket prices have killed the Event for many.

Tags
castlefield bowl
Back
Top Bottom