South America tour postponed due to food poisoning

UPDATE 6:25 PM PT:

Link posted by cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Productora: El equipo de Morrissey está devastado - Coopertiva.cl

Google translate excerpts:

The director of the firm, Rodrigo Perez, explains that "The day Saturday, Morrissey with his closest, about 8 people went to eat at a restaurant outside the path indicated by us, with regrettable consequences ".

"Within hours, one by one they fell, resulting in severe gastric problems. They doctors to examine and what was provided in that moment, it was not appropriate and it was bigger problems".

Against this background, "are with absolute rest. The hotel has almost become an outpatient clinic. There are people who can not get out of bed in 48 hours, and the prognosis is not very encouraging, because they also want to be with their doctors header and return to their countries of origin."

"For most of Morrissey and his team will return to London, just to give them up here in Lima" he said.

UPDATE 4:25 PM PT:

Famous when dead posted the link with some additional info:

Morrissey postpones South American tour due to ‘severe food poisoning,’ returns to U.K. - Slicing Up Eyeballs

Excerpt:

According to a similar but lengthier statement posted by Movistar Arena in Santiago, Chile — where the former Smiths frontman was slated to perform July 26 — those sickened “have remained at rest and observation,” while Morrissey has returned to England to be under the care of his “personal physicians.”

UPDATE 2:45 PM PT:

An anonymous person sends the link to the PuntoTicket Peru Facebook post:

SE POSTERGAN CONCIERTOS DE MORRISSEY EN SUDAMERICA

Bing translation excerpt:

BE postponed concerts of MORRISSEY in South America due to a severe food poisoning suffered by the artist and part of the team that accompanies it in Lima, the concerts scheduled for Latin America in July and August should be postponed to the next year. The new dates will be communicated soon.

Morrissey and his team have been in Lima, Peru from July 1. The artist was very excited about the upcoming shows and is very disappointed to have to postpone dates.
Sincerely, Colors point Ticket will be announcing this Friday 12th the mechanics of return tickets for those who do not wish to attend the new dates. For more information access the web from www.puntoticket.pe or by calling the call center 626 8383. For people wishing to attend the new dates can keep their tickets. We will be informing them advances.

Morrissey se intoxicó en Lima y sus conciertos en Sudamérica fueron postergados
- La Prensa

Google Translate excerpt:

"Latin America Concerts scheduled for July and August will be postponed for the next months," the agency that handles the event communication.

The former leader of the British band The Smiths, Steven Patrick Morrissey ( Morrissey ), not present in Lima. This is because he and some of his team suffered a severe intoxication. As reported by the producer through Facebook Colors Agency 3 Points.

"Latin America Concerts scheduled for July and August will be postponed for the next months. The new dates will be communicated soon, "the statement said.

19594_566258.jpg

Link reblogged by cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Se intoxicó Morrissey y no habrá conciertos:
“Los conciertos agendados para Latinoamérica en julio y agosto deberán postergarse para los próximos meses”, informó la agencia que se encarga de la comunicación del evento.

Original reblog on Tumblr / more details...

UPDATE - link from cloverdean13 / Tumblr:

Morrissey posterga todos sus conciertos en Sudamérica - Terra Peru
El exvocalista de The Smiths tenía programado ofrecer un concierto esta noche en Lima, en el Jockey Club del Perú

Last edited by a moderator:
I could point the irony of the person telling me you are a troll is actually the first person here to ever be rude and insulting towards me here in five years, but I'm sure it's obvious!
This site has worth and some of the people here conduct themselves in a decent manner.
When this site returns to conversations in a constuctive manner on Moz, I may contribute again.
I must apologise also for using politeness, manners and of all things abbreviations in my posts!
My pomposity knows no bounds.
Fight the good fight,
REGARDS,
FWD
Wake me up when Moz is up for discussion again - cheers.

I'm glad to hear Boz is on his way home to Lyn. That must mean that Moz has a few weeks rest ahead of him. I hope he's okay. THanks for the find.

I could point the irony of the person telling me you are a troll is actually the first person here to ever be rude and insulting towards me here in five years, but I'm sure it's obvious!
This site has worth and some of the people here conduct themselves in a decent manner.
When this site returns to conversations in a constuctive manner on Moz, I may contribute again.
I must apologise also for using politeness, manners and of all things abbreviations in my posts!
Fight the good fight,
REGARDS,
FWD

^^^ Drama queen! :rolleyes:

You really are a vile shit-stirring gossipmonger, Barleycorn.

You couldn't be so wrong ! Johnny B/Corn is one of the most level-headed posters on this site.
A true gent, someone I would like by my side any day.

Benny-the-Butcher

[SUP][/SUP]
Find a grown-up who can help you Google "Morrissey Drunk".

You miss the point, Barleycorn. I don’t care if Morrissey’s a f***ing raging alcoholic because 1) I love him unconditionally and 2) it’s actually none of my business.

You responded to me in an earlier thread about what you considered to be his recent diva-like antics and, to be fair to you, I would agree entirely. He IS tricky, unreliable and difficult, but hasn’t that always been the case? When was Morrissey not unpredictable, irritating and abrasive? And isn’t that why we loved him in the first place? Isn’t that what made him like you or me?

I genuinely get the impression that nobody on this site gets him at all, but if anything, for me, the experience of being a Morrissey fan is more powerful than ever. Infuriating as his behaviour often is, I still get a massive f***ing frisson of excitement when he says inappropriate things or cancels at the last irritating minute, because I guess that’s what I find myself doing in my life. It makes him relatable in a way that nobody else is. For me the odd behaviour is as thrilling as a new record release.

Morrissey is not a faultless rock god; he’s a difficult human being, like the very best of friends all are. And at the end of the day, I don't think he (or his music) have changed in the slightest. For me Art-hounds is up there with TIALTNGO. Like I said, the love intensifies because, if anything, he continues to become an even more potent, an even more intensely distilled essence of himself. I’m hooked. If we're on a fan page, we all should be. I would suggest that anybody who isn't just leaves now.

[SUP][/SUP]

You miss the point, Barleycorn. I don’t care if Morrissey’s a f***ing raging alcoholic because 1) I love him unconditionally and 2) it’s actually none of my business.

You responded to me in an earlier thread about what you considered to be his recent diva-like antics and, to be fair to you, I would agree entirely. He IS tricky, unreliable and difficult, but hasn’t that always been the case? When was Morrissey not unpredictable, irritating and abrasive? And isn’t that why we loved him in the first place? Isn’t that what made him like you or me?

I genuinely get the impression that nobody on this site gets him at all, but if anything, for me, the experience of being a Morrissey fan is more powerful than ever. Infuriating as his behaviour often is, I still get a massive f***ing frisson of excitement when he says inappropriate things or cancels at the last irritating minute, because I guess that’s what I find myself doing in my life. It makes him relatable in a way that nobody else is. For me the odd behaviour is as thrilling as a new record release.

Morrissey is not a faultless rock god; he’s a difficult human being, like the very best of friends all are. And at the end of the day, I don't think he (or his music) have changed in the slightest. For me Art-hounds is up there with TIALTNGO. Like I said, the love intensifies because, if anything, he continues to become an even more potent, an even more intensely distilled essence of himself. I’m hooked. If we're on a fan page, we all should be. I would suggest that anybody who isn't just leaves now.

Very well said, Aliasbromide, I can relate to everything you said. I know there's a million people out there who feel the same way but you wont find them here. Except me and few others but thats it.

[SUP][/SUP]

You responded to me in an earlier thread about what you considered to be his recent diva-like antics and, to be fair to you, I would agree entirely. He IS tricky, unreliable and difficult, but hasn’t that always been the case? When was Morrissey not unpredictable, irritating and abrasive? And isn’t that why we loved him in the first place? Isn’t that what made him like you or me?.

Well, Bromide,

I'm pleased that at last you have actually made your point. I've been waiting a while. It's a view I have some sympathy with. Thing is, I do care if he's sick, whether it is because of poor luck or poor judgement.

You say you don't care but you love him. Curiously, I do care but I don't love him. I'm too old for hero worship. Beyond his irritating behaviour and the occasionally bizarre statements he makes I care because he's still capable of ruling the music world, artistically if not commercially, but he isn't doing that and I think it's a waste of an immense talent. It makes me wonder why?

I don't know what it is about my arguments that irritate you so, but even on this thread there are a few posters who have made comments well beyond the pale in my opinion, and yet have gone unchallenged by you. I'm not sure what in my persona makes you think I'll fold with what has been until your last post just scatter-gun bitching, but I wish you well in your attempts.

I'm glad to hear Boz is on his way home to Lyn. That must mean that Moz has a few weeks rest ahead of him. I hope he's okay. THanks for the find.

If it comes out that Morrissey is so ill and has been for a very long while does that mean the present band have just been taking the piss out of him over the years ?
Turning up for the ride ? Churning out shit for the sake of a wage ? Not taking responsibility ?

Nothing is proven yet BUT it is starting to make sense !

Morrissey only giving interviews by questions posted in e-mails ? (Well that makes sense now)

Benny-the-Butcher

To read some of this drivel is just so annoying.

Firstly, there is news and it is not good and there is hardly any sign of compassion, of love, limited caring behavior nor concern,

Secondly, there is just speculation and lies and guesses and the usual cancellation gossip and cheap one-liners.

Thirdly, there is a group of musicians who have travelled half way around the world, only to come back again. Not yet reaching parts other musicians fear to tread.

Finally, please show some respect to everyone. Wait for news. Morrissey is special. He is unique. Boz and Kristeen also.

The last thing that anyone likes to read is rumours or lies.

Hazard
England

Well, Bromide,

I'm pleased that at last you have actually made your point. I've been waiting a while. It's a view I have some sympathy with. Thing is, I do care if he's sick, whether it is because of poor luck or poor judgement.

You say you don't care but you love him. Curiously, I do care but I don't love him. I'm too old for hero worship. Beyond his irritating behaviour and the occasionally bizarre statements he makes I care because he's still capable of ruling the music world, artistically if not commercially, but he isn't doing that and I think it's a waste of an immense talent. It makes me wonder why?

I don't know what it is about my arguments that irritate you so, but even on this thread there are a few posters who have made comments well beyond the pale in my opinion, and yet have gone unchallenged by you. I'm not sure what in my persona makes you think I'll fold with what has been until your last post just scatter-gun bitching, but I wish you well in your attempts.

Like I said, you're a vile, shit-stirring gossipmonger; oceans away from the subversive troublemaker that Morrissey is and that you so obviously long to be. Goodbye.

Last edited:
You couldn't be so wrong ! Johnny B/Corn is one of the most level-headed posters on this site.
A true gent, someone I would like by my side any day.

Benny-the-Butcher

Barleycorn is alright. You, on the other hand, seem to have an IQ of a piece of toiler paper.

Shit. I don't want to sound cruel. But I've seen too many of your posts, and seriously, I hope you're one of those people with below-average intelligence who are aware of their stupidity. Because if you actually think that you're making sense, then you're unbearable.

Great. I'm becoming one of those mean Morrissey-Solo posters. I suck too.

Like I said, you're a vile, shit-stirring gossipmonger; oceans away from the subversive troublemaker that Morrissey is and that you so obviously long to be. Goodbye.

Morrissey isn't in any way subversive. He's a contrarian, perhaps; a political dilettante, without a doubt, but he certainly isn't subversive.

I suppose at a stretch he's perverting the concept of what a traditional rock star is thought to be: a songwriter; a recording artist; a performer. It's fair to say he's turned that on its head.

[SUP][/SUP]

Wow. THIS. Perfect.

The problem with Moz Solo is that the most active posters here are mostly bitter middle-aged men. Let's face it. 20 years ago they perhaps still had some imagination and life and fire burning inside them. They were miserable, but not the way they are today; they believed that they could change something, that there was some importance about their misery, that there was something to live for, that it was okay to love strange popstars; they found Morrissey, and Morrissey helped them, and they thought that Morrissey would save them, but Morrissey didn't and now they're left with nothing but bitterness.

I'm 19. I don't think too many posters here are 19. This doesn't mean that young Morrissey fans don't exist; in fact, I believe there are more young Morrissey fans in the world than maybe ever before. Morrissey has become an important part of alternative youth culture. (Or maybe he always was.) The young fans just communicate elsewhere. This kind of twists the image. If you look at this website, Morrissey seems to have almost no fans at all, and the few ones hate him. In reality, this isn't the case.

Maybe I should get out of here.

Fight the good fight,
REGARDS,
FWD

Brilliant, FWD. You nailed it.

Well, damn.

KrisTEEN's having dangerous sex with Morrissey.

Morrissey is a raging alcoholic.

No one is sick, yet the tour is postponed (maybe).

Somebody named James Duncan (Sorry. Called him Doug...) caused quite a mess on KY's facebook...and she responded like a sixteen year old high school girl.

Oh, yeah...and Morrissey is about to die - and soon.

I'm pretty certain some of you have been online for at least 48 hours straight. Get some rest.

I haven't had time to really read all the posts, but that's the jest. Wow. There's some crazy sh!t going on in Morrisseyland.

Last edited:
Barleycorn is alright. You, on the other hand, seem to have an IQ of a piece of toiler paper.

Shit. I don't want to sound cruel. But I've seen too many of your posts, and seriously, I hope you're one of those people with below-average intelligence who are aware of their stupidity. Because if you actually think that you're making sense, then you're unbearable.

Great. I'm becoming one of those mean Morrissey-Solo posters. I suck too.

'toiler paper' ? Brilliant. So funny having a pop at MY IQ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And don't worry about being cruel its never bothered your master when he comes out with cruel remarks.

"Touché" Peckhead !!!!!!!

Benny-the-busy-bbq-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom