something ive noticed about moz's support bands and newer bands he likes

xfranklyx

no hope no harm
they seem to always have in their myspace influences "the smiths" or "morrissey"

you think thats a determining factor on him liking them?

can you tell im bored on a friday night. someone please save me.

I'm sure one of the requirements is that they are in awe of
Morrissey and they would be happy to bow when he enters the room:)

OOoooh - can I be an opening band? :p

they seem to always have in their myspace influences "the smiths" or "morrissey"

I'd be inclined to think it is, but more-so from the perspective that being influenced by Morrissey or The Smiths, their music style isn't likely be out of place at the start of one of his concerts. For example, you can hardly picture a band that models their music on genres like rap or country opening for Morrissey, can you? :)

I'm sure one of the requirements is that they are in awe of Morrissey and they would be happy to bow when he enters the room:)

I just had a mental image of a roomful of hopeful opening acts bowing at his feet, chanting "we are not worthy!". :D

But then again, who is? ;)

I'd be inclined to think it is, but more-so from the perspective that being influenced by Morrissey or The Smiths, their music style isn't likely be out of place at the start of one of his concerts. For example, you can hardly picture a band that models their music on genres like rap or country opening for Morrissey, can you? :)

I just had a mental image of a roomful of hopeful opening acts bowing at his feet, chanting "we are not worthy!". :D

Great post! :thumb: Welcome to solo :)

This is it, I think. Also, he picks opening acts that he likes the style and music of- so the artists he chooses will have attributes similar to those he admires and therefore incorporates (or has incorporated in the past) into his own work.

Back in the 90s there was a phenomenon known as if Morrissey chooses you as his support or professed to lking your music then your music career was doomed/ cursed eg Echobelly, Marion, The Would-Bes etc etc

Suffice to say nothing much has changed since then.

This is it, I think. Also, he picks opening acts that he likes the style and music of- so the artists he chooses will have attributes similar to those he admires and therefore incorporates (or has incorporated in the past) into his own work.

I think you'll find the word is narcissism

I think it might seem like narcism but it's not. He's looking for something familiar perhaps, but I'm not sure he's the type that would expect people to grovel and bow. He's more complicated than we give him credit for, unfortunately I think the specialness of being him(see some of my weirder threads for more info) is read as being an ego douche when he isn't. :rolleyes: Like all that difficltness of touring with him and dietary requirements and whatnot? He's "doing stuff." He's not like what this thread conveys. I don't think, anyway.

I think it might seem like narcism but it's not. He's looking for something familiar perhaps, but I'm not sure he's the type that would expect people to grovel and bow. He's more complicated than we give him credit for, unfortunately I think the specialness of being him(see some of my weirder threads for more info) is read as being an ego douche when he isn't. :rolleyes: Like all that difficltness of touring with him and dietary requirements and whatnot? He's "doing stuff." He's not like what this thread conveys. I don't think, anyway.

I agree with CrystalGeezer on this. There seems to be a common misconception (amongst non-fans, at least) that Morrissey is this pompous egomaniac, but I don't believe that's the case at all. He's a complex creature, and unfortunately we live in a society that tends to embrace only what is simple and easily comprehended...pretty much the antithesis of Morrissey. I also think some people are very quick to shoot him down because they feel somehow threatened by him - whether it be because of his social/political opinions, his intellect, his non-conformity, the nature of his sexuality, or any number of other reasons.
But that's probably another topic altogether... :)

Aren't we all in awe of him... that just shows discerning taste!
As for genuflecting.... sure that's just to hide the inability to speak or coordinate movement in his presence. Being appointed as his support act surely wouldn't remove the feeling of unworthiness folk must feel when in his presence?... that feeling is on them not him... it's out of his control!:thumb:

:thumb::thumb:

I think it's important to be influenced by Morrissey/Smiths, 'cause if they'll be Morrissey's support band they need to have something common to feature for Morrissey's crowd. Can you imagine if Morrissey's support bands were influenced by Metallica, for example? I'm pretty sure that liking him is one of determining factor for a band to be chosen as support artist.
Dolls and Kicks or even The Dears are the most influenced by Moz, you cannot deny it, but I couldn't stand listening artists really different from what Morrissey does.

Re: Such A good Lookin' Wooo . . . man . . .

Yes, I thought Joe Dolan was great and I've got him along with Morrissey on My Space! Groovey baby - :):thumb::)

You make my heart go giddy-up

I Love you M.

IX

I don't have to picture that one. He's already done it. The Well Oiled Sisters supported on the Your Arsenal (UK leg at least) tour.

Back
Top Bottom