signing in on main page

The Goat

Banned
I am not technologically minded, I cannot sign up to register on the main page to leave messages as it always comes up saying
'I am hiding behind a proxy' or something (I am on aol) so never been able to leave messages, where the majority of messages left on the main page are annonymous and a lot of abusive posts too.
2 questions
first how can i sign up onto the main page?
secondly why not have the same user name for both boards? that way the vast majority of hoax / abusive posts will go too! I'm all up for humouros posts, always make me laugh, but lets have a name attached to it!

The Goat

The Goat said:
I am not technologically minded, I cannot sign up to register on the main page to leave messages as it always comes up saying
'I am hiding behind a proxy' or something (I am on aol) so never been able to leave messages,

I'm able to sign on through AOL, so it must be something else you're doing.

As far as people posting anonymously on the main page, it never fails to make me laugh when I scan down over a thread and see 90% of the messages are from "Anonymous." It's both those who like hit-and-run attacks (where the attackee is left unable to hit back at the coward), and those who don't wanna be attacked. Sure makes the Main Page boards stupid.

jeane said:
From what I can gather they have never posted and there seems to be no way to render that name disabled.

Considering I have had this name since 1997(?) (yes, i know), I don't really want to change at this point.
You might adopt a distinguished variation of the user-name in question...

jeane®

jean(n)e

jeane!

jeane†

Jeane_the_elder

etc. :confused:

jeane said:
yes, all true and valid variations, however, given my senority :)rolleyes:) on this site, should i stoop to a variation?

I cannot settle for second best....! :D
Okay, one more: jeane(or_i_would_be_if_some_hussy_hadn't_stolen_my_user-name,_after_all,_i've_been_here_since_1997) :cool:

Back
Top Bottom