Smiths night in Leeds

B

Blushing Caligula

It sounded like a great night at the S&G.
I went to the Smiths night in Leeds in October and it was good but we could have done with a few more people there.
Does anyone have any plans to attend the next one in Leeds (January)?
I'd love to meet some more fellow deciples!

Smiths night in LONDON

c'mon there are millions of people living down here...

HAVE ONE IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!......someone....please....

Re: Smiths night in LONDON

> c'mon there are millions of people living down here...

> HAVE ONE IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!......someone....please....

Organise one yourself then. It isnt difficult...all you need is a venue, some cds and a pa.

Piece of piss.

i'd throw one in nashville but...

it would probably be only me and three of my friends, who just came to humor me. i'm a lonely fan in tennessee....

boo-friggin'-hoo.

> Organise one yourself then. It isnt difficult...all you need is a venue,
> some cds and a pa.

> Piece of piss.

There is a night in the pipeline planned for a smiths disco, but if anything will come of it i dont know. With the people who are organising it, i should think it will. But it still won't be as good as the S & G, although it isnt as special as it was with all the new faces every time coming and the immature troublemakers, i feel like an old man in there now :p

> There is a night in the pipeline planned for a smiths disco, but if
> anything will come of it i dont know. With the people who are organising
> it, i should think it will. But it still won't be as good as the S &
> G, although it isnt as special as it was with all the new faces every time
> coming and the immature troublemakers, i feel like an old man in there now
> :p

An old man at 20!!
I must be pensionable then

Re: Smiths night in LONDON (BLUENOSE!!!)

yep bluenose, get ya o.a.p card ready for blakey to check

> c'mon there are millions of people living down here...

> HAVE ONE IN LONDON!!!!!!!!!......someone....please....

One is in the pipeline, the only problem so far is the folks who run the venues in London town aren't that arsed, I'm feel like I'm flogging a dead horse but I'm not giving up.

By the way the next one in Leeds is on the 24th Jan. It's a bigger venue than the S&G,so it seems a bit quieter but atleast you can get to the bar and back without spilling your drink.

Do you think there would be a market for one in Reading? I'd happily join forces with you to promote and stage a one-off Smiths extravaganza at the Legendary After Dark should you be interested....

> Do you think there would be a market for one in Reading? I'd happily join
> forces with you to promote and stage a one-off Smiths extravaganza at the
> Legendary After Dark should you be interested....

That doesn't sound like a bad idea.

> That doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Reading!? You'll get a better response in london I'd argue.. Surprised there's not a place like this in camden or somewhere equally bohemian.

If I were at home, I'd offer to help.

WIth my skill on the ekko dex how could it ever fail..

Ruffian

I reckon it would be a roaring success. Went to their 'classic indie' night caled Fools Gold a few weeks ago and had to queue for over 1 hour to get in. It was madness. Every other week the music is generally awful to ok and still people religiously go along, I reckon the usual crowd would turn out anyway and a bit of promotional work should see the place jumping for a Smiths/Moz night.

Drop me an e-mail if the the idea genuinely tickles your fancy and we'll set the wheels in motion...

I agree with Ruffian that a London night would generate more committed fans but not having transport its impossible for me to get equipment to and from a venue and from what you said earlier the venues don't appear to be too impressed.

Back
Top Bottom