Site performance - anyone have slow loading header issues?

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Has anyone seen issues with the site header loading slowly recently? For example the header is blank for 10 seconds or longer then it suddenly loads. I'm investigating an issue with one of the ad providers.

For once Aztec Camera and I am in full agreement. I thought it was my internet connection. Thanks fot looking into this.

Is your favorite marinara sauce Rao's Homemade too? That's Morrissey's favorite when he is on the road without Nancy.

Is your favorite marinara sauce Rao's Homemade too? That's Morrissey's favorite when he is on the road without Nancy.

Love ya' AC. Believe it or not I am having angel hair pasta with Ragu Hearty Traditional sauce tonight. It's top mental how good it tastes on a cold day or after a long walk on Malibu Beach. I wouldn't be caught dead in a yankme's cap. Dodger blue for me sonny boy.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen issues with the site header loading slowly recently? For example the header is blank for 10 seconds or longer then it suddenly loads. I'm investigating an issue with one of the ad providers.

Yes. But it's not really blank. It's there but I recognize the slow loading and than it suddenly loads.
Not perfect but good enough.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm continuing to look into it. For now I'm disabling the problem ad on most of the pages until it gets resolved.

Apologies, just seen this.
The site is fine on computer.
On tablet and phone, the time it takes to call up the page can be very slow (connection / browser / isp issues ruled out).
My observation is that the more the site links off site on the front page - the longer the load. The tour page is painful on mobile if there are several tweets and YouTube links being posted in one thread page also. This became more noticeable after the change over and the news picked up a bit.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
FWD

Thanks for the feedback. Slowness caused by embedded photos / videos are more difficult to deal with as it depends on how large the items are and how fast those providers are to your specific geographical location. You mentioned it's not a connection issue - I haven't seen those issues, most sites are pretty fast (I'm in the US on AT&T LTE).

Apologies, just seen this.
The site is fine on computer.
On tablet and phone, the time it takes to call up the page can be very slow (connection / browser / isp issues ruled out).
My observation is that the more the site links off site on the front page - the longer the load. The tour page is painful on mobile if there are several tweets and YouTube links being posted in one thread page also. This became more noticeable after the change over and the news picked up a bit.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
FWD

Hi David,
I'm on 100 up 100 down fiber optic connection (UK) - gamers would die for my ping :)
The banner itself can be slow, but definitely on mobile (via Wi-Fi or 4G) the page can really slow right down. Similarly, embedded youtube videos can glitch, play out of synch or stutter - yet play without issue on YouTube itself.
If I remember, I will try and video a tablet or mobile loading of the main page url and post it here for you.
Kind regards,
FWD.

Hi David,
I'm on 100 up 100 down fiber optic connection (UK) - gamers would die for my ping :)
The banner itself can be slow, but definitely on mobile (via Wi-Fi or 4G) the page can really slow right down. similarly, embedded youtube videos can glitch, play out of synch or stutter - yet play without issue on youtube itself.
If I remember, I will try and video a tablet or mobile loading of the main page url and post it here for you.
Kind regards,
FWD.

" The banner itself can be slow, but definitely on mobile (via Wi-Fi or 4G) the page can really slow right down. similarly, embedded youtube videos can glitch, play out of synch or stutter - yet play without issue on youtube itself. "

This is exactly my experience. I use a tablet, WiFi and internet from a provider called ZIGGO.
I hope the info is helpful.
Appreciate your work

There were some network upgrades a day or two ago at the ISP so things might be a little faster now. It is based in Los Angeles so distance still is a factor. I am investigating moving off the servers and into a cloud-based solution but to serve from multiple locations would likely add to the cost of running the site significantly.

There were some network upgrades a day or two ago at the ISP so things might be a little faster now. It is based in Los Angeles so distance still is a factor. I am investigating moving off the servers and into a cloud-based solution but to serve from multiple locations would likely add to the cost of running the site significantly.
I don't understand this cyber-talk, but I approve.

David, I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue but I was just trying to click on some advertisement on this site, it was about American Glasses, I believe, just to see the glasses but I didn't get on their site.
I got a 401 error and was redirected to a website page that was nonspecific.
But by layout recognizable as a Morrissey-solo webpage.
I could leave that easily but by trying again was redirected to the same page.
It just might be if someone clicks on the advertisements and not getting there it might influence the site performance.

I tested a few ads and didn't see any issues so it was probably a problem with that specific ad. I'll check with the sponsors to make sure the code is working. Thanks for reporting and clicking :)

David, I don't know if this has anything to do with the issue but I was just trying to click on some advertisement on this site, it was about American Glasses, I believe, just to see the glasses but I didn't get on their site.
I got a 401 error and was redirected to a website page that was nonspecific.
But by layout recognizable as a Morrissey-solo webpage.
I could leave that easily but by trying again was redirected to the same page.
It just might be if someone clicks on the advertisements and not getting there it might influence the site performance.

Back
Top Bottom