Spring 2019 Canada Tour (8 dates) announced

UPDATE:

9th show added:

Vancouver Orpheum Theatre - second show added (Apr. 14, 2019)

Just got notification that Moz is playing in Toronto at the Sony Centre on April 26, 2019 and April 27, 2019!
looks like many other dates lined up too...

https://www.bandsintown.com/a/1021-morrissey

**EDIT** ticketmaster page: https://www.ticketmaster.ca/morrissey-tickets/artist/770791

Other Canada dates on sale Feb. 22:

Apr. 15 - Orpheum Theatre, Vancouver, BC
Apr. 17 - Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Calgary, AB
Apr. 18 - Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, Edmonton, AB
Apr. 20 - TCU Place, Saskatoon, SK
Apr. 22 - Centennial Concert Hall, Winnipeg, MB
Apr. 29 - MTELUS, Montreal, QC

46263_canada_2019.jpg

Morrissey Announces Canadian Tour / April 2019 - Vents Magazine

Excerpt:

In what promises to be the start of a worldwide tour, Morrissey has announced his 1st full Canadian Tour in almost 20 years. The 8 date run, set to start in Vancouver at the historic Orpheum Theatre on April 15th, and will take the artist across Canada, to end in Montreal on April 29th.

Tickets to the Canadian shows, which will be promoted by AEG Concerts, will go on sale this coming Friday morning at 10am. Tickets can be purchased here:

http://showsnear.by/MorrisseyCANTour

A portion of proceeds from all of the tour’s ticket sales will benefit the following charities of Morrissey’s choice, as the artist continues his stand for animal rights and organizations that support animal welfare.

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you are referring to other members on this site? I am not them, but perhaps we share a similar opinion on latter day Moz. I used to be a frequent poster on here, but due my ever growing disappointment in Morrissey's music (and the man himself) I haven't posted in a number of years. When I heard the news of the Canadian tour, I thought I'd poke my head back in to see the reaction. I'm still shocked to see anyone that is interested in Morrissey's music nowadays- it's so truly awful. I've no idea how anyone could listen to and love The Smiths or Morrissey's solo output from the prior century and then listen to anything from the last 5 years (at least) and not think it is anything other than complete rubbish. It's worse than boring (which is what typically happens to great artists over time who simply lose their edge), it's offensive, absolutely cringeworthy stuff. I suspect that the crowd must be quite young at this point with a few ardently loyal and/or deluded over 30s thrown in. Sad.

poke your BIG SKINNY SOCK PUPPET TROLL HEAD:lbf:

curious, another skinny sock puppet that has never heard of skinny, his own self:lbf:

I'm in a queue online for Vancouver tickets, over 1700 people ahead of me.
There's no way there is that many Vancouver fans.
You can barely find his records in stores.
I've had to order almost everything online.

Yup, this is ridiculous. I logged onto Ticketmaster 40 minutes before the pre-sale started. 13 minutes in and still over 2000 people in queue ahead of me.

Okay I got two tickets for Vancouver! Closest I could get was RC Rows 10+11 seat 52 .... so can't even sit beside who I bring.

All in all, Ticketmaster sucks, that was a horrible experience. So confusing. There should be no pre-sale or f***ing American Express benefits.

Btw, the dreamers code worked, but only in all capitals ; DREAMERS

Lol there are tickets on stubhub

Stubhub... front row for $541, 1 ticket

Somehow I bought a ticket to the Alberta concert. I don't know how that happened. I ended up finally buying a Vancouver ticket on my phone. It wouldn't work on my tablet.

I assume you are referring to other members on this site? I am not them, but perhaps we share a similar opinion on latter day Moz. I used to be a frequent poster on here, but due my ever growing disappointment in Morrissey's music (and the man himself) I haven't posted in a number of years. When I heard the news of the Canadian tour, I thought I'd poke my head back in to see the reaction. I'm still shocked to see anyone that is interested in Morrissey's music nowadays- it's so truly awful. I've no idea how anyone could listen to and love The Smiths or Morrissey's solo output from the prior century and then listen to anything from the last 5 years (at least) and not think it is anything other than complete rubbish. It's worse than boring (which is what typically happens to great artists over time who simply lose their edge), it's offensive, absolutely cringeworthy stuff. I suspect that the crowd must be quite young at this point with a few ardently loyal and/or deluded over 30s thrown in. Sad.

by your reasoning, kill uncle is his best LP.

demand was off the charts, those that balked at getting a tix a few days ago, feel like losers this morning, that is why you are sad.

Yup, this is ridiculous. I logged onto Ticketmaster 40 minutes before the pre-sale started. 13 minutes in and still over 2000 people in queue ahead of me.

Ticketmaster is known to work with scalpers to help drive the resale part of the business. CBC insvestigation here: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/ticketmaster-resellers-las-vegas-1.4828535

The "2000+" people in the queue (I had the same message) is mostly scalper bots snapping up the tickets.

I came back to the site after a couple of hours and there were still some tickets available. I was stoked to see Morrissey in my home town (Toronto) but I can't justify $220 a ticket. I paid 60 euros (90CAD) to see him in Paris 4 years ago and that's about my limit.

The strange thing is I tried for Montreal tickets and there was only 1 person in the queue and I was able to select tickets almost immediately (GA floors). I guess there is little demand in Montreal compared to Toronto.

It's a bloody farce!
Twenty years without playing in Canada because of the seal hunt !!!!!
Give me a single country where Morrissey played who is fully vegetarian or vegan and who respects the animal cause?
I wait.......

Winnipeg presale requires an AmEx card; no code. Still some front row first balcony, and lots of loge seats (including front row on either side). Closest floor seats remaining for presale are 13th row.

Should be plenty of inventory left for public onsale tomorrow.

After all fees, I scored 2 for $166.50. (Face is $66.25 ea.)

oh shit, is it going to be sold out?!?!?! i dont know how the presale works, there doesn't seem to be an option for it. ack..... oh dear, oh dear.....

how come they're for sale at stubhub now if they don't go on sale until friday?! and they want my phone number, and I don't have a phone--is that the only way to get a ticket? this is all so confusing. why is this all so needlessly confusing. I just want to see my baby bear, that's all I want! :(

Tags
canada tour

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom