Smiths CD singles Box set

Good question.
In Passions was written that it'd be released this year. In a while, there's no official information.

Last edited:
I'm sure Stepten Street mentioned working with Johnny Marr on that

Stephen Street was talking about remastering the albums with Johnny Marr.

I received the first box today, and I must say that I'm disappointed. Apart from the "Live at the Oxford Apollo" tracks, there is nothing there that hadn't been on "The Sound Of The Smiths".

And there are quite a few errors:

- It's the album version of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side (again!)

- It's the alternate take of Stretch Out And Wait (on both singles!)

- Rubber Ring and Asleep are seperated tracks

I really don't understand why there always have to be so many errors on remasters/re-issues. I received the Housemartin's "London 0 Hull 4" Deluxe Edition today as well, and they too have clearly mislabled some tracks (still waiting for the original b-side version of Drop Down Dead).

Love the idea of CD singles. Is there a poster showing all art work?

You should learn to use search function.

If you type 'smiths vinyl box set', you find dozens threads, one of them has a photo posted by Uncleskinny in page 18-20.
Good luck.

I received the first box today, and I must say that I'm disappointed. Apart from the "Live at the Oxford Apollo" tracks, there is nothing there that hadn't been on "The Sound Of The Smiths".

I really don't understand why there always have to be so many errors on remasters/re-issues. I received the Housemartin's "London 0 Hull 4" Deluxe Edition today as well, and they too have clearly mislabled some tracks (still waiting for the original b-side version of Drop Down Dead).

You sound like Morrissey. I remember him going on a rant about how no matter how many times he sent back stuff to be corrected, they still always got it wrong.:D

You sound like Morrissey. I remember him going on a rant about how no matter how many times he sent back stuff to be corrected, they still always got it wrong.:D

A little off-topic, but this reminded me of some threads in the archive speculating who Moz would be if he was a poster on solo. Silly, but quite funny. :D

God, I must stop going off on a tangent today. :p

Can anybody tell me if the original cd single of "the Boy With The Thorn" has the two B sides(Rubber Ring and Asleep) blend in together as on the 12" version, as the cd in this collection doesn`t? :(

Thanks!

well,will there be part 2 of 7"singles boxset??
wouldnt it be very nice they all came in one boxset:confused:

nothing gets ever never completed!
always something new

i wont even bother to have all new smiths LPs coming out soon!

i'm sick of re-issues,re-masters and all of that re----

or new stuff or nothing:D

Can anybody tell me if the original cd single of "the Boy With The Thorn" has the two B sides(Rubber Ring and Asleep) blend in together as on the 12" version, as the cd in this collection doesn`t? :(

Thanks!

Yes, it does.

While I can live with the Rubber Ring/Asleep issue, I really can't understand why they put the wrong versions of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side and Stretch Out And Wait on those singles, and the latter even twice! I hope we'll get the correct versions one day!

Got my CD boxset in the post today......Didnt they say that Hand in Glove would be in the rare NEGITIVE sleeve? cause mine is not :(

Well, there are a few things that didn't make it onto The Sound of the Smiths. The remastered versions of the London "This Charming Man" mix, "Accept Yourself", the New York Instrumental, the single version of "What Difference Does It Make", Suffer Little Children, the edit of "How Soon is Now", "Well I Wonder", "What She Said", "Rubber Ring" and "Unloveable" - none of those made it onto the compilation.

But yeah, the errors are very strange. There's really no excuse for that. Although the split "Rubber Ring - Asleep" bothers me much less than the other mistakes you mentioned. Also, I'm pretty sure they've put the two versions of "How Soon is Now" on the wrong discs, although I'd have to check that.

Despite all that, I hope there is a second box-set. Any news?

Back
Top Bottom