Smiths will reform

i dont think boz would be insulted even if disappointed by the temporary break and thats a maybe at best. i dont think itll happen for a number of reasons but in the end hes a big boy and knows the score

There's no way Moz would leave out Jesse.

This 'reunion' deal is getting worse all the time. Next offer will be with Morrissey's current band, only with Johnny stood at the back with a bag of shame on his head, and forced to wear a T-shirt saying 'We Hates Bryan Ferry'.

I think a Morrissey/Marr reunion would have made sense 5 years ago. Both were playing or writing very similar (or at least, compatible) music at the time.

I think that right now Johnny is very happy where he's at. Being the lead singer in his own band, doing what he wants. I don't see this happening anymore. Maybe a one off if Morrissey was really sick (and I don't want this to happen).

Need I say more? Morrissey was what made the Smiths special. The Smiths were just the first part of his long career. Effectively they were just the original line up of Morrissey's backing band. His ongoing success and the limited or lack of success of the others proves the point. History will remember The Smiths because of Morrissey and not Morrissey because of The Smiths.

That's not entirely true. You cannot measure the value of a band member out of his solo successes/failures or else the Rolling Stones would be mostly crap. It's the chemistry within a band that makes it work. And the Morrissey/Marr chemistry was, well... one of the best ever.

well morrissey has replicated that chemistry with many people and it still sounded like the smiths if not as intricate or intimate etc and i havent seen many others do that. thats an accomplishment in and of itself. personally i imagine marr to be just as difficult to work with back in the days of the smiths. i feel the smiths would be a very different band with marr the dominant partner and more plain really. more right on rock and roll. morrisseys personality and thoughtfulness was the future while marrs yeah rock and roll attitude was the present very quickly becoming the past. i really dont like disclaimers on what everyone should know and recognize as speculation but for the sake of averting all the you dont knwo you werent there comments sure to come, well im not making that claim

Who knows what would motivate a reunion? We're all different, and have different reasons. Perhaps they would take the probably obscene money that would be offered and give it to charity, (a la Bill Gates), or burn it in protest (see the KLF).

No other reunion would ever match it and, well, maybe they know it's always there if they all agree. The music world would turn
on its axis.

Not that I'm comparing, but for some one offs, the Roses, Led Zeppelin, etc. they all happened. Oasis is a Probably Maybe.

That's not entirely true. You cannot measure the value of a band member out of his solo successes/failures or else the Rolling Stones would be mostly crap. It's the chemistry within a band that makes it work. And the Morrissey/Marr chemistry was, well... one of the best ever.

this could turn into abstract discussion.

anon poster to whom you replied obviously thinks that, with his presence and talent, morrissey outmatches all members of 'the smiths'.

i agree with he/her to a certain point except about perception of 'the smiths' - they were not only morrissey & marr but ALL four/five:) of them.

mo&ma were creative source and core of the band while others knew perfectly how to adjust their parts to make them sound comprehensive.

i think it's not fair to pretend as if they didn't exist.

i think, also, that morrissey has superbly strong and suggestive artistic personality which makes him look as he sometimes 'outweigths himself'.
don't laugh at me and think this is contradiction or absurdity, it's proven with odium he was exposed to from the day he 'started' being 'famous'.

he is loved and adored by nation of dispersed fans who acknowledged emotion and talent he selflessly gives but diminished (or even annulled) by those who want to explain or level all with their own weaknesses or lack of any sort of potential. but 'they' mark it as 'criteria'. :D

p.s. i hope i was clear because english is not my native language.

Who knows what would motivate a reunion? We're all different, and have different reasons. Perhaps they would take the probably obscene money that would be offered and give it to charity, (a la Bill Gates), or burn it in protest (see the KLF).

No other reunion would ever match it and, well, maybe they know it's always there if they all agree. The music world would turn
on its axis.

Not that I'm comparing, but for some one offs, the Roses, Led Zeppelin, etc. they all happened. Oasis is a Probably Maybe.

didnt oasis already happen like twice

hmm, i seem to remember after the second album reading that they, liam and noel, got into a fist fight and broke up only to make up like a month later. same again after the third but i dont know whats considered a real break up and whats just considered a fight and loud talk. i guess when you break or end the contract perhaps thats when the band is considered broken up officially

Really? I didn't know that.......

no, i think they won't.

but you are free to spit at morrissey or at another poster - it is the main purpose of this place, now i see. :rofl: :rofl:

it's hypocritically defined as "freedom of speech". :rofl:

Don't know about Smiths but I hear Slaughter and the dogs are playing a gig and a certain guitarist will join them for a song....

Back
Top Bottom