Spencer Cobrin FB: Trump/Morrissey comments (June 21, 2020)

UPDATE June 21 2:25 PM PT:

Posted by Alexi:

55695_cf9699116da467b173fc4fa7ef1fbdc6.jpeg

20200621_061448.jpg
20200621_061856.jpg

20200621_070055.jpg
20200621_070127.jpg

20200621_070410.jpg

20200621_072102.jpg

There's activity in the comments section, but given this topic has been done to absolute death - I won't paste it all here.

Visit his FB page for more:
(Update: Spencer deactivated his FB account this afternoon after the apology).
Update:
The post was deleted around 2pm UK time.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Cobrin really believed M was racist he wouldn't have deleted his posts. He 'd also have bought it up before.
Good to see Jese defending Moz.
have to say worried where f*** wit finan is - he's normally first on the bandwagon
Esaaaaa!!!! Okey !!!!!! Congratulations !!!!! ??????????????

I don't think we've ever heard Tobias's singing, have we? We've certainly heard his guitar playing though, something that I'm sure Marr wouldn't comment on out of professional courtesy and pity.
??????? WHAT?????
IANADOAC IS EXCELLENT!!! TOBIAS IN BAND OF MOZ ,REMEMBER !!!!!!!

Well the other drummer Joyce who has also known him for quite a while (and according to Skinny was much ... ‘closer’ ) says the Morrissey racist accusations are ridiculous, because Morrissey is not.

Eh, when's the last time Mike Joyce "knew" Morrissey. 1990? Racism isn't necessarily a lifetime affliction. Nor do I even think Morrissey is an across-the-board, capital-r racist. It's more complicated than that. But Jesse's heartwarming anecdotes of how much Morrissey loves black people or whatever doesn't make much of a difference to me. You can be a racist and not hate black people.

Last edited:
I'm a bit lost. I stay away from Moz Solo for a day and all this drama happens! Spencer is saying Moz is racist and was in the 90's and that's why he left Moz to sell houses? If nobody else steps in to corroborate then he's on his own out in the cold like a drunk who can't find his house key. Then he goes and says he's sorry for insulting Moz fans? Life Is A Pigsty (sometimes).

The fact that Jesse talks about his racial discussions in light of being "a first generation Mexican American" is quite probably part of the issue. Morrissey is all over the place politically, and his views on race are certainly not clear-cut or even vaguely logical. When it comes to the US, he despises Trump and loves Mexicans, so comes across as an extreme left-winger. When it comes to the UK however, he seems to be the complete opposite, and is fiercely anti-immigration, pro-Farage, pro-Brexit, hates the Muslim London mayor because he 'talks funny', complains about the loss of English culture etc.

I can quite believe that two of Morrissey's bandmates have spent plenty of time with him, and come away with completely different views of his attitude towards race.

Ay dios mío. Give some People happiness help them to find someone or something to love . I found my happiness.....it is morrisey's music.!! And many people from all ethnicity loooves morrisey!! Too bad. The Corona came to ruin my attendance to his concerts. Who knows till when. ...

Still happy to take the appearance fee in 2016...
I don't really see a huge conflict of interests here. It seems fair enough that someone can take immense pride in music they were a part of, whilst still having issues with the characters or politics of people they used to work with. Even Johnny Marr has criticised Morrissey's views in recent years, and I don't see him banning himself from associating with the music they made together.

And it could be a lot worse. There's probably some poor bastard out there who is really proud of the work they did in the Gary Glitter band, and can't even attend conventions and the like.

It’s not Morrissey fans, but Morrissey he should be apologizing to. He compared not just Trump (stupid and historically ignorant as that would be), but Morrissey to Hitler (an utterly batshit insane comparison).

It’s not Morrissey fans, but Morrissey he should be apologizing to. He compared not just Trump (stupid and historically ignorant as that would be), but Morrissey to Hitler (an utterly batshit insane comparison).

I think he understood what he was doing.

Nice to see someone from Uncle Fester’s inner circle have the balls to stand up to him and state the obvious. Unlike, the rest of his fawning, felching followers, Corbin’s done the right thing and called the count out for exactly what he is.

...but let’s just let the official sales speak for themselves.

Morrissey has already approached Sly and Robbie to produce. They didn’t even respond to his request. Next he’ll try a Bollywood producer. When that fails, he’ll reach out to the Scientologists. They’re fiercely loyal and come pre-washed and lobotomized, just like the daft wee c***s around here.

Thanks for speaking the truth, Spencer!

This was so satisfying to read on so many levels.

The fact that Jesse talks about his racial discussions in light of being "a first generation Mexican American" is quite probably part of the issue. Morrissey is all over the place politically, and his views on race are certainly not clear-cut or even vaguely logical. When it comes to the US, he despises Trump and loves Mexicans, so comes across as an extreme left-winger. When it comes to the UK however, he seems to be the complete opposite, and is fiercely anti-immigration, pro-Farage, pro-Brexit, hates the Muslim London mayor because he 'talks funny', complains about the loss of English culture etc.

I can quite believe that two of Morrissey's bandmates have spent plenty of time with him, and come away with completely different views of his attitude towards race.
Yeah that Muslim mayor does talk funny though.
Morrissey's stance is actually fairly obvious if you're not a squirt boy

Back
Top Bottom