Song Of The Day

The Jeep Song - The Dresden Dolls

This is probably one of my all time favourite tracks:

The Jeep Song - Dresden Dolls

Because of their appearance, the Dolls are often seen as 'goth' or 'depressing' when really, Amanda Palmer is a clever and witty lyricist. Remind you of anyone?!

This is one of the musically lighter tracks from their debut, so light in fact that one could, if they felt like it, sing "The Wind Beneath My Wings" over it....come back...! The song is actually reminiscent of a 60's girl group track with backing 'ba-ba-ba's', which always go down well. The song concerns how the narrator feels whenever she sees a motor vehicle that resembles that of an ex, i.e. the eponymous Jeep. The lyrics are bittersweet and something almost everyone can relate to. We've all been in the position when we spot our ex, or someone who resembles them whilst out and about and the emotions that can cause....or not.

There are a few interesting tricks in the track as well, such as a hilarious reference to "Paint It, Black". Hand on heart, I believe this track to have some of the best lyrics written since who knows when, every line makes me smile or sigh, and, a tune to blast out. Enjoy (hopefully)

Thanks, just too bad that the youtube link has been removed:( . You don't think that you can find another?

Oh, didn't know it had been taken off youtube. Did you download the track, I could upload that again if it's no longer available.

Oh, didn't know it had been taken off youtube. Did you download the track, I could upload that again if it's no longer available.

I'd love too but I ain't at home, it's a friends computer. I'll check tomorrow.

Cheers

That was fun!!!!

I listen a lot to JOSEF K - chance meeting and MONOCHROME SET - jet set junta (it's a shame, but i don't know how to upload songs... sorry)

Josef K as in "The Trial"? The easiest way is to copy the address from a youtube clip with that artist. Otherwise you could try www.megaupload.com, with help of the instructions it's quite easy.

Cheers

i think it works! the link i mean. thank you chartress, it was easy afterall! you were so kind to advise me the only logical thing to do ( to read the instructions on megaplaud! i am a bit lazy sometimes.)
here you go, dedicated to you of course!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OG8SUNYI

jet set junta - the monochrome set

p.s. the funny thing is that for the last month whenever i try to download sth from megaupload it always says "All download slots assigned to your country (Greece) are currently in use. " IT'S NOT FAIR!

Here's a twofer song of the day.
First we have Miss Kitten with a pastiche of Depeche Mode and Soft Cell in a number she calls 1982. It's a fingersnapper!
That one and this one are both produced by DJ Hell. This is Mount Sims and How We Do. If these two tracks don't make you want to step it up a notch you're lost to me. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Low Happening Howling Bells

They look like they should be in a Gap advert though. Still good gig.

THE MIGHTY FALL MONDAY.... anyone need a ticket??? 17 face value... willing to selll for £10

Here's a twofer song of the day.
First we have Miss Kitten with a pastiche of Depeche Mode and Soft Cell in a number she calls 1982. It's a fingersnapper!
That one and this one are both produced by DJ Hell. This is Mount Sims and How We Do. If these two tracks don't make you want to step it up a notch you're lost to me. :)

Dave has excellent taste in music :)
dave2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom