Social media log in?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

Most sites and forums these days enable social media log ins, where you essentially sync up your Facebook or Twitter with the site's registration in order to create a profile and post content. I'm just wondering if you've ever considered adding this function to the forum, David?

Using Facebook to login was available for a couple years but I disabled it as it was causing some latency issues with page loading. The API has changed so the issues may have been fixed, so I may consider restoring it. It wasn't used that much however and no one mentioned missing it when it was disabled a couple years ago.

Post from June 2013:
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/128185-Facebook-integration-on-the-site-disabled

Most sites and forums these days enable social media log ins, where you essentially sync up your Facebook or Twitter with the site's registration in order to create a profile and post content. I'm just wondering if you've ever considered adding this function to the forum, David?

Hi David,
Times have changed now, (two years) and it would encourage more users me thinks.

The new Facebook API change requires the latest updated vBulletin version. I was planning on updating during a break after the tour, I'll include turning back on the Facebook integration at that time.

Hi David,
Times have changed now, (two years) and it would encourage more users me thinks.

Site has been upgraded to vBulletin version 4.2.3 that includes the updated Facebook integration which has now been enabled. Enjoy :)

Back
Top Bottom