Small request prior to tour

Famous when dead

Vulgarian
Not criticism intended of previous system - said in advance!
Without travelling down Memory Lane and wishing for pre & post gig threads...
Could the 'official' post-show for each gig be posted a few hours before it starts?
This would allow for build-up/crowd/venue pictures and allow people (myself included) to post 'as it happens' - which I intend to do.
I appreciate the logistics of time zones & who's about to create said. I'd rather not post something/create a separate thread to have it pasted in at a later time and just having that thread available from an hour prior to start would be very much appreciated.
Regards,
FWD.

Could the 'official' post-show for each gig be posted a few hours before it starts?
This would allow for build-up/crowd/venue pictures and allow people (myself included) to post 'as it happens' - which I intend to do.
I appreciate the logistics of time zones & who's about to create said. I'd rather not post something/create a separate thread to have it pasted in at a later time and just having that thread available from an hour prior to start would be very much appreciated.
Regards,
FWD.

What gigs are you going ?

Thanks for the suggestions and the reasoning.

The change wouldn't be hard but I think could make a big difference in the spirit of the post-show articles.

The idea of the post-show thread is the best aggregation of information related to the actual concert. In some ways I'd prefer if people enjoy the concerts and then relate their information and experiences afterwards. With the changes in social media and immediate postings I can see how the change makes sense and I'd be willing to make the change, how about 1 hour before showtime the post goes up?

This will probably work fine with UK shows but may not work so well in other areas. There could be more noise also with the articles going up sooner - more not so relevant photos / info, more people asking about what's happening. There could be 50+ posts on the setlist when before there would be just a few, so could be less efficient. I recall in the past a lot of 'So, did anyone attend the concert?" if there is low activity shortly after the article goes up.

Thanks for the suggestions and the reasoning.

The change wouldn't be hard but I think could make a big difference in the spirit of the post-show articles.

The idea of the post-show thread is the best aggregation of information related to the actual concert. In some ways I'd prefer if people enjoy the concerts and then relate their information and experiences afterwards. With the changes in social media and immediate postings I can see how the change makes sense and I'd be willing to make the change, how about 1 hour before showtime the post goes up?

This will probably work fine with UK shows but may not work so well in other areas. There could be more noise also with the articles going up sooner - more not so relevant photos / info, more people asking about what's happening. There could be 50+ posts on the setlist when before there would be just a few, so could be less efficient. I recall in the past a lot of 'So, did anyone attend the concert?" if there is low activity shortly after the article goes up.
Perfectly reasonable.
If it's abused, obviously nix it.
To be fair, the thread just needs to be there at the moment the gig ends if need be. Similarly, it could be useful if anything happens prior to curtain (cancelled/pre-gig vids/support band/merch) - as has been the case recently!
As ever, appreciated - it's no biggie at all, just something to prevent frustration if there's information to post with no thread to post it in. Probably need to work on my patience!
Cheers,
FWD.

Regards,
FWD.

'and allow people (myself included) to post 'as it happens' - which I intend to do.'

I'll be looking forward to that :). Tell us of any changes or what exactly is in the intro music/video showing, would be nice. I wonder if he'll say anything about Mark E Smiths passing, though I'm not holding my breath.

Will you be at tomorrows show ?

I'll be looking forward to pics of the "4ck BMG" T-Shirts on the merch stalls in the build up to the performance's. :tiphat: L O L !
Reckon he'll open with "The Crank is Dead"

Cause we must, ha ha ha !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I'm looking forward to the reports in general. He always seems to perform (yes, I know, he's not a trained seal) better coming off of times of adversity.
I'm hoping he comes out swinging and ready to bring it back to the music!

'and allow people (myself included) to post 'as it happens' - which I intend to do.'

I'll be looking forward to that :). Tell us of any changes or what exactly is in the intro music/video showing, would be nice. I wonder if he'll say anything about Mark E Smiths passing, though I'm not holding my breath.

Will you be at tomorrows show ?
Not tomorrow, but a few. I will try and memorialise at least one very well. The couple standing might not be so easy :)
Regards,
FWD.

I'd say this one little adjustment has been, overall, a success. It seems to have generated busier threads sooner and motivated myself a bit more too.
Thanks for the early post on each gig - I think it made a difference.
Kind regards,
FWD.

I'd say this one little adjustment has been, overall, a success. It seems to have generated busier threads sooner and motivated myself a bit more too.
Thanks for the early post on each gig - I think it made a difference.
Kind regards,
FWD.
agreed, worked well for UK tour, thanks

Back
Top Bottom