Smiths will reform

As long as Morrissey can still do a UK enormo-dome arena tour as a solo artist, then no - he won't.
It's all about the cing-ching-ching, and he can still make those cash registers ring without having to split it with Johnny.

Actually, if morrissey was all about the money he would have taken the millions he was offered to reform with Johnny.

Let's face it- the $40k he gets per show isn't all pocketed- he pays taxes and the salaries, food and travel of 22 people.

I have mixed feelings about a reunion. Even tho i think it would be awkward to see them together again (and impossible lbr), i would like them to do a few gigs. Or at least Moz and Johnny <3

It would be very lucrative for him to reform. I'm TENFOUR. I know these things.

Morrissey, for lack of a better term, IS The Smiths. Always was. The rest just didn't realize it. When will you get this?

The Smiths = Morrissey, Gannon, Rourke, Marr, Joyce and is < Morrissey (solo) (not to be confused with morrissey-solow). Endeth the lesson.

Ian A. L. Tyhew

We've heard it all before, but as I keep saying, it's the ONLY thing Morrissey can do. I have always been certain it will happen someday.

P.

Absolute drivel. Morrissey can do anything people will always be interested

Yes, Mike Joyce had his moments, and Andy Rourke had a very large influence on the sound...BUT the fact remains that virtually no-one would boycott a Smiths 'reunion' without them. In terms of raking in the cash on some godawful reunion tour, Morrissey+Marr+faceless session bassist and drummer would rake in just as many $$$$$$$$ as the original foursome.

I can't see Marr wanting to do it without his old best friend Andy.
And I can't see Moz wanting to do it with his hated enemy Joyce.
Three is the maximum anyone could possibly wish for.

If they really are going to sell out at this late stage, I reckon they should be as blatant as possible, and replace Joyce with Phil Collins. Or maybe Animal from the Muppets.

I'd say Morrissey values his testicles too much to ever reform The Smiths, (now that he gets to use them for all those humasexual romps and whatnot.)

They will reform, but without Andy and Mike. They will go out as "Morrissey & Marr of The Smiths" in the UK, for legal reasons, but will be billed as "The Smiths" in the rest of the world.

They will reform, but without Andy and Mike. They will go out as "Morrissey & Marr of The Smiths" in the UK, for legal reasons, but will be billed as "The Smiths" in the rest of the world.
Rubbish. I've been reliably informed by an industry insider that The Smiths will reform, but without Morrissey and Marr. Joining Andy and Mike to complete the lineup will be Bernard Butler on guitar and Mick Hucknall on vocals. Tickets go on sale next month.

I wont happen. I wish i wont happen Either. Sure it would be lukrative but it would not truly be the Smiths. All of them have changed. Physically, emotionally, musically and their values. Morrissey is not at all the same man from the 80s neither is marr Joyce or rourke! It would look more like a tribute band or a middle aged karoke group.
The Smiths was something short but truly beautiful, an institution. Should we really ruin just for money or to cater to newbie rich Smiths fans and old ones who wants to re-live it all. Can't something just stay as a beautiful memory. Does it have to go old rock cliche. Save the reunions for the oasis and blur of the world, who are more on a break that a break-up
The Smiths are long dead, died young and beautiful just like morrissey hero James Dean
everything nowadays are either sequel or remake. Jurassic park, twin peaks, arcive X, muppets, gone with the wind, blur and much more
Leave somethings unspoilt and challenge yourselfs. Life goes on and something are more important that money or please the public

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that they could have done it some time ago. If they wanted the money, they could have. But both Marr and Morrissey have been doing other stuff. I do believe, I really do, that there is a real inevitability about a reformation. I see it as the logical conclusion. Not just for the keeping-the-name-in-the-news, but, more than anything else, it's something to do. I don't mind being out on a limb on this.

P.

I agree that they could have done it some time ago. If they wanted the money, they could have. But both Marr and Morrissey have been doing other stuff. I do believe, I really do, that there is a real inevitability about a reformation. I see it as the logical conclusion. Not just for the keeping-the-name-in-the-news, but, more than anything else, it's something to do. I don't mind being out on a limb on this.

P.

Something to do ... to destroy their legacy! Apart from that, tell Morrissey that it is "something to do" and he is most certainly instantly put off (well, he already is but you know what I mean).

Johnny Marr promised a while ago that the Smiths would reform if David Cameron resigned as Prime Minister. Well, there's a General Election in the UK in just under three weeks, following which, David Cameron will probably resign as Prime Minister.

I don't think Johnny would make a promise like that unless he knew he could deliver, so we can confidently expect The Smiths to be reforming within the next couple of months, I would say.

Johnny Marr promised a while ago that the Smiths would reform if David Cameron resigned as Prime Minister.

Johnny forbade Cameron to like the Smiths.
Well, I forbid Johnny to reform them.

See Johnny? Anyone can be the Guardian of Values. ;)

Back
Top Bottom