Morrissey Central "SOON / 2020 new releases" (September 6, 2020)

SouthPaw_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg
YATQ_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg

Both albums issued on BMG Label for the first time, including inner booklets. LP and CD formats.

Both JPGs describe the images as 'gatefold'.
Regards,
FWD.

I saw two LPs and a CD in shops at the weekend. There are heaps on the net too. So it is available.

Yeah I know what you mean. There are over 100 listed on discogs -which is pretty a low number compared to his other albums- but my frustration is with the general availability. I can't buy on eBay and even if I could it would cost me a silly amount of money.

I mean he has an album that was pulled off from every physical and digital shelf immediately after its release. It's obvious that he doesn't pay for graphic designers, so at least he should be able to hire an attorney to sort this out.

great pics. buying both. dont want to pay 100's for originals. thank you!!!

It took me over a year to get a mint Southpaw copy for a reasonable price (which counts still as astronomical) and I still don’t have YATQ. So I guess from the scarcity perspective these are great news. It would be awesome if some of the 12” b sides or even unreleased tracks from those French sessions were included. Over the years SG has climbed the ladder of my Moz preferences and is now one of my favourite albums. But like everyone has already stated, I just hope those aren’t the definitive covers. They are truly awful. It s hard to understand how someone with such exquisite cover art sensibility/aesthetics like Morrissey now totally ditches the subject. Here is a cool mock-up from a known Moz fan.
118973787_1482931865237687_8880762292482451275_n.jpg

No mention of a specific date? I'll keep my eyes open for these. Pity they don't stick with the original artwork. I never got these 2 on vinyl and will be glad to get them. Was hoping Ringstinker would get a vinyl rerelease too. And World Peace. And Maladjusted. And Kill Uncle.

It took me over a year to get a mint Southpaw copy for a reasonable price (which counts still as astronomical) and I still don’t have YATQ. So I guess from the scarcity perspective these are great news. It would be awesome if some of the 12” b sides or even unreleased tracks from those French sessions were included. Over the years SG has climbed the ladder of my Moz preferences and is now one of my favourite albums. But like everyone has already stated, I just hope those aren’t the definitive covers. They are truly awful. It s hard to understand how someone with such exquisite cover art sensibility/aesthetics like Morrissey now totally ditches the subject. Here is a cool mock-up from a known Moz fan.View attachment 58863
That would be an AMAZING cover. And apt. And just perfect.

True, true. Though even so, I can't imagine who is going to buy this? How many copies and different formats of a mediocre 25-year-old album does any fan need to have?
The vinyl will sell, easily. Those original albums are almost impossible to get on vinyl. Don't know who'd bother with the CDs though after buying the originals and the deluxe versions a few years ago.

@ACTON
There is hope for you regarding the additional albums. It seems that Southpaw and YATQ are to be first of a bigger bunch. Here is the original article from a couple of months back:

"The announcement also revealed BMG will be re-issuing remasters of several Morrissey records next year. The planned re-releases - 'Southpaw Grammar', 'Maladjusted', 'You Are The Quarry', 'Ringleader of the Tormentors', 'Years of Refusal' and 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' - will all get updated artwork and sleeve notes".

@ACTON
There is hope for you with for the additional albums. It seems that Southpaw and YATQ are to be first of a bigger bunch. Here is the original article from a couple of months back:

"The announcement also revealed BMG will be re-issuing remasters of several Morrissey records next year. The planned re-releases - 'Southpaw Grammar', 'Maladjusted', 'You Are The Quarry', 'Ringleader of the Tormentors', 'Years of Refusal' and 'Live at the Hollywood Bowl' - will all get updated artwork and sleeve notes".
I saw that but I only believe things when I see them (at least when it comes to vinyl releases). Still waiting for The Cure album. But you're right, these two Moz rereleases bode well for more.

f*** me the artwork is horrendous, I mean, Jesus.
To read through “Peepholism” and see Moz describe each font, colour, image and frame of The Smiths artwork so lovingly to this bag of shite - is almost as headache inducing as the For Britain badge.
Who is doing the artwork? Sam? Downright bizzare, I mean the recent artwork has been shit, but those are new releases!?!?
I do hope these don’t end up being the final artwork, for I don’t own either of these records on vinyl and I have dreamt of doing so for a while nowseriously consider if the final product looked like this crap!
When it comes to rerelease at affordable price compared to originals for crazy money.... this time you might have to poke the fire without looking at the mantlepiece. The cover won't affect the music. But still I know what you mean. I imagined having the rereleased vinyl that looks almost identical to the original. Like with The Smiths vinyl reissues.

The vinyl will sell, easily. Those original albums are almost impossible to get on vinyl. Don't know who'd bother with the CDs though after buying the originals and the deluxe versions a few years ago.
Folk that don't have them, new fans, young fans plus existing fans that do like the new cover, booklet etc.

Folk that don't have them, new fans, young fans plus existing fans that do like the new cover, booklet etc.
I'll show my ignorance by saying I honestly didn't think any young people bought CDs anymore. I don't know anyone in their 20's (or 30's) who buy CDs. They always laugh when I say I've bought a CD. They usually have it downloaded for free before my pre-ordered CD/Vinyl arrive.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom