Show us your braces!

chica

v2.0
I got mine today :D

braces.jpg

I'll post a braceless, gapless photo in 14 months :p

i had one, too..from 14-16..it helped;)

ok, that's not me, and I'm not even sure what those red braces and laces means, and you're all supposed to talk about Chica's braces so some on, kidz! :D

I've been told red laces = anarchist, white laces = nazi (duh!), black laces = gothic. I thought it was someone else in that picture, you're black, right?

I got mine off years ago and they didn't fix anything. :cool:
Huzzah for gargantuan wastes of money.

I sympathize :( My savings are gone, gone, gone... I won't be having access to the internet after July! Or cable TV. Or furniture :eek:

i had one, too..from 14-16..it helped;)

I hope this will be worth it... I can't even drink water from a bottle anymore :p Let alone whistle! I lost my labial dexterity...

I've been told red laces = anarchist, white laces = nazi (duh!), black laces = gothic. I thought it was someone else in that picture, you're black, right?

I sympathize :( My savings are gone, gone, gone... I won't be having access to the internet after July! Or cable TV. Or furniture :eek:

I hope this will be worth it... I can't even drink water from a bottle anymore :p Let alone whistle! I lost my labial dexterity...

oh.... I ditched my picture because I thought it might be some kind of racist thing. and, yes.

This is highly variable. So many groups use them in so many ways, it's become virtually meaningless. White laces are generally worn by neo-fascists, but not exclusively, i used to have them. Red laces could indicate lefty radicalism, but it's also used among gangs of neo-nazis as a status symbol, to show that said individual has spilled someone's blood in the cause of white supremacy. I guess the moral is laces don't tell you a whole lot. You'd have to look for something else, nazi regalia's a dead giveaway, the numbers 14 and 88 are popular, germanic writing, confederate flags, a cross in a circle that looks like a target, the south african nazi symbol that looks like three sevens, band logos like skrewdriver, brutal attack, bully boys, nordic thunder, etc. There used to be a group of neo-nazis in my town, so I'm quite familiar. It's too bad, they give decent skinheads a bad name.

I got mine today :D

braces.jpg

I'll post a braceless, gapless photo in 14 months :p

chica, this is a stupid question, but I never got braces, how much do they hurt? In 2006 I had four of my upper teeth veneered and I'm STILL paying for it. $1,200 a TOOTH.

This is so stupid of me, but my experiences with adults that have braces are usually adorable. I remember there was this one girl named Whitney I knew four years ago. Her so called peers would make fun of her for having adult braces, but I thought they were great and when she talked I couldn't help but smile at that lisp!

Last edited:
In the London punk scene, laces mean:
Red: Communist/general lefty
Red and Black: Anarchist
White: White power
Green: Anti-rascist.
Black: Neutral
Black and white: Two-Tone / Anti-rascist again.

Not everyone would agree though, and the only one that really matters is white laces. Nearly everyone agrees on that, and avoid people with white. Also, all this stuff only counts on boots, it doesn't matter on trainers and stuff.

I was gonna post a pic of me with my braces but I thought you meant the type that keep your pants up...nearly...

I wear the Invisalign clear plastic mouthpiece-type ones. I'll be done with them come August, so I will have had them for only a year! Happiness. :D

chica, this is a stupid question, but I never got braces, how much do they hurt? In 2006 I had four of my upper teeth veneered and I'm STILL paying for it. $1,200 a TOOTH.

Only chewing hurts, not too much but enough to stop you from eating solid food. I heard it's just for a week or so, frankly a year or more on liquid diet would be too much :eek:

This is so stupid of me, but my experiences with adults that have braces are usually adorable. I remember there was this one girl named Whitney I knew four years ago. Her so called peers would make fun of her for having adult braces, but I thought they were great and when she talked I couldn't help but smile at that lisp!

Very sweet of you! My father tried to be supportive too :p His reaction was "Wow, it looks great! Like earrings, but on your teeth."

I wear the Invisalign clear plastic mouthpiece-type ones. I'll be done with them come August, so I will have had them for only a year! Happiness. :D

Lucky you! I was thinking about getting ceramic braces, but then I wouldn't look like a total geek, so what's the point :rolleyes::D

I used to wear soldering wire across my teeth and pretend I had braces. I even kept it in a "retainer case" which I took to school. It was actually a little plastic Dewalt drill bit case I swapped from my dad's garage when I stole the soldering wire. I was so desperate to have braces.

I used to wear soldering wire across my teeth and pretend I had braces. I even kept it in a "retainer case" which I took to school. It was actually a little plastic Dewalt drill bit case I swapped from my dad's garage when I stole the soldering wire. I was so desperate to have braces.

Ner ner ner! ;)

Ner ner ner! ;)

I'm so jealous. Don't even show me your little resealable baggie of tiny rubber bands. I might lose it.

Yeah, what is it with brace envy? I used to take paperclips and bend them into an arc and wear it over my teeth. Or I'd take small rubber bands and loop them around my teeth for no good reason. Those tiny brace bands were cool, if you found one on the classroom floor you could take them home to do your Barbies' hair with them.

I never had braces, probably could have done with them. But my teeth are just straight enough that they never made me wear them. I have perfect, cavity-free teeth to this day. Just a little crooked and widely spaced.

I had braces from age thirteen-fifteen. Being the mid-eighties, mine were just conventional stainless steel, dull & apolitical. But they looked smart with my blackshirt. ;) :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom