Stephen King's next novel

Just watched Doctor Sleep Directors Cut.

Epic!

However! I want a four hour version! :)

£5 on Amazon to buy btw. f*** Amazon!

However, the HD stream was perfect.

But f*** Amazon.

"DOLLAR BABY FILM FESTIVAL TO SCREEN UNRELEASED STEPHEN KING FILMS ONLINE FOR FREE

StephenKingRulesfestival.jpg

This April 23-25, a selection of Stephen King movies will be available to watch online for free. Hosted by Canadian film production company Barker Street Cinema, the virtual festival, called Stephen King Rules, will screen 25 submissions by filmmakers from all over the world, many of which have never been seen by a global audience before.

Since 1977, the Master of Horror – Stephen King – has allowed emerging filmmakers to adapt his previously unproduced short stories into films that may help launch their careers through what is called the Dollar Baby Deal. Barker Street’s Stephen King Rules Dollar Baby Film Festival will showcase an exciting line-up of these independent movies, including interviews and panel discussions with the filmmakers themselves.

Barker Street Cinema partners James Douglas and Norm Coyne will lead the festival three years after making their own Dollar Baby adaptation of King’s Sherlock Holmes mystery The Doctor’s Case, which will also screen at the festival. Douglas points to the film as the launch pad for his film career and the remarkable effect the program has had for so many.

“I can personally attest to the impact the Dollar Baby initiative has had on my career as a filmmaker,” Douglas said. “Being able to share these stories with the world in this manner is unbelievably profound.”

The Doctor’s Case has won 15 awards to date at more than 40 international festivals. The film stars Denise Crosby (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Pet Sematary), Michael Coleman (ABC’s Once Upon a Time) and William B. Davis (The X-Files’ Cigarette Smoking Man). During COVID isolation, Douglas and Coyne came up with the idea to offer some of their previously unreleased content for free online, a sentiment that they soon found was echoed by many other filmmakers. The Dollar Baby arrangement with Stephen King restricts releasing the films outside of film festivals and the films are rarely permitted to screen online. The two decided to “Hail Mary” the Master of Horror and, as luck would have it, King gave the festival his blessing.

“As storytellers, we were looking for ways to do our part to help provide an escape for people that wouldn’t cost them anything,” said Coyne. “The fact that James got the approval for an entire festival of stories from Stephen King himself is a total mind bender.”

The Stephen King Rules Dollar Baby film festival is scheduled to take place April 23-35, 2021 and will be hosted on Barker Street Cinema’s private Vimeo channel (Link to follow). The three-day event will be co-hosted by author and Stephen King aficionado Anthony Northrup, who penned Stephen King Dollar Baby: The Book, media and design personality Leah Coghlan, and will feature special appearances by the likes of longtime Stephen King collaborator Bev Vincent (Flight or Fright, The Dark Tower Companion) and others.

Viewers can interact with the festival all weekend during their tweet along party, by following on Twitter at https://twitter.com/StephenKingRlz with the hashtag #stephenkingrules

HERE is the full schedule.

SKRulesSocialSchedule1.jpg

Well, bloody hell! I decided earlier that I wanted to watch The Shining, the 2hr and 20 odd minute version. Never seen it! Anyway, if you have a Firestick, download the Apple TV app. You can't purchase the film via the app on the Firestick. That has to be done via your mobile device. The Film costs £8 to buy. After you've bought it or rented it, sign in to Apple TV on your Firestick. That's it. Oh, and the picture quality is something else!

11.22.63 Is a favourite, and would make a great film, wonder why they ignored it?

The novel is epic.

The tv series was crap. Maybe they lost interest in a movie adaptation. One day???
After I made this post i googled to see if a movie might be in the making, it's not, but I discovered they'd made a series so I downloaded it last night, we'll see.

You could get these four short stories for around 10-15 pound. Probably less.

Or you could buy this collection for $52.

STEPHEN KING SHORT FICTION PAPERBACK BOXED SET

Screen-Shot-2021-04-26-at-4.04.40-AM.png

You can get those 4 short stories for a total of £10.76 on ebay. Includes free postage.

Different Seasons - This collection includes The Body and Apt Pupil - £3.92

Four Past Midnight - This collection includes The Sun Dog - £3.65

Skeleton Crew - This collection includes The Mist - £3.28

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Watching The Bold Type on Netflix. This programme is pretty great by the way. Three female leads who have the greatest boss on the rock!

Anyway, in Series 3 Episode 7, Stephen King is mentioned. Twice! Not sure if he is in it. I could look online, but I won't!

"Stephen King On Scary Stalkers, Being ‘Canceled’ By J.K. Rowling, And Navigating Trauma

"Stephen King Reveals On “CBS Sunday Morning” He Used The Paperback Advance From His First Novel “Carrie” To Make Sure His Mother Never Had To Work Again

Stephen King grew up poor but his writing has made him a very wealthy man, and he praises his mother for giving him the room to become a writer. King reveals now that he used the paperback royalties from his first novel, Carrie, to allow his mother to stop working, he tells CBS Sunday Morning anchor Jane Pauley in an interview to be broadcast June 13 (9:00 AM ET) on the CBS Television Network.

King’s mother, Nellie Ruth Pillsbury King, died at age 60 of cancer. However, she did get to see Carrie, published.

“The hardcover advance was small, but the paperback advance just bowled us over, it was, like, $400,000 in 1974. It was a huge amount of money. And – my brother and I talked a little bit about it,” King tells Pauley.

“And we went to – the Pineland facility where she worked. She was in her … green uniform, green rayon uniform, never told this story before,” King continues. “But she was stoned, totally stoned on over-the-counter medication. She was in excruciating pain by that point. … And– my brother … and I … said, ‘Mom, you’re done.’ … There’s enough to take care of you now because the book sold for a lot of money, and you can go home…. And she just put her hands over her face and cried.”

Pauley sits down with King for a wide-ranging interview about his writing career, his marriage, and his latest project, a miniseries, “Lisey’s Story,” for Apple TV.

While King has mastered the craft of providing thrill rides for his millions of readers worldwide through his books, films and TV projects, he also admits he’s not a fan of roller coaster rides in real life.

“You’re not?” Pauley asks.

No,” King says. “No, you see, the thing is, I build the roller coasters. That doesn’t mean I have to ride on ’em.”"

Back
Top Bottom