Smiths Torrent site?

Does anyone know what is going on with the Smiths torrent site?

The only available section is chat.

Before, there were several sections available but aren't anymore.
DavidA did say he was surprised that it's still going (hence the google archive project). I just checked some random audio & video threads and there's a few good eggs seeding and everything looks how I remember when visiting.
Regards,
FWD.

As of 1pm UK time:
20200408_130925.jpg

Hey Thanks!

I just tried another browser and realized that my default browser wasn't working properly.

I should have tried some simple troubleshooting!

Thanks again.

DavidA from Smithstorrents here.

I must admit that I’m guilty of letting it rot, so I’m not surprised that things aren’t quite working. It’s not a fun task to keep it on life support but if I’m brave enough I’ll look into this issue.

I’d close the site was it not for the fact that I don’t have any of the Morrissey solo content and I’m worried that someone might lose something forever if it just closed. FWD, do you think you have all the useful content from there?

DavidA from Smithstorrents here.

I must admit that I’m guilty of letting it rot, so I’m not surprised that things aren’t quite working. It’s not a fun task to keep it on life support but if I’m brave enough I’ll look into this issue.

I’d close the site was it not for the fact that I don’t have any of the Morrissey solo content and I’m worried that someone might lose something forever if it just closed. FWD, do you think you have all the useful content from there?
Not all unfortunately - just down to seeders being too infrequent.
There's things I've been trying to pull down for literally years!
I think we can piece a lot of it together though as a group effort.
Regards,
FWD.

A guy said on smiths torrents that he had a first gen tape of the 1997 maladjusted Kroq Modern Rock Live about five years ago. I'd love those in better than 128kbps. Can I appeal for those songs?

A guy said on smiths torrents that he had a first gen tape of the 1997 maladjusted Kroq Modern Rock Live about five years ago. I'd love those in better than 128kbps. Can I appeal for those songs?
This has appeared mainly in 2 places - SMC which included the intro/comments between tracks (@320) and the WAVs from Smiths Torrents (seed still live right now).
I believe they are 2 different sources (could be wrong) and one of them served as the source for the circulated/sold bootleg mislabelled as KROQ.
It was shared here a long time ago in the cobwebbed recesses of the archive at 128 kbps, but you will find the 320 kbps version sounds good:

and the WAV (180mb) version for good measure - to encode how you like (remembering that bit rate won't improve the taped radio source):

Regards,
FWD.

This has appeared mainly in 2 places - SMC which included the intro/comments between tracks (@320) and the WAVs from Smiths Torrents (seed still live right now).
I believe they are 2 different sources (could be wrong) and one of them served as the source for the circulated/sold bootleg mislabelled as KROQ.
It was shared here a long time ago in the cobwebbed recesses of the archive at 128 kbps, but you will find the 320 kbps version sounds good:

and the WAV (180mb) version for good measure - to encode how you like (remembering that bit rate won't improve the taped radio source):

Regards,
FWD.

Thank you for these! I've seen them circulated and mislabelled as BBC too. Chris Kushmider physically taped the show in 1997 and was on the bootleg circuit with 2nd gen ones (It's a shame yahoo killed geocities). It's that digital "wind" sound on the high end that makes me think those early rips of the tapes suffered some late 90s compression or maybe it was broadcast like that. I'm going to try reach out to people who might still have a cassette and see if they can rip it with today's tech.
I'm no sound genius so pardon my layman's terms.

Thank you for these! I've seen them circulated and mislabelled as BBC too. Chris Kushmider physically taped the show in 1997 and was on the bootleg circuit with 2nd gen ones (It's a shame yahoo killed geocities). It's that digital "wind" sound on the high end that makes me think those early rips of the tapes suffered some late 90s compression or maybe it was broadcast like that. I'm going to try reach out to people who might still have a cassette and see if they can rip it with today's tech.
I'm no sound genius so pardon my layman's terms.
I believe there's some mic & amplifier whine in these too - I can't recall without digging around, but there's a similar example during another session and it's probably more down to the station than anything at the listening end.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom