So which was the best night???

Just wondering what folks thought. I made only the friday show, but my friend saw friday and sunday.

he said tonight was very good but not the raging beast that was friday.

it seems like all the shows were great but out of 5 top shelf nyc shows, what do folks think was the tip top top shelf show? I realize its hard to pick just one out of so much goodness, but please try if you dont mind or if you have the notion.

for me it was friday.

reason being: I am 41 and have seen my small share of rock, pop, and a whole helluva lot of other type of musical events ....but friday was an incredible experience that is easily in the top 2 or 5 shows i have ever been to. maybe even a close first place. whether you like anthems, ballads, jazz, folk, opera, pop, rock, or jams, friday had it all to me. It was a beautiful & brutal controlled force of nature. I feel i have been changed for the rest of my life.

Have to admit, i am proudful of my live show and/or recording experiences, and look to be impressed (although i am no better than the next person), and morrissey & his band of merry pranksters easily equaled, if not bested, most of the shows i had experienced in the last 25 yrs.

Also, i expect when a group or performer plays NYC, they need to be at the top of their game (no offense to other cities or venues, but thats how i have always understood things to be, and i believe alot of other NYers do too. sorry for being sorta obnoxious about the hometown/regional pride and all)

so was it just the pints and shots or was friday as good as i remember it??? :) :confused: :eek: :)

oops my bad. if someone could ask management to close/lock/delete this thread i would greatly appreciate it. This was rushed and i didnt realize it was in wrong thread location. should be under Hammerstein thread.

sorry again folks.

Just wondering

So which was the best night??? Hammerstein NYC 2007

Just wondering what folks thought. I made only the friday show, but my friend saw friday and sunday.

he said tonight was very good but not the raging beast that was friday.

it seems like all the shows were great but out of 5 top shelf nyc shows, what do folks think was the tip top top shelf show? I realize its hard to pick just one out of so much goodness, but please try if you dont mind or if you have the notion.

for me it was friday.

reason being: I am 41 and have seen my small share of rock, pop, and a whole helluva lot of other type of musical events ....but friday was an incredible experience that is easily in the top 2 or 5 shows i have ever been to. maybe even a close first place. whether you like anthems, ballads, jazz, folk, opera, pop, rock, or jams, friday had it all to me. It was a beautiful & brutal controlled force of nature. I feel i have been changed for the rest of my life.

Have to admit, i am proudful of my live show and/or recording experiences, and look to be impressed (although i am no better than the next person), and morrissey & his band of merry pranksters easily equaled, if not bested, most of the shows i had experienced in the last 25 yrs.

Also, i expect when a group or performer plays NYC, they need to be at the top of their game (no offense to other cities or venues, but thats how i have always understood things to be, and i believe alot of other NYers do too. sorry for being sorta obnoxious about the hometown/regional pride and all). Morrissey and the boyz did just that for me, this past friday.

so was it just the pints and shots or was friday as good as i remember it??? :):confused::eek::)

ps yeah i screwed up and originally posted this under general discussion thread. sorry about that folks. I was rushing things. if someone could get managment to delete/lock that thread I would greatly appreciate it. my bad.

Re: So which was the best night??? Hammerstein NYC 2007

For me t'was Sat. So nice of Mozza to have us! tonight was a great show - but wow am I tired and even a bit runny nosed (germs in the crowd?) Every night was different so it is hard to say... unique show every time it seemed to me, each with its own vibe and feel.

time to climb into bed - and crash!

should I be terrible and tell you that I am going to sleep in his shirt? :p :D

Saturday was the best performance in my opinion. That was the best Irish Blood and National Front Disco I've ever seen. Also nearly the best Jack The Ripper. Not the best show overall that I've seen, but definitely one of the best performances ever.

The overall best was either Tuesday or Friday. Both were just crazy and great. A truly good show experience.

For me t'was Sat. So nice of Mozza to have us! tonight was a great show - but wow am I tired and even a bit runny nosed (germs in the crowd?) Every night was different so it is hard to say... unique show every time it seemed to me, each with its own vibe and feel.

time to climb into bed - and crash!

should I be terrible and tell you that I am going to sleep in his shirt? :p :D

now thats not nice!:eek: :D

Saturday was the best performance in my opinion. That was the best Irish Blood and National Front Disco I've ever seen. Also nearly the best Jack The Ripper. Not the best show overall that I've seen, but definitely one of the best performances ever.

The overall best was either Tuesday or Friday. Both were just crazy and great. A truly good show experience.

cool! 3 for friday.

ok, and 2 for Tues, and one each for all the rest.

Tuesday was my favorite night..so much energy in the crowd..I think a big determining factor in show enjoyment depends on where you stand and how many a-holes are around you..

Friday was the only night I missed, but every night with Morrissey is spectacular, and different. Monday was relatively mellow and gentle, but his version of "Last Night I Dreamt" was one of the best things I've ever seen him do. Tuesday was raucous and spirited - pretty spectacular. Saturday was the weakest, I thought, but still miles ahead of almost anyone else I can think of. Yesterday did it for me, though, Morrissey and the band outdid themselves.

I'm so glad you had a great time. Most of my friends who were Smiths fans, or who have great memories of him did not want to go this time around, fearing the worst. The one who did go with me on Saturday, who last saw him in '91, thought he was as wonderful now as he was then, albeit in a different kind of way.

I spent most of my life on stage, and I'm pretty jaded, but Morrissey just blows EVERYONE else out of the water in his own, inimitable way. I've seen great performances from so many other bands, but The Man just projects his inner self in a way no one else can match. He's the only person who still leaves me with a sense of absolute awe.

Plus he smells soooooooooo good.

:D

Couldn't make a poll eh?

Then again you are a 'newbie' newbie.

Someone should redo this thread as a poll. Just sayin.

Couldn't make a poll eh?

Then again you are a 'newbie' newbie.

Someone should redo this thread as a poll. Just sayin.

You're absolutely right. I realized i screwed up on that. i never tried one on any message board. i didnt want to further screw things up. just call me "newbie novice."

I was at the Tuesday, Friday and Sunday show....and i thought Sunday was the best

wow, that must of been great. i have heard goodthings about it. maybe friday was just the high energy show out of the run. i needed a high energy show. i think its tie between friday and sunday. i will do tally later tonight if i have time.

work/school/sucks.

I agree with alot you said.thanks for your observations. Morrissey's inner self is was also got to me last friday, combined with a great musical experience that he and his band projected. Considering i wasin the balcony ,he still reached out a touch everyone. Friday seemed like it was similar to Tues. I love raucousy/spirited type shows. I really didnt want lounge-morrissey this friday, not that i would have minded one, but I wanted more of a roughboys type performance, which he more than delivered, especially with his wrecking crew. Yet he still evoked that the contemplative as well as passionate side to his character that made for a great all-round musical performance. you could tell he really appreciates his audience.

Friday was the only night I missed, but every night with Morrissey is spectacular, and different. Monday was relatively mellow and gentle, but his version of "Last Night I Dreamt" was one of the best things I've ever seen him do. Tuesday was raucous and spirited - pretty spectacular. Saturday was the weakest, I thought, but still miles ahead of almost anyone else I can think of. Yesterday did it for me, though, Morrissey and the band outdid themselves.

I'm so glad you had a great time. Most of my friends who were Smiths fans, or who have great memories of him did not want to go this time around, fearing the worst. The one who did go with me on Saturday, who last saw him in '91, thought he was as wonderful now as he was then, albeit in a different kind of way.

I spent most of my life on stage, and I'm pretty jaded, but Morrissey just blows EVERYONE else out of the water in his own, inimitable way. I've seen great performances from so many other bands, but The Man just projects his inner self in a way no one else can match. He's the only person who still leaves me with a sense of absolute awe.

Plus he smells soooooooooo good.

:D

Back
Top Bottom