Some Girls... & recent live Smiths tracks via Qobuz downloads

They were sold one at a time as part of a promotion for the album. They are not an album in themselves. My mp3 player has a similar folder to above as the tracks were presented here through someone's kindness as they bought and shared them.
If you have a source that has them bundled together as an actual album via official sources, I'd be extremely keen to see it - that just appears to be an iPod with the stuff here place in it.
Other than that, this was done to direct people to the Smiths 'official' web URL, generate hype for the box set and included some online 'memories' via hashtags. I don't believe that any of that was to include a selective live date release to be included with the main offering.
Not all 'shop' routes to these sold MP3s even list all of the tracks for sale and don't forget Take 1 of TIALTNGO & Rubber Ring/WSS Great Woods Center were also offered in the build up.
It was a marketing ploy to generate interest with a bonus that people could give them extra money for one-offs.
Regards,
FWD.

Thank you very much for the fast reply ! I read it immediately but as on a hurry, I forgot to answer ! No there not an official source. What intrigued me was the Album name tag and that's why I rushed in to the forum; if the songs are only gonna be "released" individually, for me album name tag should be as given in the same way as displayed by spotify (ie "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others (Live)").

Presumably that must mean that 'The Smiths' (whatever that actually constitutes, these days), must have at least all these gigs in decent soundboard quality sitting in the archives, and have just cherry-picked these tracks for promotional release.

I'd love to hear the full shows, but I guess it must be tricky knowing how to release and market so much live stuff. Maybe a live CD boxset at some point? Or is that too niche?

Presumably that must mean that 'The Smiths' (whatever that actually constitutes, these days), must have at least all these gigs in decent soundboard quality sitting in the archives, and have just cherry-picked these tracks for promotional release.

I'd love to hear the full shows, but I guess it must be tricky knowing how to release and market so much live stuff. Maybe a live CD boxset at some point? Or is that too niche?

I guess it depends on a lot of factors such as sales? Its a nice idea though. My guess is another re-issue campaign off the back of this as its been well promoted and well received by the press etc. Maybe Meat Is Murder next up with an extra Live CD? Example could be something like.... classic BBC broadcast of Oxford Apollo. Either way I guess Warners will want to recoup as much as they can.

Queen is Dead Live "track per week" songs taken off streaming services/unavailable for purchase?

Hi guys, long time fan and collector here!

Has anyone else noticed the live tracks are now gone from everywhere except youtube?

I thought I had a complete set of them downloaded in .flac but somehow missed "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others"! I have a copy of the song from a few old CD singles but it's so much quieter than the other download tracks, so when I burn them to CD it's like half the volume.

Does anyone have a copy of the original 2017 flac download they can provide? Thanks so much :)

Queen is Dead Live "track per week" songs taken off streaming services/unavailable for purchase?

Hi guys, long time fan and collector here!

Has anyone else noticed the live tracks are now gone from everywhere except youtube?

I thought I had a complete set of them downloaded in .flac but somehow missed "Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others"! I have a copy of the song from a few old CD singles but it's so much quieter than the other download tracks, so when I burn them to CD it's like half the volume.

Does anyone have a copy of the original 2017 flac download they can provide? Thanks so much :)

Will sort this evening if nobody is forthcoming.
Regards,
FWD.

Smith live Apple Music

Hi fans does anyone know we’re I can get these Smiths live songs that came out during the anniversary edition of the queen is dead “ there gone from Apple Music please help a lonely soul out 😭

Attachments

• A962CD1F-BEA5-428A-8D22-DBB04140D8DE.jpeg
    A962CD1F-BEA5-428A-8D22-DBB04140D8DE.jpeg
    700.3 KB · Views: 0
The 10 live tracks in FLAC:
(Not included: TIALTNGO Take 1 - as easily available officially).

How they became MP3s and/or where they ended up being shared elsewhere - meh.
They were shared as FLAC & WAV here and as far as I know, all other sources (unless bought) are derived from the initial share here.
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom