"Spent The Day In Bed" clear 7" vinyl released (UK, Oct. 27, 2017)

"Spent The Day In Bed" b/w "Judy Is A Punk" (live) on clear 7" vinyl is out now in the UK.

40881_spent_the_day_in_bed.jpg

Link from an anonymous person:

"Spent The Day In Bed" clear 7" vinyl b/w Judy Is A Punk details (Oct. 27, 2017 release) - Sep. 19, 2017

No direct mention of where the live track is from on the record.
It does say recorded in Japan on side 2 and recorded in Italy on side 1.
There were 3 record shops in B'ham selling it today - about 30 copies in total (compared to 2 copies of the 'naked' ITMAAP 7").
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
No direct mention of where the live track is from on the record.
It does say recorded in Japan on side 2 and recorded in Italy on side 1.
There were 3 record shops in B'ham selling it today - about 30 copies in total (compared to 2 copies of the 'naked' ITMAAP 7").
Regards,
FWD.

It (clearly) says Tokyo. There were 2 live dates in Tokyo in 2016, and ‘Judy...’ was only played at 1 of them, as an encore.

It (clearly) says Tokyo. There were 2 live dates in Tokyo in 2016, and ‘Judy...’ was only played at 1 of them, as an encore.
Well that told me....
They are normally a bit clearer on sources than 'Japan' on the vinyl itself. The fact there were 2 dates and they allude to neither is exactly my point (that isn't "clearly" - that's 'go look it up' which kind of defeats the object of sleeves & labels).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
Well that told me....
They are normally a bit clearer on sources than 'Japan' on the vinyl itself. The fact there were 2 dates and they allude to neither is exactly my point (that isn't "clearly" - that's 'go look it up' which kind of defeats the object of sleeves & labels).
Regards,
FWD.

FWD - I think you may need some spectacles, good sir. It does say Tokyo on the back of the sleeve, at least in the photo on this thread. :)

How does the recording sound?

the production credit is written so large !

FWD - I think you may need some spectacles, good sir. It does say Tokyo on the back of the sleeve, at least in the photo on this thread. :)

How does the recording sound?
It absolutely does say Tokyo on the sleeve and just Japan on the right hand side of the vinyl itself.
It just seems vague - no myopia here, just pointing out it doesn't say... Recorded at.... On...(specific date not year) in a way most of us would appreciate.
I'm stuck in the cement anus that is B'ham city centre - I will comment on the recording later.
I should also add - no copy I've held is completely clear and all have brown imperfections running through them - for the fussy ones (me included) - so 'sort of clear' vinyl.
20171027_172310-min.jpg

Hard to see - will sort when somewhere civilised...
'Bunkamura Orchard Hall, Tokyo, Japan - 29th September, 2016' must have printing cost implications :)
FWD.

Last edited:
Judy Is a Punk sounds like its been ripped from a phone, or youtube.

Last chance for the song to get into the official Top 100 singles chart. I'm guessing it must have a chance, as so few people actually buy singles these days - surely they only need to shift a few hundred of the buggers?

My copy just arrived - the vinyl is 99% clear - there is the smallest smudge of smudge of brown on there, but it's so tiny I wouldn't even have spotted it had the previous poster not mentioned it.

Whoever proof-read the sleeve (doesn't Morrissey himself give these things the once-over?)
was having a bad day though - as well as the previously mentioned 'Dee Dee/Ramone' goof in the credits, there is also a rogue extra comma after Bill Inglot's name on the back sleeve. Also no runoff etching this time (beyond some random catalogue numbers).

Other than that - all good!

My copy's vinyl is clear without blemishes, yay. "Judy Is a Punk" sounds quite good to me, both musically and fidelity-wise. Then again, I was raised on Velvet Underground live bootlegs :-D

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom