Statement by Morrissey in Hot Press on Queen's visit to Ireland

The Very Existence of the Queen Is Against Any Notion of Democracy - Hot Press

16 May 2011

This is just one of a number of compelling charges set down by Morrissey in an article written for Hot Press, to coincide with the Queen's visit to Ireland

The Queen's visit to Ireland is part of a new Palace PR campaign to re-invent the Windsors. The message from the Queen will be the same as ever: who we are born to is more important than what we achieve in life.

It should be remembered by the Irish people that as recently as the turn of the 1980s the Queen supported Margaret Thatcher by not dismissing Thatcher as she allowed hunger strikers to die at the Maze Prison, most famously Bobby Sands, who was 27 years old. As Sands starved to death in protest at being tagged a 'criminal' and not a 'political prisoner' by the Thatcher government, the Queen sat in her Palace and said nothing. If the Queen had any human feelings for the Sands family or other hunger strikers then she did not express them.

The full meaning of the Monarchy is, like the Queen herself, a complete mystery to most people. It is protected from any investigations by ridiculous stories of trivia and wedding dresses and on-again-off-again soap-drama romances. The most revealing statement came from Commander Christine Jones of the Metropolitan Police last month, when she warned that any British people carrying anti-royal placards who are "seen in the vicinity of the royal wedding would be removed under the Public Order Act." This means that any political dissent in England is silenced in order to protect the royals, which in itself goes against every principle of democracy.

The very existence of the Queen and her now enormous family – all supported by the British taxpayer whether the British taxpayer likes it or not – is entirely against any notion of democracy, and is against freedom of speech. For a broad historical view of what the Queen is and how she "rules", examine Gaddafi or Mubarak, and see if you can spot any difference.

You won't be able to.

The Queen also has the power to give back the six counties to the Irish people, allowing Ireland to be a nation once again. The fact that she has not done so is Fascism in full flow. What else could it be? Name one other European country that is controlled by its neighbour?

MORRISSEY

May 2011

Uncleskinny also sends the link:

Morrissey says the Queen should give six counties back to Ireland - Hot Press

Excerpt:

With the visit of Queen Elizabeth to Ireland due to begin tomorrow, Tuesday May 17, the Lancashire born singer, songwriter and performer Steven Patrick Morrissey has written an article for Hot Press, which challenges in trenchant terms the appropriateness of welcoming the British monarch to Ireland.

...The full article appears in the issue of Hot Press which hits the streets this Thursday, May 19.

7901892_3510-coverrough.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish he could write such clever and true lyrics like the ones used in this article. He needs to write more political lyrics like he once did and I see this statement as a proof that he still supports the IRA like many of us do. I can also see comments here from so called fans that he simply does not need at all. A sad fact that people who follow him know so little about what he is truly about and what his standpoint is on politics and life in general.
Thank you Morrissey, you installed my faith in you!

Urban in Sweden

Reinstalled it even!
What a statement, it is like a big long finger to most of you twats that call yourselves Moz fans. Get a grip and learn what the man is about and where he comes from. He still belongs to us who at least realise where his roots are and how his background shaped him. He belongs to us who know him and not to bloody retarded mexicans and other lowlives who were never really a part of his setup.

Urban in Sweden!

Is that the same Ireland which gave succour to Hitler during the war? Is it that one? Eire? The only nation ON THE PLANET to send condolences to the German people after the death of the Fuhrer? Is it that one? Is it those cheeky little fascist enabling leprechauns? Bless 'em.

Eamon de Valera is Hitler's footstool in a previously unseen circle of Hell, and before you get too defensive, Oliver Cromwell is serving the drinks.
I think you will find that people of today still mourn the death of Hitler when we see what Europe is like now. No denying that Hitler was right but maybe you enjoy life in your paki-hell that is the UK?

Cameron was against the yes to AV, you mooncalf. I assume that is what you are rattling on about, but perhaps not. I'm genuinely embarassed for you, son. I'm thinking of keeping your posts on this subject for the winter. If we get cold we can read them out as a family and save a fortune on our fuel bills. A pound to a pinch of shit you don't even have a passport, so why you consider yourself an expert I'm not sure, but you come across as an imbecile.

You know nothing apart from what you glean from kneeling at the altar of a sadly fading pop star who recently seems to sense his time in the limelight is fading, hence his "statements" (oh, the bluster, oh, the rampaging ego!) to an increasingly disinterested nation.

What is interesting - I use the term loosely - about your posts is that it is clear the old adage about a little knowledge being a dangerous thing is true. Any Brit with a modicum of knowledge about their country knows you are winging it, and that you know very little about the subject upon which you have chosen to pontificate. It would be a little like me telling you how excited I am to watch the World Series of Ice Hockey and hope the Packers will beat the Lakers. That's how stupid you sound. That's the depth of your utter, embarrassing, cretinous pig ignorance.

I support Southampton Football Club, by the way, which as you probably know (from your trailer park in Buttf***, Arkansas) is at least three miles from Ol' Trafford, perhaps a little more, in the county of Hampsetshire, England, which is in Wales, Scotchland.

In future I suggest you stick to things you have a cursory knowledge of, such as onanism, or eating whole packs of Twinkies in a single sitting, and leave the talking to the grown-ups.

as a yank with a passport and work permit who worked/resided in the uk for a handful of years, i've seen first hand how scarfing whole packs of twinkies has caught on in britain. the difference being when we're doing it in buttf***, arkansas, we're not doing it as anyone's subject, which is the point to be explored.

Does he actually think that the Queen has any real political power which would put her in a position to "give back the six counties". She is simply an outdated and redundant figurehead, not a tyrant. Statements like this just look embarrassing and ignorant.

YOU look embarrassing and ignorant, that is because you ARE embarrassing and ignorant. Now shut the f*** up, you pig-cum.

CL

Be careful Morrissey this is a sensitive issue and you go clodding into it again with your leather shoes on.

Stirring up the memory of hunger strikers and comparing the queen to Gaddafi is a bit clumsy to say the least. I just wish that sometimes you would express your views without the need to resort to these over emotional hyperboles. Surely you must read some of this shit back and think ooohhh I was a bit harsh or out of order there.

Things aint always so black and white and oppression often exists on a continuum. You need to mellow out and temper your words with some caution.

Antagonising is not really very constructive, you are like a petulent teen at times... I mean how old are you?

I love you... see you at Plymouth and Glastonbury xxx
Morrissey is nothing other these days than a sad old attention seeker.Blinkered and stupid too.

That was the Best statement I’ve ever read in the whole entire world. I have no objection to anything that Morrissey said. Morrissey is entitled to state the truth, as he always does. Because he continues being the compassionate, kind, warm, and humble man that he is. He informs the public. I think it is so awful the ways that the Royals conduct themselves. Paying off the entire police, etc. It is detestable and despicable.

The Queen claims she is doing what she has to do. Although, I don’t know what, what that is.

I don’t understand. How it is that she lives with herself. Queen Elizarbeast.
I.e., she had the means, actually more than enough to provide a solution for Bobby Sands just to mention one hunger striker … isn’t it.
But she is an evil witch who is a horrible and selfish person with no regard for others. It just happens to be a fact.

CL

Morrissey is nothing other these days than a sad old attention seeker.Blinkered and stupid too.

No, Morrissey is the greatest singer, songwriter in the world. And YOU are nothing but a soiled, cranky old squid.
Now get lost, you stupid, mentally challenged wench.

No, Morrissey is the greatest singer, songwriter in the world. And YOU are nothing but a soiled, cranky old squid.
Now get lost, you stupid, mentally challenged wench.

I would imagine that level of blind adoration and stupidity from a Beiber fan, not someone like you who has been following Morrissey since Years of Refusal.

Morrissey has it right Liz Windsor did nothing to stop Mad Maggie from using such brutality in Long Kesh prison.Bobby Sands and 9 other brave men died because of them.The British establishment has unleashed many evil acts against Ireland we will not forget and we will not be defeated.Liz Windsor is not now and will NEVER be welcomed in Ireland-Tiocfaidh ar la!!!!!

Reinstalled it even!

"Restored" is the word you are reaching for. That said your grasp of English is very good indeed, far better than your grasp of British politics, certainly.

Oh Mozzer. You know as well as I do that the UK would love nothing more than to close the Ireland chapter in its history.

Why are the British still in Northern Ireland? The Northern Ireland you sang about in the underrated "This Is Not Your Country"? Because a very large section if that population FEEL and WANT to remain BRITISH.

You can't just abandon people like that. The results would be catastrophic.

On a day when the metropolitan police in London are running around looking for explosive devices left by Irish republicans because someone has sent a coded warning, it would be folly to pretend it could be all over if Britain was to leave Northern Ireland and say "there you go!" to Dublin.

A little secret, Dublin politicians don't want the north. They couldn't cope with the aftermath.

The Queen may not be your cup of tea, Morrissey. Nor is she mine for I share your numerous reasons against her "reign" (Bearskin hats, anyone?) but her trip to Ireland is a step towards better understanding between the UK and Ireland. She's to lay a wreath in memory of Ireland's war dead. Commendable, isn't it?

But anyhow, let's just gloss over all that and compare the Queen to Gaddafi and Mubarak, eh?

And while you are all making yourselves look rather daft, this post has basically summed it all up the best.

To the person who referred to the UK as a "paki hell" - degenerate is too good a word for you.

Cheers, A Northern Monkey.

Reinstalled it even!
What a statement, it is like a big long finger to most of you twats that call yourselves Moz fans. Get a grip and learn what the man is about and where he comes from. He still belongs to us who at least realise where his roots are and how his background shaped him. He belongs to us who know him and not to bloody retarded mexicans and other lowlives who were never really a part of his setup.

Urban in Sweden!

How in the world did a letter Moz wrote concerning Ireland end up with someone making a comment about "bloody retarded Mexicans"? Bitch please, Morrissey belongs to NO ONE except himself. Get over it. Now I remember why I don't come here often.

Deary me. He asks us to spot the difference between Gadaffi and the Queen? Well, the Queen doesn't control an army, isn't a dictator, and nor does she have any meaningful political or economic say in how the country is run, that's a pretty big difference right there.

"Name one other European country that is controlled by its neighbour?"

Wales and Scotland. That's two.

Seriously, an absolutely wonderful lyricist, great performer, but also liable to statements of cringe-worthy ignorance.

Morrissey has it right Liz Windsor did nothing to stop Mad Maggie from using such brutality in Long Kesh prison.Bobby Sands and 9 other brave men died because of them.The British establishment has unleashed many evil acts against Ireland we will not forget and we will not be defeated.Liz Windsor is not now and will NEVER be welcomed in Ireland-Tiocfaidh ar la!!!!!

Did you wear a balaclava when you typed that? Turn it around next time and you might make more sense.

The Queen has no real political power and is a constitutional Monarch. Sorry if that seems to be a difficult concept for some of you, Morrissey included, to grasp. Until you can come to some simple level of understanding of that very simple idea I suggest you refrain from discussing it. I'm surprised our Swedish friend is struggling because Sweden is one too, but hey-ho.

The Queen has the theoretical power to dismiss a Prime Minister and to refuse to sign a law. From memory the last time a Monarch of this nation refused to approve a law or part thereof was Queen Victoria. The reason homosexuality between men in the UK was illegal for so long but between women was not, was because Victoria refused to believe lesbians, like unicorns, existed. Victoria, or as we all call her around here Her Majesty Victoria, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Queen, Defender of the Faith, Empress of India, died in 1901.

Such interference has not, and would not, happen in today's parlimentary democracy. Morrissey can bleat and moan about dismissing Thatcher over the hunger srikes, but he knows, as do most of us still capable of independent thought here, that his poorly constructed diatribe is fed not by a desire for justice - I can't recall him discussing Bobby Sands before - but by his increasing desperation to stay in the media glare. How the mighty have fallen. And he has the brassneck to call this place so low? It's pathetic.

Having said that I am rather enjoying being given lessons on democracy from the land of the hanging chad. Please continue. Of course theoretically the President of the United States, as Commander-In-Chief, could send in the military to arrest the members of Congress and the Senate, but like our dear old Liz, it's a bit unlikely isn't it?

I would imagine that level of blind adoration and stupidity from a Beiber fan, not someone like you who has been following Morrissey since Years of Refusal.

Oh my gosh … now there’s a lad/lass, a real perception, eh?
I’ve been on here a total of three times and yet and yet you know that I became a fan when Years of Refusal first came out.

Now go lay your head down filled with marshmallow fillers on your conjugal bed and stuff your face with oat seed.

Good grief, it really is daunting that you know so much about me.

Cheers

Oh my gosh … now there’s a lad/lass, a real perception, eh?
I’ve been on here a total of three times and yet and yet you know that I became a fan when Years of Refusal first came out.

Now go lay your head down filled with marshmallow fillers on your conjugal bed and stuff your face with oat seed.

Good grief, it really is daunting that you know so much about me.

Cheers

It annoyed you enough to respond, and that was the intention, you big brave anonymous poster, you. ;-)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom