Stone Roses reform

Re: Stone Roses Friday Stage Times

Kid British 4.45pm-5.10pm
The Vaccines 5.30pm-6.05pm
The Wailers 6.35pm-7.20pm
Primal Scream 7.50pm-8.40pm
Roses 9.10pm

some more info
http://timpickstone.mycouncillor.or...eaton-park-concert-information-for-residents/
pre concert:
27th / 28th 10:00am – 8.30pm (This is when the PA will first be tested and for the main and support artists sound check)

Concert Days:
29th / 30th / 1st 10.00am – 1.00pm (This is to make any necessary adjustments from the previous sound readings and concert sound.)

The Concert Arena gates will open at 3pm, no acts will perform before 4:45pm and the concerts will finish at 11pm.

Kid British have tweeted that they are on at 1645 until 1710.

Kid British 4.50pm-5.15pm
The Vaccines 5.30pm-6.00pm
The Wailers 6.30pm-7.15pm
Primal Scream 7.45pm-8.45pm
Roses 9.30pm - 10.45pm
11 curfew

similar running for the other 2 days. roses approx 9.15pm Saturday & Sunday, depending on the overall running time.
also news from roses camp: bad vibes in the band. arguments the lot. it would be a miracle to see the band get through all the manchester shows without coming to blows :eek:
unconfirmed: similar setlist for each night a few minor changes (mersey paradise, where angels play, shoot you down, dont stop etc. to fill the 3 nights. 14 songs including encore ?)

Last edited:
Re: Stone Roses reform...

Stone Roses in Manchester is far and away the biggest music event this decade. That first night (I am there) promises to be the most genuinely atmospheric gig in years. If the weather holds out it could be legendary. Two new songs at best and a hurtle through some of the finest classic pop toons. The price is fine getting Primal Scream and then the Roses given what Ive paid for Moz and Young! Actually more likely to be a happening than a gig as crowd will sing and sway to every note amd unlikely to hear Ian Browns dodgy notes. And guaranteed great people watching, casualties guaranteed as folk roll back the years. Definitley the UKs drug hotspot that day.

You know you want to be there. Seeing Moz at MEN the following month and worried that will seem lacklustre in comparison

And if they are cashing in, good on them, the 80s were a shambles for contractual obligations and bands routinely saw little cash. If Wayne Rooney gets £200,000 a week then the Roses deserve everything they get. Like the Smiths there are few bands that court that adulation and truly provided the soundtrack to peoples lives for a period.

I suggest anyone considering it just bites the bullet and goes. Forget any gigs before Manchester, the interaction between audience and band so importnat to the Smiths will be in full force in Manchester. Have I gone on enough.....give it a go, you certainly wont be bored that day whatever you do.

Plenty of tickets available now, going for face value or less e.g. here
http://www.gumtree.com/tickets/manchester

Been watching more clips of the Roses at their various reunion gigs -- they're sounding fantastic. As good as they ever did (some say even better).
Brownie hits some bum notes but the overall quality of his singing is much better. The melody is back. Watched some of Reading '96 again -- painful.

Any word on live streaming from Heaton Park? (even audio is okay)

Been watching more clips of the Roses at their various reunion gigs -- they're sounding fantastic. As good as they ever did (some say even better).
Brownie hits some bum notes but the overall quality of his singing is much better. The melody is back. Watched some of Reading '96 again -- painful.

Any word on live streaming from Heaton Park? (even audio is okay)

Was wondering the same thing and how good of them to kick it all off on my birthday tomorrow. Would have been nice to see it on a live stream on the big tv. Not seen any such info on the most well known streaming websites so I guess it is more likely that we will get to see it afterwards.

Urban

8 hours to go till roses perform in manchester for the first time in 7 years & the first time with reni for 23 years!
pretty sure the roses will get broadcast on bbc for t-in the park. highlights on bbc2 & an edited version of the set on bbc3/freeview i-player. then v festival will probably broadcast 3 songs on channel4. i hear the roses are recording all 3 nights of heaton park for a live release late this year with an arena tour!!!!!!!!! fingers crossed

Bit unfair that you got Primal Scream on Friday and the Sunday one (the one I'm going to) gets the majesty of Plan B. Still it's Beady Eye tonight!

I see they come on stage at 9:10pm which means I'm going to miss the Euro 2012 final, after watching every f***ing match. Any pubs nearby which may be showing it? Or a big screen perhaps? And they say nostalgia ain't what it used to be.

Can you take your own booze in? Heard the beer queues were immense.

Dreading it to be honest.... I'll probably have a great time then. Setlist looks pretty good though. And 100+ mins too

"Yeah, that’s right. Grown men are pissing themselves at the prospect of seeing Ian Brown belt out tunes that were shit 20 years ago. Words fail me." Why did you bother?

"Last night, in a field full of 75,000 overweight forty-somethings hellbent on reliving their youth," Well yes if...."The Stone Roses are as shit now as they were 22 years ago." basic maths would suggest there fan base should be made up of forty somethings. No one has been able to tell me what is the correct age to stop appreciating music, although plenty of kids like to post about middle age punters at gigs.

"I got myself a last-minute ticket for a tenner in order to confirm my suspicions that it would be shite." nothing as shoddy as a review written before the event, again why did you bother? surely not just so you could write a half arsed review on a website no ones ever going to find?

look, i thought it was shit. i agree, i had preconceptions that probably informed my final opinion and if that makes the review worthless then fine. also, i'm sorry if it touched a nerve, it was supposed to be a slightly alternative view from the fan boy write ups i've seen thus far. as for the website getting no hits, are you aware of the sites stats? anyway, i'm glad my review shook a few people out of their slumber. why should i only write about things i like? i can still offer a valid opinion.

Just got back home from Heaton Park, and what a fantastic gig.
One of the best I've ever been to, without any doubt.
Hats off to the Roses.

Why so elitist?

i don't think i am. i just didn't rate the performance and hated all the fawning reviews that are around. the only thing i wish i'd said in my review is that people who live very mundane existences were allowed, for a few hours at least, to really let go and express themselves which is essentially what live music is about. that was good to see in a way but not in others. not at the alter of ian brown, who is detestable in my book.

they played..just didn't allow cameras to broadcast their performance as Shane Meadows is filming a documentary about them..

It was a great event (Manchester dates) but, on the Sunday, not a great gig. The moments when Ian Brown's voice was heard above the bellowing of the audience were fortunately very rare. His rapping is shite as well. (Love Spreads). Thought Reni and John Squire were magnificent and it was genuinely fantastic to see those songs that I grew up with played live by the original group. And everyone enjoyed themselves despite the event being piss-poorly organised.

It depends on what you go to a gig expecting. The Roses couldn't fail to entertain by virtue of the crowd determined to have a good time. I hope they don't decide to record new tunes or if they do sack the singer

look, i thought it was shit. i agree, i had preconceptions that probably informed my final opinion and if that makes the review worthless then fine. also, i'm sorry if it touched a nerve, it was supposed to be a slightly alternative view from the fan boy write ups i've seen thus far. as for the website getting no hits, are you aware of the sites stats? anyway, i'm glad my review shook a few people out of their slumber. why should i only write about things i like? i can still offer a valid opinion.

Just read your review and agree with every word... particularly the vocal criticisms and the floppy-hatted Pretty green wanna-bes. Yet I managed to enjoy it as majority of others did. Don't think I'll see them again though.

Back
Top Bottom