Stone Roses reform

Re: Stone Roses reform...

You'll be fine, Dave. The Stone Roses were huge in the indie world but never really made it big in the real world - just ask a taxi driver (or any non-music fan) to name one of their songs.
There's 150,000 tickets for Heaton Park. They'll probably manage to shift between 50,000 and 100,000 easily enough but I think they'll struggle to sell many more. If they do sell out, thousands will have gone to greedy touts who will end up having to sell at less than face value.

I was going to question 150,000 - but Googled and got the MEN http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...o-cost-55-for-reunion-concerts-at-heaton-park

75,000 tickets each night? That's bollocks.

Dave

Will they even actually make it to 2012 without breaking? It's such a long way ahead!

I'm sure they'll be doing some festivals as well ... £60 per ticket!?!?

At that price I'm hoping the following will be the support bill

Happy Mondays/ Shaun Ryder
Charlatans
James
Northside
The Farm
World Of Twist
Milltown Brothers
The High
Paris Angels
Candyflip
Birdland

with a special DJ appearance from Peter Hook.

I feel like I've been transported back into the mid-90s what with their reformation (remember how long it took The Second Coming to come out?) and Mozzer back in the courts....

Last edited:

It's easy to be cynical about bands reforming -- and the cynicism is usually justfied, but this one happened in such a beautiful (and sad) way, beginning with Mani's mum's funeral. They wanted to announced they were reforming the day after the riots but held off until they played together in a studio, which really shows a proper attitude. On top of that, they're also recording new music so it won't just be a greatest hits tour.
Whatever you think of reformations, this could be one of the best ever. It could be a train wreck, too, but I choose to believe in the third coming.

Morrissey & Marr, for the love of God....

It felt the whole internet crashed at 9.29... bummed... no tix :(

Looks like Sunday is sold out as well :(

Dave

It felt the whole internet crashed at 9.29... bummed... no tix :(
Looks like Sunday is sold out as well :(
Dave

Every ticket tout on Planet Earth will have bought as many tickets for these dates as they can get their greedy hands on. They’re making the mistake of confusing a band with a huge cult following (Stone Roses, Smiths, Libertines etc) for a band with an enormous following among the wider general public (Coldplay, Oasis, U2). Give it time for the hype to die down, and and tons of tickets will become available at face value or less, especially once other dates get announced. Whatever you do, don’t buy an inflated ticket off an E-bay tout. Trust me on this – Uncle Maurice knows about these things!

Every ticket tout on Planet Earth will have bought as many tickets for these dates as they can get their greedy hands on. They’re making the mistake of confusing a band with a huge cult following (Stone Roses, Smiths, Libertines etc) for a band with an enormous following among the wider general public (Coldplay, Oasis, U2). Give it time for the hype to die down, and and tons of tickets will become available at face value or less, especially once other dates get announced. Whatever you do, don’t buy an inflated ticket off an E-bay tout. Trust me on this – Uncle Maurice knows about these things!

I'm with you on this one Uncle Maurice. Once other dates are announced fewer people will be bothered by a trip to Manchester and more will become available.

They will be struggling to fill Wolves Civic and De Montfort Hall before long $(KGrHqR,!jIE6IprjQjRBOnqEyZCBg~~60_12.JPG

Dave

I agree. Over 200,000 tickets bought in a panic. Soon they will announce more dates, V festival, T in Park (probably) etc and loads of people will sell their Manchester tickets.

I can't help but wonder...if Morrissey and Marr announced a 'reunification' :)rolleyes:...gotta love the Mancs) next week, would they do the same trade? Or bigger?
...*scratches head while stroking chin*

I can't help but wonder...if Morrissey and Marr announced a 'reunification' :)rolleyes:...gotta love the Mancs) next week, would they do the same trade? Or bigger?
...*scratches head while stroking chin*

Much, much bigger.

That's 9 million pounds in a day!
I'm sure Mozzer and Marr will be sorry they haven't done the same.
Still, there is time!

Let's hope so. Majority view must be if anything only a Moz/ Marr collaboration could happen one day. Small chance of Rourke, no chance of Joyce.
All we need is for Moz to have a great reason to do it. That's all (not much is it?).
So send your suggestions in quick. Before its too late. I can't think of any.

[h=2]The Stone Roses add 3rd Manchester reunion gig, sell all 220,000 tickets in 68 minutes[/h]
thestoneroses2011.jpg

The Stone Roses sold out their two 2012 reunion concerts in Manchester in just 14 minute this morning, prompting the band to add a third show — which also sold out. All told, the band sold 220,000 tickets in 68 minutes, leading it to declare the June 29-July 1 concerts at Heaton Park the “fastest selling rock gigs in U.K. history.”

According to the band’s website, the sell-out prompted frontman Ian Brown to declare, “We plan on spending the rest of the day jumping up and down with our hands in the air.”
The Roses’ original lineup — Brown, John Squire, Gary “Mani” Mounfield and Alan “Reni” Wren — on Tuesday announced plans to reunite for the first time since the mid-’90s for the hometown gigs next summer, as well as a full world tour. Plus, they confirmed at the London press conference that they’re writing new songs together and could even record a new album.
Aside from Heaton Park, though, no further tour plans have been announced.

The Stone Roses tour dates:
June 29: Heaton Park, Manchester, UK
June 30: Heaton Park, Manchester, UK
July 1: Heaton Park, Manchester, UK

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2011/10/21/stone-roses-heaton-park-tickets-sell-out/

That's 9 million pounds in a day!
I'm sure Mozzer and Marr will be sorry they haven't done the same.
Still, there is time!

don't forget t-shirt sales

Just watching the Live At Blackpool Empress Ballroom DVD and getting goosebumps.
Got tickets for the Saturday gig and literally can't wait for next June, it is going to be a mad weekend in Manchester.

And by the way Moz and Johnny, please, please, please let us get what we want... :guitar:

225k tickets sold in an hour means, rightly or wrongly, these gigs will be more like Oasis at Knebworth than merely a tout's paradise.

Moz n Marr must have taken more than a passing interest in yesterday's sales and who could blame them?

I'm going on the Sunday, his voice may have warmed up sufficiently by then

Back
Top Bottom