Song recommendations?

Peeks

So a friend of mine listened to the soundtrack for the movie '500 Days of Summer' and she discovered TIALTNGO and now wants recommendations for Smiths/Morrissey songs. What songs would you guys recommend for someone who liked TIALTNGO? I'm thinking she'd enjoy the more upbeat songs, anyway recommened away! :thumb:

agreed that she needs to made to listen to every album but start with all of 'strangeways here we come' and maybe 'big mouth strikes again' and 'the boy with the thorn is his side'
it's difficult to pick just a few. :(

TIALTNGO?

Can someone help me out please?

Oh, got it. Why can't people just write actual words?

I hate when people do that too but I figured it would be redundant to type THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT twice, on a forum where everyone uses the acronym.

And thanks for the suggestions so far I suppose :squiffy: :p
I'd recommened her an album but just wanted to start her off on some singles first:thumb:

I hate when people do that too but I figured it would be redundant to type THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT twice, on a forum where everyone uses the acronym.

And thanks for the suggestions so far I suppose :squiffy: :p
I'd recommened her an album but just wanted to start her off on some singles first:thumb:

I always abbreviate stuff to just a shorter version. As in 'There Is A Light...' although I think shortening Ringleaders to ROTT is alright.

The best thing you could suggest to her is probably Louder Than Bombs or (and I'm just whispering this) the Charles Hawtrey covered Best Of.

First of the Gang to Die. :p

Actually, using 'Quarry' as an introduction will probably have a good success rate to getting her hooked.

albumwise:the queen is dead

I never understood why everyone hates this compilation so much :confused:.

Me either. It's a fine compilation for a newcomer. I think most of the anger comes from the typo's which is no reason to slate an album!

Although the remastering only stretches as far as 'turning the drums up'.

I bet it can be gotten for pretty cheap.

Back
Top Bottom