Should Morrissey 'do a Morrissey'?

Should Morrissey 'do a Morrissey'?

• Total voters
should M do this ? Should M do that ? I'm sure he comes here daily wringing his hands in dreaded anticipation of the outcome of this poll that will dictate his future fate! :lbf:

In the sheets
there was a man
dancing around
to the simple
Rock & roll
song

Ultimately Morrissey will do whatever Morrissey wants to do. This is a poll where mere mortals can express their opinions. What's wrong with that, Special K?

Ultimately Morrissey will do whatever Morrissey wants to do. This is a poll where mere mortals can express their opinions. What's wrong with that, Special K?

No, there's nothing wrong with that. Just reminding the others who think otherwise.

And thank you, I am a very special K.

Morrissey is touring a lot, but he is a pretty great live performer still and most people I know who have seen him post 2011 think the same.

He has always played smaller venues, but he was still selling them out up until like the third or fourth round of cancellations, which I think hurt him more than anything. Still even with all the cancellations I think I've seen him more than any other artist in the same period, so he is touring constantly. I think that is a good thing, assuming it doesn't have a deleterious effect on his health. It is going to take a lot though to get over the reputation of being the "the guy who cancels."

As far as TTY goes,it hasn't been a pretty sight this past month or so, but I think people in his general fan base are less aware of every meme Sam Etsy posts than people on this site think they are. I don't think it is destroying him. It isn't helping him either, but people on this site who are hyper aware blow it way out of proportion in terms of actual relevancy to Morrissey.

Look at the various Morrissey related tumblr or Facebook pages. People follow them and comment on them. Yes, they aren't critical forums and they mostly show old pictures of Morrissey, but I don't see people commenting on them "I used to love This Charming Man, but now that Jesse Tobias has played it..." or "I smashed my copy of Viva Hate into a thousand pieces, because of what he said on TTY." That might be the sentiment of people on this site, but this site gives you a distorted image of the world of Morrissey.

The down side to this is that when World Peace came out I would meet people who would tell me they were huge Morrissey fans and had no idea he had a new album. Though I am sure they were up to date on f*** Yeah Morrissey's Hair.

Back
Top Bottom