Shirley Manson (Garbage) Attacks Morrissey For Defending K.Spacey & H.Weinstein - Alternative Nation

Iconic 90’s Rock Singer Attacks Morrissey For Defending Kevin Spacey & Harvey Weinstein - Alternative Nation
By Brett Buchanan - Nov 19, 2017.

Excerpt:

"Garbage frontwoman Shirley Manson has reacted to former Smiths frontman Morrissey defending Kevin Spacey and Harvey Weinstein following the sexual assault allegations against the two Hollywood titans.

Manson tweeted, “Morrissey has lost the f***ing plot. Weinstein + Spacey unfairly attacked? For rape, sexual abuse+coercion etc. f*** U Morrissey! f*** YOU.”"

Regards,
FWD

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me or is there a deliberate attack on Morrissey in the media right now?
I mean its always been there but right now its really excessive?
I feel like everything he says gets taken out of context or they're sound bites and not the full story...

And saying that he might know what bedroom is also damages that 14 yo boy and the others. Hes no good.

I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Walker either leaves or is sacked from Morrissey's band, considering his friendship and collaboration with Shirley Manson.

It doesn't matter, Twitter will be on sale for 79 cents in about 6 months. Everyone knows it's an echo chamber for nutjobs and whackos. Not unlike this site actually :crazy::lbf::lbf:

Ah, Shirley Manson. Her loud mouth has been quiet of late. Her response to an interview with someone she believes to be supporting actions of sexual assault is to scream via twitter “f*** U Morrissey! f*** U”. Appropriate language in the circumstances? I would argue not.

Morrissey’s comments on this matter could not be clearer. He abhors any form of sexual violence or assault. However, he notes that people do have personal responsibility. If S. Manson, or indeed anyone else, claims that people that meet with e.g. film/record producers in hotels bedrooms have no responsibility to question such locations then I would refer to them as foolish. If these people agree to meet in such questionable places do they not understand that there may be risks? I do not condone any non-consensual sexual act and I believe that’s what Morrissey said in his interview.

Also, there are the male and female opportunists who would gladly have sex with someone in order to further their careers. To suggest that people like this do not exist is naïve in the extreme. It is appropriate that this career-pathway still exist in this day and age? No, no it’s not but it can and will be exploited by those in power and those seeking power.

Morrissey’s alleged support for Mssrs. Spacey and Weinstein was not apparent to me. I read that these men should receive judicial scrutiny not scrutiny by the media. My understanding of the article was that both men were being scapegoated. Which, of course, they are. Anyone who cannot see that is, to my mind, blind. They served merely as a distraction to all of the other dreadful news that was occurring during that period and will be trotted out when a distraction is next required. Yes! These are the only 2 alleged sexual predators in the world? Whether guilty or not both men have been tried by media. Both men worked within an industry were sexual encounters such as those described were the norm. It doesn’t make the actions of the men lawful or morally right but it did make them acceptable, not only by their peers, but by society at large.

No-one, no matter who they are, should be named in the media or anywhere else until such times as they are proven guilty. To do otherwise exemplifies just how broken the judicial system is.

Had this been a sincere investigation of alleged sexual assaults and inappropriate sexual conduct then both Mr Trump and Mr Johnson would both have been hauled before the beak for their considerable inappropriate actions and comments against women.

Societies hypocrisy in regard to sex continues. It is used as weapon when needed and for pleasure when the powerful and the power- hungry think no-one is looking.

To be fair, shit posting of a vile, accusatory nature is not unique to Twitter, random reactionaries or Shirley popping her head over the parapet.
The one thing Morrissey could be that is 'worse' than being a rapist was bandied about on THIS site (much to the disgust of many of us) long before the virtue signallers and faux outrage brigade existed.
Regards,
FWD.

It doesn't matter, Twitter will be on sale for 79 cents in about 6 months. Everyone knows it's an echo chamber for nutjobs and whackos. Not unlike this site actually :crazy::lbf::lbf:

If you want to talk about an echo chamber for nutjobs and whackos look no further than this forum! Bunch of blinkered fawners defending comments from Moz that are to most sensible people indefensible. Just waiting for Tommy Robinson to pop by for his two cents

Didn't have to wait long for the (a) Who is she? and (b) Well, Garbage were shit anyway...posts. You defenders of Morrissey and sexual abuse are utter scum

Garbage had a few decent songs 100 years ago. She's entitled to her opinion but let's face it: accusations do not equal guilt. Gossip does not equal truth. All Morrissey said was that sometimes accusers have ulterior motives. He wasn't saying abuse never happens; he wasn't saying manipulation is OK. He was saying he wasn't there, and there is ambiguity. He was explicit in his non-approval of rape and coercement so f*** off if you can't read, Shirley.

Yes, very well said, exactly my thoughts.
I like shirley Manson a lot but f*** her if she can't read.

I like Morrissey singing and music....especially the old stuff.... otherwise he can STFU !

why she talking trash ?

Because he also said in that same interview... 'rape is disgusting, every physical attack is repulsive' and 'I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone.'

everything in context.

context doesn't come in 140 character lots. twitter is for raging denunciation. it's not the place for nuanced conversation as the tweets of political figures, comedians, musicians, etc attest. "this is the age of oddities let loose."

Shirley Manson can suck my dick.

But seriously...Shirley, please, suck my dick. :oops:

Is it just me or is there a deliberate attack on Morrissey in the media right now?
I feel like everything he says gets taken out of context or they're sound bites and not the full story...

Is this parody? The context is quite clear - The man called Berlin the rape capital of Europe due to "open borders". He is proportioning blame on the victim of a sexual assault. Even if you think he has a point (You'd best have a word with yourself if you do) how can he be THAT stupid to say those things?? Are people going to keep perpetuating this myth that poor old Mozzer is just a hapless victim of the media bully boys??

To be fair, shit posting of a vile, accusatory nature is not unique to Twitter, random reactionaries or Shirley popping her head over the parapet.
The one thing Morrissey could be that is 'worse' than being a rapist was bandied about on THIS site (much to the disgust of many of us) long before the virtue signallers and faux outrage brigade existed.
Regards,
FWD.

I don't think it's entirely faux. I've made comments that aren't congratulatory toward islam. Soon after, I'm slapped with the racist or islamaphobe label. From what I can tell, outrage prompted by failure to comply with pre-approved PC language is the most common variety. M. expressed that there may be unexplored angles in the spate of recent assault denunciations. Because he failed to comply absolutely, he was pilloried. The same on the account of the UKIP politician. Not a damn person outside the UK knows much about UKIP, let alone her. Yet they know what the response must be.

It would be perfectly reasonable for Morrissey to argue for the presumption of innocence, though he’d probably be pilloried for it, as he seems to be for most things these days. However, the comments he made-at least in translation-do contain an unpleasant element of victim blaming, which would probably be enough on its own for Shirley Manson to feel justified in her scatalogical tweet.

More than this, though, he seems that he implying that Spacey and Weinstein’s accusers are lying for gain. Given that Spacey, in particular, seems to acknowledge that what that Star Trek chap said could’ve been true, this seems a bit careless. Now, there are several other celebrity accusees who have denied allegations and if he’d gone with one or more of these, then he’d have had more of a point. That he didn’t suggests that he was courting controversy and nothing more.

There are few things sadder in life than seeing a former hero needlessly turn himself into a pound shop Katie Hopkins.

Who do you think might be orchestrating such a campaign? The Illuminati? Bilderberg? The Masons?

Who do you think might be orchestrating such a campaign? The Illuminati? Bilderberg? The Masons?

He has brought it on himself with ill thought out comments and not appreciating that the press will not include the piece where he said "rape is disgusting, every physical attack is repulsive' and 'I hate rape. I hate attacks. I hate sexual situations that are forced on someone"

Or did he say it on purpose to grab headlines, who knows what goes on in his head nowadays?

It's just her opinion. I don't know why so many of you are upset by it? It's like you're the Third Reich or something. She doesn't tow the Morrissey part line, and you treat her like she's just a thing.

I wish more Morrissey fans were interested in protecting free speech, instead of trying to shame those with a different opinions into agreeing with them.

What's so wrong about thinking Morrissey has lost it? Does it even matter?

Sincerely,
Self-awareness

Don't get me wrong, I abhor all forms of non-consensual interviewing. But when a 58 year-old goes into a room with a journalist, you have to assume that they are aware of where that might lead.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom