Stephen Street on Morrissey (Mojo 327, February 2021)

Stephen Street Feb 2021.jpg

Related Item:

Probably nowhere action.... why..
it must be like, for us non musicians or fans meeting up with an ex partner.... and then trying to get the magic back 20 odd years later...
it , in my view just wouldn’t work..
we must , on here stop harking back to what we / think or want/ moz to do with his career.... yes we all have our fave writers, producers, guitarist but come on we need to look forward not backwards....
Look forward? To what? Pick a new artist, fan-boy. Your wee-crush with the douche-bag isn’t going anywhere.

Interesting. What was Street asking for? Was it said in an interview? If you have a link, that would be cool. Thanks.
To be paid whatever had been agreed. Moz's mother answered the phone and told Street that he'd already been paid enough. I'm not saying anything against Moz's lovely mother there. I do think that Moz doesn't like parting with money though.

All you need to know about Moorissey is contained in that article.

Totally right Brett, all said and done, my two pence worth like everyone else..... mr street would be very welcome as a producer.... but from all I’ve ever read with him he seems to shit himself when in the studio with people from moz camp ..
and quite right to ... moz knows who he wants .... he was even in awe of mike joice, and quite rightly as well... but that was decades ago...

Everyday is like Sunday is my all time fave moz song ....
will we ever get these songs again ....
2-4kin right we will ....
anyhow boxing time now....
The idiot from carlisle predicts a Joshua knockout in round 6 ...
enjoy all
^#1 on the list of the lost.

Interesting. What was Street asking for? Was it said in an interview? If you have a link, that would be cool. Thanks.
It was about his producer royalties which hadn't been paid.

Alain was one of the lads right up until that night in Dublin. Do you know what he did that gave Morrissey no other choice to kick him out the band?
Yeah. He told him the rest of the band was shit and refused to wear the sweat-shop t-shirt. He’s a proper musician. He does t need to bend and bow to a bitter, washed up c*** like Melvis.

To be paid whatever had been agreed. Moz's mother answered the phone and told Street that he'd already been paid enough. I'm not saying anything against Moz's lovely mother there. I do think that Moz doesn't like parting with money though.

What was agreed? What was Street asking for? Was he asking for more?
Was Morrissey wrong for refusing to pay him more? Shouldn’t this be done through the record label? or lawyers?

I don’t know. Guess we’d have to see the contracts, no?

Was Morrissey wrong for refusing to pay him more? Shouldn’t this be done through the record label? or lawyers?

No. I think everyone with half a brain can figure it out.

He was asking to get paid for his services, K-hole. Nothing more. Nothing less.

🤒

FFS its the broke cuck Street again. Cant he find a job but talking about Moz?
Moz booted him because of his sucko work:censored:

I can't remember. Street made it sound like he was asking for a pre-agreed amount. He shouldn't have to go through lawyers to get paid. But he did eventually. Street put Moz back on the map and wrote songs that Moz is still singing 30+ years later. Songs that are a lot better than anything since Quarry or Ringleader.

I can't remember. Street made it sound like he was asking for a pre-agreed amount. He shouldn't have to go through lawyers to get paid. But he did eventually. Street put Moz back on the map and wrote songs that Moz is still singing 30+ years later. Songs that are a lot better than anything since Quarry or Ringleader.

Don’t know. Can’t remember what M said about it in Autobiography or did he?

Again it’s subjective, I really like IANADOAC and if covid didn’t through a wrench into the works, I’m sure the album would have been followed by a successful tour and better record sales.

Though I understand it’s fun to ‘what if...’

The only thing worse than listening to a Morrissey album, post 1993, is reading the tripe of the lost-souls who still buy his elevator-music level garbage. NOBODY can take any of you seriously. We’re here for the chuckles!

Again it’s subjective, I really like IANADOAC and if covid didn’t through a wrench into the works, I’m sure the album would have been followed by a successful tour and better record sales.

Autobiography? How can you glean anything from a 600+ page, run-on sentence?

Oh. You’re sure. Lol! Covid has increased worldwide record sales, kiddo. The album didn’t sell because it was shite.

I also agree that Morrissey ruined Viva Hate with the reissue. Ordinary Boys may be my favorite song on the album and he got rid of it. I just couldn't believe it. And Maudlin is supposed to be an epic, it's a long drive home after a crazy night.

I wish I understood why Morrissey seems to destroy so many of his personal and professional relationships. I just read the book by Chris Frantz about drumming in Talking Heads and he seems to say David Byrne is very similar, "incapable of returning friendship."

He was asking to get paid for his services, K-hole. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Stephen Street should have been grateful he was getting a producers fee. He should have been thankful to have the opportunity to write songs with Morrissey. Morrissey is a legend. It is a shame some people are so small-minded they get hung-up on money. Just think how great Stephen Street could have been.

Just guessing, but most probably M thought Streety should be happy with royalties rolling in for songwriting - and hasn't paid his producer's fee.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom