Stop The War Demo, London, Saturday

MunchyBrain, I was thinking right, aren't STWC a pacifist organisation?

They shout do they not? ;)
mumble?
God knows..

Oh, for christ's sake! They wave bits of paper, that is all they do! are you happy now?;)
What should we (as in me and you and everyone else) do then?

Oh, for christ's sake! They wave bits of paper, that is all they do! are you happy now?;)
What should we (as in me and you and everyone else) do then?

Yes! I would say what I think we should do but it will marginalise opinion and make everyone think I'm just a stupid teenager with no politics...bringing me nicely onto my next point:

Wait until you're old enough to vote?

*ducks*

I'm not going to vote even when I can! :eek:

You'd better say something or people will think you have nothing to say
quote Jean-Jacques Rousseau or something,

Aren't you a bit American to care? ;)
anyway, bugger off, I can't help not being able to vote

Oh, you're right. We had nothing to do with this war, so we should just butt out.

Yes! I would say what I think we should do but it will marginalise opinion and make everyone think I'm just a stupid teenager with no politics...bringing me nicely onto my next point:

you_re-doing-it-wrong.jpg

wrong.jpg

Wrong.jpg

Just to tell everyone who couldn't be bothered to turn up (I.E. everyone here) that this went well. We heckled Tony Benn and George Galloway, 10 of us nearly got in a fight with, ermm, everyone else there for it. But we flew our anarchist flags high, and it was quite good. :)

This perfectly exemplifies the self-defeating nature of the radical left. Republicans couldn't do a better job. You need to understand you're shooting yourself in the foot, here. I am an Anarchist myself, and I vote nearly every chance I get. It's a false dichotomy. The majority of human suffering on earth is the result of monolithic institutions, religion, multinationals, and foremost, the state. HOWEVER, you need to reason it out. How does NOT exercising the freedoms you do have help you become more free, or affect political change? Some of the less intelligent members of the Anarchist fringe will say "Don't bother, just laugh them out of office." Well, I've got a newsflash, this will NEVER work. In fact, one of the main reasons we're stuck in this dogshit political system is because nobody gives a damn. granted, in the UK, it's different, you guys have a parliament, but still, in both countries something like half the voting-eligible population doesn't even bother. As far as the far right is concerned this is wine and roses. If all the people who say it doesn't matter actually voted they're interests, wrote angry letters to they're congressmen, got involved in local and national politics, we'd have a dramatically different political landscape. If you pass up you're right to vote you not only abdicate you're right to complain, and you help the bastards win.

.....SECOND, while you're full of holier-than-thou recriminations of anyone to the right of Emma Goldman, if the radical left wants to suceed at ANYTHING, it will build bridges to the center to create a greater progressive movement. I'm not saying give up on you're values, but there IS a middle ground. Seattle '98 is a PERFECT example. You had the radicals breaking windows, or preaching anarchism, or communism, or whatever, but you also had environmentalists, democrats, and trade unionists doing they're thing. thats' why it WORKED. The people have the power to make real change, you can spend you're life alienating them or do something productive.

where's the peoples popular front?

Oh he's over there!

Splitter!

ha-ha

love

Grim

Back
Top Bottom