Morrissey Central "SOON / 2020 new releases" (September 6, 2020)

SouthPaw_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg
YATQ_Vinyl_Gatefold.jpg

Both albums issued on BMG Label for the first time, including inner booklets. LP and CD formats.

Both JPGs describe the images as 'gatefold'.
Regards,
FWD.

Someone on facebook posted different artwork. Looks like Southpaw cover here has
FB_IMG_1599553747772.jpg
replaced the Quarry one. Odd.

Aw I see, a slight improvement. I'd rather Morrissey had kept the original artwork and changed up the font and colour scheme

I don't like this one at all to be honest. I prefer the original Quarry sleeve, the pink is iconic.

Wouldn't mind if they used an era appropriate picture of him for Southpaw Grammar, maybe something like this for the cover...
select2.jpg

...and this for the gatefold
morrissey6-1.jpg

But honestly, any mid-90s picture of him would do.

Whilst Boy Racer and Sunny came across well on the show, Moz's interview with Jools Holland was so awkward it is verging on painful to watch. This aired in November 1995, just before the collapse of the Outside Tour with David Bowie. Moz definitely does not seem at ease with himself in this interview.

The two twits laughing behind him didn't help. I remember watching that live on TV and feeling so bad for Moz. Joolz has diluted his show so much since then and it lost its edge completely. Moz was probably suffering from depression even at the time of the interview. I'm just glad he played Dublin before he left the Outside tour.

I don't like this one at all to be honest. I prefer the original Quarry sleeve, the pink is iconic.

Wouldn't mind if they used an era appropriate picture of him for Southpaw Grammar, maybe something like this for the cover...
View attachment 58872

...and this for the gatefold
View attachment 58873

But honestly, any mid-90s picture of him would do.
That's Mozzer's stunt double who was sparring with Cornelius Carr, can't have him on the cover 😉

I wonder why MC makes announcements like this with no dates, haven’t they also made announcements that never actually happened?

They should take a look At what other bands do. New Order announced something was happening a couple a days ago and then yesterday, what it is.

Moz does it his way, he's not interested how other outfits do their stuff.

Whilst Boy Racer and Sunny came across well on the show, Moz's interview with Jools Holland was so awkward it is verging on painful to watch. This aired in November 1995, just before the collapse of the Outside Tour with David Bowie. Moz definitely does not seem at ease with himself in this interview.

I thought it was great, some good jokes about New York Dolls and Stanley Baker too 👍

Moz does it his way, he's not interested how other outfits do their stuff.

I think everyone knows that but thank you for your input. However, if he had proper management of his communications he may be in a far better position from a perception perspective. For example, the Paris gig debacle, where there has been no communication on whether its off or on.

Last edited:
That's Mozzer's stunt double who was sparring with Cornelius Carr, can't have him on the cover 😉
They're all from the same 1994 Richard Varnden Select session 😉

Select1.jpg

Select3.jpg

Select4.jpg

I want the last picture on the front cover of Southpaw. To annoy RF & because he looks cute with a snarl.

S n a r l

cover_023.jpg

I think everyone knows that but thank you for your input. However, if he had proper management of his communications he may be in a far better position from a perception perspective.
I don't think he gives a monkey's really, he's happy enough doing it his way without too many extra staff trying to make decisions for him, that's unlikely to change.

One last one to complete the set.
Select5.jpg

If it is indeed Sam that’s doing the covers, then I weep in the name of lost potential due to nepotism.
Because, as some gifted folk on here have showcased, there’s a wealth of material to be found, period accurate and attractive in design and yet, we are shown what we are shown.
I don’t know Sam, probs a nice fella and all, but surely he can do better than......

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom