Southpaw Grammar/Maladjusted reissues

Erik

Subscriber
I'm starting to worry a bit - is everyone still confident that both of releases will still happen on March 2nd?

I'm starting to worry a bit - is everyone still confident that both of releases will still happen on March 2nd?

Why, what have you heard? It doesn't appear to be available to pre-order yet, but that doesn't mean anything.

I haven't heard squat! That's why I'm starting to worry.

I've been more excited about these releases than YOR. Especially after hearing YOR and being let down once again.

I think unreleased tracks from earlier era Moz are going to be much better songs than as of late.

Following from other threads on the same topic, I believe the Southpaw re-master is official and will go ahead. However have not heard anything concrete on Maladjusted. Who knows..

Equally worried!

If these two do drop around the time of YOR, Morrissey may get some publicity for releasing three albums in such a short period. Also, perhaps the musical press will start some revisionist musical history and fall in love with the two reissues! I can dream, right?:D

From True-to-You:

Morrissey tour information; Years Of Refusal, Southpaw Grammar, Maladjusted, I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris release details

30 October 2008

US dates will now precede the projected tours of New Zealand and Australia for 2009. Years of refusal now has a release date of February 23rd, which will also see the start of a lengthy US tour. New Zealand and Australia will now follow the US dates.
BMG issue a redesigned and re-mastered Southpaw Grammar, and Universal issue a redesigned and re-mastered Maladjusted one week after Years of refusal.
The new album is preceded by I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris as a single release. CD1 and CD2 will be supported by two new songs Because of my poor education and Shame is the name. Both songs were recorded with Jerry Finn as part of the refusal sessions, and Shame is the name features additional vocals by Chrissie Hynde.

I'd rather they not release anything until they get it right. I'm all for unreleased tracks and remastering but I'm a little let down by what they're including on Southpaw. Make it a 2-disc set...one disc the original album remastered and disc two all the b-sides (You Must Please Remember is not on the current tracklist for the reissue), unreleased tracks from the era (save Fantastic Bird for the eventual Your Arsenal reissue and give us Laughning Anne) and maybe some demos and live stuff from the Southpaw/Bowie tour. I'll hold judgement on the Maladjusted reissue until the tracklisting is announced. I'm not as big of a Cure fan as I once was but theirs is a good example of properly reissued albums. Ton of extra goodies on each release.

joey

I'd rather they not release anything until they get it right. I'm all for unreleased tracks and remastering but I'm a little let down by what they're including on Southpaw. Make it a 2-disc set...one disc the original album remastered and disc two all the b-sides (You Must Please Remember is not on the current tracklist for the reissue), unreleased tracks from the era (save Fantastic Bird for the eventual Your Arsenal reissue and give us Laughning Anne) and maybe some demos and live stuff from the Southpaw/Bowie tour. I'll hold judgement on the Maladjusted reissue until the tracklisting is announced. I'm not as big of a Cure fan as I once was but theirs is a good example of properly reissued albums. Ton of extra goodies on each release.

joey

There weren't that many b-sides from Southpaw where there?:confused: I thought the album clocked in at only 30+ minutes, so including four extra songs shouldn't be a problem. No need for a two disc set.

On the other hand, Maladjusted had a slew of excellent b-sides. If there are unreleased tracks that would make a great two disc set (IMO). Also, a new cover photo where Moz doesn't look like a leprechaun would be outstanding.:)

There weren't that many b-sides from Southpaw where there?:confused: I thought the album clocked in at only 30+ minutes, so including four extra songs shouldn't be a problem. No need for a two disc set.

On the other hand, Maladjusted had a slew of excellent b-sides. If there are unreleased tracks that would make a great two disc set (IMO). Also, a new cover photo where Moz doesn't look like a leprechaun would be outstanding.:)

only "2" real b sides. the others were live tracks;)

Right, "Nobody Loves Us" and "You Must Please Remember." If you add the two unreleased tracks, making four, I think they could easily fit onto one disc.:)

I know that but you would think they would include the more rare of the two (you must please) since ther other (nobody loves us) is widely avaiable on My Early Burglary Years. I guess they went with the better of the two...although I listen to YMPR more these days. I guess I played NLU to death.

btw, the peson that asked, Southpaw clocks in at close to 48 minutes. Even if they stick with 1 disc, there's still room for both NLU and YMPR...unless the unreleased tracks are longer than a total of 27 minutes.

joey

While Southpaw only included two official b-sides, there's a ton of treats in the vault that would make for an enjoyable second disc. Other than the b-sides and unreleased demos, the acoustic version of the Southpaw album would be nice...stuff like the acoustic Boy Racer and Nobody Loves Us for example.

A few live songs of the era could cap off the bonus disc. Stuff like a live version of Teachers and even Sunny.

Just my two cents ;)

Equally worried!

To paraphrase our Mogsy:

"...there's so much destruction
all over the world
and all you can do is
worry about me..."

They could release the whole Miraval sessions on disc 2. It's most of the album in acoustic form, minus a few songs, but including a few unreleased titles such as "Honey You Know Where To Find Me" and "You Should Have Been Nice To Me". With Disc 1 remaining untouched of course.

This was considered at some point by the label, but Morrissey didn't want to do it. Which is unfortunate because I think most of the fans still resisting Southpaw Grammar would finally give in to it if they heard the Miraval sessions. They're the Yin to the regular albums' Yang, or vice versa.

Stephane

They could release the whole Miraval sessions on disc 2. It's most of the album in acoustic form, minus a few songs, but including a few unreleased titles such as "Honey You Know Where To Find Me" and "You Should Have Been Nice To Me". With Disc 1 remaining untouched of course.

That would make an awesome bonus disc; I'd snatch that up in a heartbeat.

In particular, I hope the Maladjusted reissue doesn't get shelved. I'm really holding out for a studio version of Kitt.

Tags
linernotes southpaw
Back
Top Bottom